Xilinx

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in August 2010.

Interview Details – regular process start with HR.
Then 1:1 with different group.

Interview Questions

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in October 2011.

Interview Details – 1. send resume to an alumni employee
2. the team leader calls for an on-site interview
3. talk to 4 people in the team (one-on-one), about 2 hours in length

p.s. prepare more about the requirements listed and prepare to be familiar with any skill listed on the resume

Interview Question – Question about some CMOS details, device physics, Eddie current and so on   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Xilinx in June 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly standard, contacted by a recruiter, then a phone screen and then an onsite interview. Interview was very technical in nature and a few questions were asked. The questions were mostly circuits related and very pertinent to the job. I was contacted within 3 days after the interview. They did not ask much off the resume.

Interview Question – Draw a simple divider.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed technical interview conducted over the phone, not the typical "pre-screen" type call I was expecting. Can't imagine what the in-person interview would have been like, had they called me in! Spoke only with the hiring manager who, in fairness, was friendly.

Interview Question – Was asked to explain, in great detail, a project I last worked on more than three years ago!   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in January 2008.

Interview Details – - started with a call from the hiring manager
- had a first round of interview on technical and experience related questions
- phone interview followed by on-site interview
- interview lasted around 6 hours total and consisted of 1:1 interview with various group members
- questions were mostly technical

Interview Question – Which part of the threshold voltage roll-off curve do you want to target your process to and why?   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was given total 14 questions during 45 mins phone interview, hiring manager was friendly, and asked technical questions mostly. 4 of 14 were behavior questions, 10 of them are position related questions.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Xilinx in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was past employee called back for a contract position.

Interview Question – Do you want to evaluate some third party tools we are considering? (Without giving my any ide what the tools are, what to be used for, etc.)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really. They halved my hours to 20/week, and halved my previous salary. I needed a job badly so I took it.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xilinx in September 2009.

Interview Details – quite open and orgnized.

Interview Question – what if you are going to fire someone in the team? what to do   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Xilinx

Worked for Xilinx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xilinx Engineering interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Xilinx employees and interview candidates.