Xilinx

Xilinx Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed technical interview conducted over the phone, not the typical "pre-screen" type call I was expecting. Can't imagine what the in-person interview would have been like, had they called me in! Spoke only with the hiring manager who, in fairness, was friendly.

Interview Question – Was asked to explain, in great detail, a project I last worked on more than three years ago!   View Answer

San Jose, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Xilinx in June 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly standard, contacted by a recruiter, then a phone screen and then an onsite interview. Interview was very technical in nature and a few questions were asked. The questions were mostly circuits related and very pertinent to the job. I was contacted within 3 days after the interview. They did not ask much off the resume.

Interview Question – Draw a simple divider.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was given total 14 questions during 45 mins phone interview, hiring manager was friendly, and asked technical questions mostly. 4 of 14 were behavior questions, 10 of them are position related questions.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in October 2011.

Interview Details – 1. send resume to an alumni employee
2. the team leader calls for an on-site interview
3. talk to 4 people in the team (one-on-one), about 2 hours in length

p.s. prepare more about the requirements listed and prepare to be familiar with any skill listed on the resume

Interview Question – Question about some CMOS details, device physics, Eddie current and so on   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in August 2010.

Interview Details – regular process start with HR.
Then 1:1 with different group.

Interview Questions

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xilinx in September 2009.

Interview Details – quite open and orgnized.

Interview Question – what if you are going to fire someone in the team? what to do   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in January 2008.

Interview Details – - started with a call from the hiring manager
- had a first round of interview on technical and experience related questions
- phone interview followed by on-site interview
- interview lasted around 6 hours total and consisted of 1:1 interview with various group members
- questions were mostly technical

Interview Question – Which part of the threshold voltage roll-off curve do you want to target your process to and why?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Xilinx in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was past employee called back for a contract position.

Interview Question – Do you want to evaluate some third party tools we are considering? (Without giving my any ide what the tools are, what to be used for, etc.)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really. They halved my hours to 20/week, and halved my previous salary. I needed a job badly so I took it.

Worked for Xilinx? Contribute to the Community!