Xilinx

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Operations Account Manager Interview

Customer Operations Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview Details – The actual meetings were organized and straight forward. Some interviewers are tough, but the questions are typical capabilities and behavior, except for one interviewer who asked some unique questions to test your problem solving skills and fit. I like the fact your present your competition.

The process itself was horrible. Well over 4 months to go through interviews, and they brought in additional candidates at the last second for more interviews. No decision was made.

Interview Question – It is 4:30 on a Friday. My boss comes to you and asks for a sample before he leaves to board a plane at 5. The. The manufacturing manager asks for the schedule you previously committed to and he is leaving at 5. My buddy at our client calls me and asks me for a favor which I asked you to confirm. I am leaving at 5. You can do only 2 of the 3. Which ones do you do and why?   Answer Question

Customer Operations Account Manager Interview

Customer Operations Account Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xilinx in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was with a recruiter via telephone conversation. I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. I was invited a week later for an on-site interview which consisted of a 10-minute interview including question and answer. After the presentation, I met with the managers and potential peers for half hour one on one 30 minute interviews. I was then invited to a second round of interview to meet with another manager and director of the department. The third interview was with the VP who was almost 20 minutes late, and was texting/emailing during the interview.

Interview Question – Do you know how a cell phone works?
Do you know how to write SQL?
Do you know what a swing line chart?
How did you handle difficult people at work?
  Answer Question

Worked for Xilinx? Contribute to the Community!