Xilinx Engineering Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

1. send resume to an alumni employee
2. the team leader calls for an on-site interview
3. talk to 4 people in the team (one-on-one), about 2 hours in length

p.s. prepare more about the requirements listed and prepare to be familiar with any skill listed on the resume

Interview Questions

• Question about some CMOS details, device physics, Eddie current and so on   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Xilinx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

regular process start with HR.
    Then 1:1 with different group.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Very detailed technical interview conducted over the phone, not the typical "pre-screen" type call I was expecting. Can't imagine what the in-person interview would have been like, had they called me in! Spoke only with the hiring manager who, in fairness, was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain, in great detail, a project I last worked on more than three years ago!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Fairly standard, contacted by a recruiter, then a phone screen and then an onsite interview. Interview was very technical in nature and a few questions were asked. The questions were mostly circuits related and very pertinent to the job. I was contacted within 3 days after the interview. They did not ask much off the resume.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

- started with a call from the hiring manager
    - had a first round of interview on technical and experience related questions
    - phone interview followed by on-site interview
    - interview lasted around 6 hours total and consisted of 1:1 interview with various group members
    - questions were mostly technical

Interview Questions

• Which part of the threshold voltage roll-off curve do you want to target your process to and why?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Xilinx in October 2009.

Interview

I was past employee called back for a contract position.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to evaluate some third party tools we are considering? (Without giving my any ide what the tools are, what to be used for, etc.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really. They halved my hours to 20/week, and halved my previous salary. I needed a job badly so I took it.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xilinx (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2009.

Interview

quite open and orgnized.

Interview Questions

• what if you are going to fire someone in the team? what to do   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx in March 2009.

Interview

I was given total 14 questions during 45 mins phone interview, hiring manager was friendly, and asked technical questions mostly. 4 of 14 were behavior questions, 10 of them are position related questions.