Xilinx Product Applications Engineer Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

This was a very long process, expect to spend several days and be prepared to answer tough questions....

Interview Questions

• Unexpected and difficult job related questions. do your home work on technical questions/answers before coming to the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair, you have to give and take somewhat

Other Interview Reviews for Xilinx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Standard Interview.
    First manager called, then I had a technical screening over the phone.
    Consisted of basic digital circuits.
    Know your truth tables, timing diagrams.
    Understand key concepts such as metastability.

When I went to the onsite, it was similar to phone interviews with more in depth.
    They emphasized the process was important, not the right answer.

Went out to lunch.

More questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a teammate   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an attractive offer that I did not have to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Xilinx (Longmont, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

They first had a hiring manager call and then I had a technical interview with a senior product applications engineer.

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xilinx (Bangalore (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

I got a call from the Manager in Xilinx. He was pretty clear in his expectations and wanted to ensure that I was fully bought into the job role before the interview process began. The interview consisted of 2 rounds. One was on HDL and the other on Problem solving. The former was pretty technical where the interviewer tested both my knowledge in the domain that I was from and the one that I was getting into. I didn't fare well in the latter. The second interview was on problem solving and it went pretty well. The interviewer assesed by familiarity with algorithms and posed questions to assess my problem solving skills. This rounds went on pretty well. Two days after the interview I was told that they expected me more breadth in the domain that I was getting into; and the interview process ended there.

Interview Questions

• Difference between tasks and function in sytem verilog. Which if them is reentrant?   1 Answer