Xilinx

Average Difficulty
71 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Applications Engineer (Embedded) Interview

Product Applications Engineer (Embedded)
Longmont, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xilinx in June 2013.

Interview Details – 4 rounds followed by an HR round. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – About device trees. I didn't have much experience in Linux, so I found it a bit difficult.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Hardware Intern Interview

Hardware Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Xilinx in March 2014.

Interview Details – It is a referral. There are two phone interviews, each for 30 minutes. Questions reach detailed in my resume, and gave me a hard time. It is a 6 month intern. It takes some time to process the official offer.

Interview Question – I didn't recall any abnormal questions.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Campbell, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Xilinx in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Screen -> In Person (Half Day) interview with several different people (1 at a time). Some guys asked me to describe a module I had worked on. Some guys asked me about PCIE flow control, transaction ordering. This was an interview with the iP team designing the hard-core IP sections of the FPGAs. Specifically the PCIE group.

Interview Question – Most difficult was how would you write a script to calculate the latency of a PCIE bus given a data base of several transactions, and their completions.

An easier one that was asked that was unexpected, given I am more HW is: Write a function to detect a one-hot encoded state variable. I sort of bombed it at the interview, but looked into the solution in detail after the interview.
  View Answer

Signal Integrity Intern Interview

Signal Integrity Intern
Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Xilinx in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied through the online portal for a signal integrity intern position.. though my back ground was in embedded systems... questions were generally about my projects and backgrounds from the resume... and things like what would be your perfect job... why are manhole covers round... They also tried to gauge my understanding of engineering electromagnetics to see if i would be useful

Interview Question – nothing difficult...   Answer Question

Customer Operations Account Manager Interview

Customer Operations Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview Details – The actual meetings were organized and straight forward. Some interviewers are tough, but the questions are typical capabilities and behavior, except for one interviewer who asked some unique questions to test your problem solving skills and fit. I like the fact your present your competition.

The process itself was horrible. Well over 4 months to go through interviews, and they brought in additional candidates at the last second for more interviews. No decision was made.

Interview Question – It is 4:30 on a Friday. My boss comes to you and asks for a sample before he leaves to board a plane at 5. The. The manufacturing manager asks for the schedule you previously committed to and he is leaving at 5. My buddy at our client calls me and asks me for a favor which I asked you to confirm. I am leaving at 5. You can do only 2 of the 3. Which ones do you do and why?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xilinx in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy extended to me. I met individually with four people including the person who previously held this position and all were very personable and forthcoming. They followed-up promptly in regards to where we were in the process. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was a scenario example... what would you do if in a situation where the VP was speaking and the microphone stopped working   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Xilinx in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from the HR . The interview was scheduled a week after. It was a 30 minute phone interview. The position was for a software developer for creating a search engine. I was asked basic questions regarding search engine development. I was also asked about my past work experience as well as academic projects.

Interview Question – Basic considerations when designing a search engine   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was initially offered a little less than the average market pay for an intern. After further negotiation, got a revised offer

Customer Account Manager Interview

Customer Account Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xilinx in January 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring manager will ask you about Excel proficiency most likely about pivot table functionality. They will ask you to give a presentation on a topic of your choice and present in front of a panel plus the other candidates. The other questions are typical what are your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – They will ask you to give a presentation on a topic of your choice and present in front of a panel plus the other candidates.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Xilinx in April 2009.

Interview Details – Responded to an on-line ad and got a call back within 2 weeks from the HR team. This was followed up by 3 separate phone interviews over the next week and a half. Finally I was invited to the company offices and had a grueling 4 hour session with 5 different managers. As the company is global, several of the interviews were via conference calls. This was followed up by a second site visit and more one on one interviews. Overall it was a demanding process that took 6 weeks to complete.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xilinx in December 2009.

Interview Details – Referred by professional contact. Sent in resume and a draft of project description I was working on for my degree.

Interview Question – Technical question related to digital design timing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Xilinx

Worked for Xilinx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xilinx interview questions and advice. All 71 interview reviews posted anonymously by Xilinx employees and interview candidates.