Xilinx Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

3.1

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Very detailed technical interview conducted over the phone, not the typical "pre-screen" type call I was expecting. Can't imagine what the in-person interview would have been like, had they called me in! Spoke only with the hiring manager who, in fairness, was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain, in great detail, a project I last worked on more than three years ago!   1 Answer

Processing Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Just had a 30 minute preliminary interview.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Referred by professional contact. Sent in resume and a draft of project description I was working on for my degree.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Staff Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process: phone interview, then 1:1 with team members and managers

Interview Questions

• logic design question: design a circuit that divides a clock into 3 with 50% duty cycle   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Fairly standard, contacted by a recruiter, then a phone screen and then an onsite interview. Interview was very technical in nature and a few questions were asked. The questions were mostly circuits related and very pertinent to the job. I was contacted within 3 days after the interview. They did not ask much off the resume.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx in April 2009.

Interview

Responded to an on-line ad and got a call back within 2 weeks from the HR team. This was followed up by 3 separate phone interviews over the next week and a half. Finally I was invited to the company offices and had a grueling 4 hour session with 5 different managers. As the company is global, several of the interviews were via conference calls. This was followed up by a second site visit and more one on one interviews. Overall it was a demanding process that took 6 weeks to complete.

Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

review of past projects and layout design skills.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

referred by employee. first interview on phone. several on-site interviews with relevant managers. final interviews with hr.

Interview Questions

• What new FPGA technology would you develop, if you could?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve software design tools to make it easier for FPGA developers to realize their designs faster?   2 Answers

Negotiation

it was a long process. very tight budgets.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Very similar to typical silicon valley co interviews

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to move from engineering to Marketing.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Manager called. Asked technical questions. Manager then agreed on 1:1 interview. HR sent an e-mail with Interview date and schedule. 6 people interviewed me, inlcuding the hiring manger. Everybody asked technical questions. Interview were lss difficult than some of the other companies i Interviewed with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.