Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Xilinx
- Intern (11)
- Engineering (5)
- Design Engineer (5)
- Product Applications Engineer (4)
- Verification Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Engineer (3)
- Product Engineer (3)
- Customer Operations Account Manager (2)
- Applications Engineer (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Staff Software Engineer (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Senior Software Engineer II (1)
- Manufacturing (1)
- Hardware Engineer (1)
- Senior Engineer (1)
- Senior Design Engineer (1)
- Senior Field Applications Engineer (1)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Customer Account Manager (1)
- Layout Engineer (1)
- Engineering Manager (1)
- Validation Engineer (1)
- Verification Lead (1)
- Technical Support Engineer (1)
- Demand Planner (1)
- Treasury (1)
Product Applications Engineer Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.
This was a very long process, expect to spend several days and be prepared to answer tough questions....
- Unexpected and difficult job related questions. do your home work on technical questions/answers before coming to the interview Answer Question
Fair, you have to give and take somewhat
Other Interview Reviews for Xilinx
Product Applications Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.
First manager called, then I had a technical screening over the phone.
Consisted of basic digital circuits.
Know your truth tables, timing diagrams.
Understand key concepts such as metastability.
When I went to the onsite, it was similar to phone interviews with more in depth.
They emphasized the process was important, not the right answer.
Went out to lunch.
- Name a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a teammate 1 Answer
They made an attractive offer that I did not have to negotiate.
Product Applications Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 5 days – interviewed at Xilinx (Longmont, CO) in November 2010.
They first had a hiring manager call and then I had a technical interview with a senior product applications engineer.
Product Applications Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 days – interviewed at Xilinx (Bangalore (India)) in August 2011.
I got a call from the Manager in Xilinx. He was pretty clear in his expectations and wanted to ensure that I was fully bought into the job role before the interview process began. The interview consisted of 2 rounds. One was on HDL and the other on Problem solving. The former was pretty technical where the interviewer tested both my knowledge in the domain that I was from and the one that I was getting into. I didn't fare well in the latter. The second interview was on problem solving and it went pretty well. The interviewer assesed by familiarity with algorithms and posed questions to assess my problem solving skills. This rounds went on pretty well. Two days after the interview I was told that they expected me more breadth in the domain that I was getting into; and the interview process ended there.
- Difference between tasks and function in sytem verilog. Which if them is reentrant? 1 Answer