Xilinx

Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.1

Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx in February 2009.

review of past projects and layout design skills.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx in September 2008.

referred by employee. first interview on phone. several on-site interviews with relevant managers. final interviews with hr.

Interview Questions
    • What new FPGA technology would you develop, if you could?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve software design tools to make it easier for FPGA developers to realize their designs faster?   View Answers (2)
    it was a long process. very tight budgets.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xilinx in August 2008.

Very similar to typical silicon valley co interviews

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to move from engineering to Marketing.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx in June 2008.

Manager called. Asked technical questions. Manager then agreed on 1:1 interview. HR sent an e-mail with Interview date and schedule. 6 people interviewed me, inlcuding the hiring manger. Everybody asked technical questions. Interview were lss difficult than some of the other companies i Interviewed with.

Inflexible.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx in January 2008.

- started with a call from the hiring manager
    - had a first round of interview on technical and experience related questions
    - phone interview followed by on-site interview
    - interview lasted around 6 hours total and consisted of 1:1 interview with various group members
    - questions were mostly technical

Interview Questions
    • Which part of the threshold voltage roll-off curve do you want to target your process to and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied through college. Got interviewed by two managers within two weeks of application. When I first entered they asked me which of the two available places that I wanted. They mainly just went over my CV and looked at my technical history and skipped over my extra curricular activities which made me think that some of their employees may not be very sociable since they didnt seem to care about that aspect. I also got a very quick tour of the building which was quite nice.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to draw the testbench waveform of a D-flip flop and had to explain what would happen if my input changed marginally after a rising clock edge. Also asked for a few differences between Verliog and C programming.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

1 telephonic initial, 3 telephonic (data structures/algo , C/C++, Digital), 6 onsite interviews at Hyderabad, 1 HR over phone as the HR team was not there when they made me to fly down to Hyderabad. Offer letter took almost a month to come.

Same salary as current

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Xilinx.

Lots of interviews. Meet with direct manager, HR, peers, some interacting departments, some senior people on site, spread over 2 or 3 rounds. Interviews last 30-45mins. It could be difficult to figure out what some of the people were looking for, or why they were involved.

Interview Questions
    • Some people use internal acronyms during the interview ???   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Xilinx.

Written Test
    It conists of digital electronics questions and questions related to design of complicated digital circuits(ROM, MEMORY ELEMENTS, MUX). Paragraph about your personal behavior and qualities in your own words. A paragraph topic related to some complex issue that can tackle the problems which is given
    Technical Interview
    about your college experience and any previous work experience
    HR Interview
    General Personal Info

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx in December 2013.

Written Skills test, for selection. Test consists of 20 Aptitude questions and 20 questions on Digital System Design, Analog, Computer Architecture and VHDL/Verilog.
    Separate first round Interviews for Programming skills, digital/analog, hr and computer architecture.
    then panel interview for second and third rounds.In third round they stressed on long term commitment towards company.

Interview Questions
    • Plans of higher Education to even guys having CPI of 8   Answer Question
    • Separate interviews for programming skills, analog/digital, HR
       and computer architecture.