Xilinx

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Interview

Manufacturing
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Xilinx in March 2011.

Interview Details – Lack of follow up on interview process.
Written communications less to be desired.
Verbal communication skills were condescending.
Lack of follow through, when you offer to do something, do it, don't just say you're going to do it.
Hand shake greeting (look people in the eyes and show some interest, it's only respectful)
Ego centric management team (interviewers and interviewees are both being reviewed).
Lack of demonstrating relationship building skills.
I wasn't impressed, maybe the dept. with is a poor example of the entire company atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Vague and yet somewhat clever question to determine creativity and resourcefulness. Consider if the internet didn't exist... how would you do this?   Answer Question
  • Vague and yet somewhat clever question to determine if candidate would respect chain of command. Not a matrix environment.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Lack of proper interviewing etiquette confirmed initial sense.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
San Jose, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Xilinx in June 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly standard, contacted by a recruiter, then a phone screen and then an onsite interview. Interview was very technical in nature and a few questions were asked. The questions were mostly circuits related and very pertinent to the job. I was contacted within 3 days after the interview. They did not ask much off the resume.

Interview Question – Draw a simple divider.   Answer Question

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Product Applications Engineer
Longmont, CO

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Xilinx in November 2010.

Interview Details – They first had a hiring manager call and then I had a technical interview with a senior product applications engineer.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed technical interview conducted over the phone, not the typical "pre-screen" type call I was expecting. Can't imagine what the in-person interview would have been like, had they called me in! Spoke only with the hiring manager who, in fairness, was friendly.

Interview Question – Was asked to explain, in great detail, a project I last worked on more than three years ago!   View Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Xilinx in September 2008.

Interview Details – referred by employee. first interview on phone. several on-site interviews with relevant managers. final interviews with hr.

Interview Questions

• What new FPGA technology would you develop, if you could?   Answer Question
  • How would you improve software design tools to make it easier for FPGA developers to realize their designs faster?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – it was a long process. very tight budgets.

Processing Architect Interview

Processing Architect
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in December 2009.

Interview Details – Just had a 30 minute preliminary interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in January 2008.

Interview Details – - started with a call from the hiring manager
- had a first round of interview on technical and experience related questions
- phone interview followed by on-site interview
- interview lasted around 6 hours total and consisted of 1:1 interview with various group members
- questions were mostly technical

Interview Question – Which part of the threshold voltage roll-off curve do you want to target your process to and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xilinx in August 2008.

Interview Details – Very similar to typical silicon valley co interviews

Interview Question – Why would you want to move from engineering to Marketing.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in June 2008.

Interview Details – Manager called. Asked technical questions. Manager then agreed on 1:1 interview. HR sent an e-mail with Interview date and schedule. 6 people interviewed me, inlcuding the hiring manger. Everybody asked technical questions. Interview were lss difficult than some of the other companies i Interviewed with.

Interview Question – Not sure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Inflexible.

Staff Design Engineer Interview

Staff Design Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Xilinx in July 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly standard interview process: phone interview, then 1:1 with team members and managers

Interview Question – logic design question: design a circuit that divides a clock into 3 with 50% duty cycle   Answer Question