Xilinx Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

3.1

Staff Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process: phone interview, then 1:1 with team members and managers

Interview Questions

• logic design question: design a circuit that divides a clock into 3 with 50% duty cycle   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Fairly standard, contacted by a recruiter, then a phone screen and then an onsite interview. Interview was very technical in nature and a few questions were asked. The questions were mostly circuits related and very pertinent to the job. I was contacted within 3 days after the interview. They did not ask much off the resume.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx in April 2009.

Interview

Responded to an on-line ad and got a call back within 2 weeks from the HR team. This was followed up by 3 separate phone interviews over the next week and a half. Finally I was invited to the company offices and had a grueling 4 hour session with 5 different managers. As the company is global, several of the interviews were via conference calls. This was followed up by a second site visit and more one on one interviews. Overall it was a demanding process that took 6 weeks to complete.

Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

review of past projects and layout design skills.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

referred by employee. first interview on phone. several on-site interviews with relevant managers. final interviews with hr.

Interview Questions

• What new FPGA technology would you develop, if you could?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve software design tools to make it easier for FPGA developers to realize their designs faster?   2 Answers

Negotiation

it was a long process. very tight budgets.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Very similar to typical silicon valley co interviews

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to move from engineering to Marketing.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Manager called. Asked technical questions. Manager then agreed on 1:1 interview. HR sent an e-mail with Interview date and schedule. 6 people interviewed me, inlcuding the hiring manger. Everybody asked technical questions. Interview were lss difficult than some of the other companies i Interviewed with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

- started with a call from the hiring manager
    - had a first round of interview on technical and experience related questions
    - phone interview followed by on-site interview
    - interview lasted around 6 hours total and consisted of 1:1 interview with various group members
    - questions were mostly technical

Interview Questions

• Which part of the threshold voltage roll-off curve do you want to target your process to and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through college. Got interviewed by two managers within two weeks of application. When I first entered they asked me which of the two available places that I wanted. They mainly just went over my CV and looked at my technical history and skipped over my extra curricular activities which made me think that some of their employees may not be very sociable since they didnt seem to care about that aspect. I also got a very quick tour of the building which was quite nice.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to draw the testbench waveform of a D-flip flop and had to explain what would happen if my input changed marginally after a rising clock edge. Also asked for a few differences between Verliog and C programming.   Answer Question

Interview

1 telephonic initial, 3 telephonic (data structures/algo , C/C++, Digital), 6 onsite interviews at Hyderabad, 1 HR over phone as the HR team was not there when they made me to fly down to Hyderabad. Offer letter took almost a month to come.

Same salary as current