Xilinx Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in August 2010.

regular process start with HR.
Then 1:1 with different group.

Other Interview Reviews for Xilinx

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in October 2011.

1. send resume to an alumni employee
    2. the team leader calls for an on-site interview
    3. talk to 4 people in the team (one-on-one), about 2 hours in length

p.s. prepare more about the requirements listed and prepare to be familiar with any skill listed on the resume

Interview Questions
    • Question about some CMOS details, device physics, Eddie current and so on   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Xilinx in June 2009.

Fairly standard, contacted by a recruiter, then a phone screen and then an onsite interview. Interview was very technical in nature and a few questions were asked. The questions were mostly circuits related and very pertinent to the job. I was contacted within 3 days after the interview. They did not ask much off the resume.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in April 2010.

Very detailed technical interview conducted over the phone, not the typical "pre-screen" type call I was expecting. Can't imagine what the in-person interview would have been like, had they called me in! Spoke only with the hiring manager who, in fairness, was friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to explain, in great detail, a project I last worked on more than three years ago!   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in January 2008.

- started with a call from the hiring manager
    - had a first round of interview on technical and experience related questions
    - phone interview followed by on-site interview
    - interview lasted around 6 hours total and consisted of 1:1 interview with various group members
    - questions were mostly technical

Interview Questions
    • Which part of the threshold voltage roll-off curve do you want to target your process to and why?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in March 2009.

I was given total 14 questions during 45 mins phone interview, hiring manager was friendly, and asked technical questions mostly. 4 of 14 were behavior questions, 10 of them are position related questions.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Xilinx in October 2009.

I was past employee called back for a contract position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to evaluate some third party tools we are considering? (Without giving my any ide what the tools are, what to be used for, etc.)   View Answer
    Not really. They halved my hours to 20/week, and halved my previous salary. I needed a job badly so I took it.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xilinx in September 2009.

quite open and orgnized.

Interview Questions
    • what if you are going to fire someone in the team? what to do   Answer Question

Worked for Xilinx? Contribute to the Community!