Xilinx

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.1

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Xilinx.

I went for an initial interview with the hiring manager and that went well. The following week they asked me to come back and meet with two people on the team. If that went well I was told I would come back for a third and final interview with someone in the BU. I really felt like all the interviews went well and it seemed like I would be a great fit for the team. I sent the typical thank you emails as well as check-in emails on the status. I sent one a week to a couple different people hoping that someone could tell me if I was moving on to the next round. I was told it was between me and one other candidate. After a month with NO response from anyone at the company, I decided to go to their website and see if the job posting was still active. I saw that they re-posted the job online last week. I find it completely unprofessional and cruel to keep someone hanging on for a month. It takes two minutes to send me an email telling me that they are moving on and that I'm not a fit. If this is how this company operates then I'm glad I didn't get that job.

SIV Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx.

Received an Invite for a phone interview. Selected a time and replied. Phone interview was technical, partly based on past experience and partly on job requirements(Computer Architecture and Digital Circuits). Asked about a project on my Resume that I was most proud of.

Financial Analyst Interview

I had 2 days interview. The first day it was on campus and there were two interviews, one with a finance manager and one with a controller. The second time was at the company headquarter. There was only one interview with three senior finance managers/ directors

Hardware Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Xilinx in March 2014.

It is a referral. There are two phone interviews, each for 30 minutes. Questions reach detailed in my resume, and gave me a hard time. It is a 6 month intern. It takes some time to process the official offer.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Xilinx in February 2014.

Phone Screen -> In Person (Half Day) interview with several different people (1 at a time). Some guys asked me to describe a module I had worked on. Some guys asked me about PCIE flow control, transaction ordering. This was an interview with the iP team designing the hard-core IP sections of the FPGAs. Specifically the PCIE group.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was how would you write a script to calculate the latency of a PCIE bus given a data base of several transactions, and their completions.

An easier one that was asked that was unexpected, given I am more HW is: Write a function to detect a one-hot encoded state variable. I sort of bombed it at the interview, but looked into the solution in detail after the interview.

View Answer

Customer Operations Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Xilinx.

The actual meetings were organized and straight forward. Some interviewers are tough, but the questions are typical capabilities and behavior, except for one interviewer who asked some unique questions to test your problem solving skills and fit. I like the fact your present your competition.

The process itself was horrible. Well over 4 months to go through interviews, and they brought in additional candidates at the last second for more interviews. No decision was made.

Interview Questions
    • It is 4:30 on a Friday. My boss comes to you and asks for a sample before he leaves to board a plane at 5. The. The manufacturing manager asks for the schedule you previously committed to and he is leaving at 5. My buddy at our client calls me and asks me for a favor which I asked you to confirm. I am leaving at 5. You can do only 2 of the 3. Which ones do you do and why?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx in September 2013.

I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy extended to me. I met individually with four people including the person who previously held this position and all were very personable and forthcoming. They followed-up promptly in regards to where we were in the process. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was a scenario example... what would you do if in a situation where the VP was speaking and the microphone stopped working   Answer Question

Product Applications Engineer (Embedded) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx in June 2013.

4 rounds followed by an HR round. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • About device trees. I didn't have much experience in Linux, so I found it a bit difficult.   Answer Question

Signal Integrity Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx in June 2013.

I had applied through the online portal for a signal integrity intern position.. though my back ground was in embedded systems... questions were generally about my projects and backgrounds from the resume... and things like what would be your perfect job... why are manhole covers round... They also tried to gauge my understanding of engineering electromagnetics to see if i would be useful

Customer Operations Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx in January 2013.

Initial contact was with a recruiter via telephone conversation. I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. I was invited a week later for an on-site interview which consisted of a 10-minute interview including question and answer. After the presentation, I met with the managers and potential peers for half hour one on one 30 minute interviews. I was then invited to a second round of interview to meet with another manager and director of the department. The third interview was with the VP who was almost 20 minutes late, and was texting/emailing during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how a cell phone works?
      Do you know how to write SQL?
      Do you know what a swing line chart?
      How did you handle difficult people at work?

Answer Question