Xilinx

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xilinx in November 2012.

Interview Details – This was a very long process, expect to spend several days and be prepared to answer tough questions....

Interview Question – Unexpected and difficult job related questions. do your home work on technical questions/answers before coming to the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair, you have to give and take somewhat

San Jose, CA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Xilinx in April 2011.

Interview Details – Standard Interview.
First manager called, then I had a technical screening over the phone.
Consisted of basic digital circuits.
Know your truth tables, timing diagrams.
Understand key concepts such as metastability.

When I went to the onsite, it was similar to phone interviews with more in depth.
They emphasized the process was important, not the right answer.

Went out to lunch.

More questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a teammate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an attractive offer that I did not have to negotiate.

Longmont, CO

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Xilinx in November 2010.

Interview Details – They first had a hiring manager call and then I had a technical interview with a senior product applications engineer.

Interview Questions

Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Xilinx in August 2011.

Interview Details – I got a call from the Manager in Xilinx. He was pretty clear in his expectations and wanted to ensure that I was fully bought into the job role before the interview process began. The interview consisted of 2 rounds. One was on HDL and the other on Problem solving. The former was pretty technical where the interviewer tested both my knowledge in the domain that I was from and the one that I was getting into. I didn't fare well in the latter. The second interview was on problem solving and it went pretty well. The interviewer assesed by familiarity with algorithms and posed questions to assess my problem solving skills. This rounds went on pretty well. Two days after the interview I was told that they expected me more breadth in the domain that I was getting into; and the interview process ended there.

Interview Question – Difference between tasks and function in sytem verilog. Which if them is reentrant?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Xilinx

Worked for Xilinx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xilinx Product Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Xilinx employees and interview candidates.