Xilinx Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Mar 4, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took 2 weeks for the process. had onsite interview. Pretty easy and quick response, when it comes to decision. HAd one phone interview before this. Great company to work.

Hardware Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It is a referral. There are two phone interviews, each for 30 minutes. Questions reach detailed in my resume, and gave me a hard time. It is a 6 month intern. It takes some time to process the official offer.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Xilinx (Campbell, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone Screen -> In Person (Half Day) interview with several different people (1 at a time). Some guys asked me to describe a module I had worked on. Some guys asked me about PCIE flow control, transaction ordering. This was an interview with the iP team designing the hard-core IP sections of the FPGAs. Specifically the PCIE group.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was how would you write a script to calculate the latency of a PCIE bus given a data base of several transactions, and their completions.

An easier one that was asked that was unexpected, given I am more HW is: Write a function to detect a one-hot encoded state variable. I sort of bombed it at the interview, but looked into the solution in detail after the interview.

1 Answer

A Business Role (Non-engineering) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume. The recruiter contacted me within a week. I had a short interview with the hiring manager. A few weeks lapsed and then I was contacted for 1st round interviews. That was followed up by one more round of interviews. (Total of 2)

Interview Questions

• Describe my background and the type of role that I was looking for.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy extended to me. I met individually with four people including the person who previously held this position and all were very personable and forthcoming. They followed-up promptly in regards to where we were in the process. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was a scenario example... what would you do if in a situation where the VP was speaking and the microphone stopped working   Answer Question

Customer Operations Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was with a recruiter via telephone conversation. I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. I was invited a week later for an on-site interview which consisted of a 10-minute interview including question and answer. After the presentation, I met with the managers and potential peers for half hour one on one 30 minute interviews. I was then invited to a second round of interview to meet with another manager and director of the department. The third interview was with the VP who was almost 20 minutes late, and was texting/emailing during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how a cell phone works?
      Do you know how to write SQL?
      Do you know what a swing line chart?
      How did you handle difficult people at work?

Answer Question

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

This was a very long process, expect to spend several days and be prepared to answer tough questions....

Interview Questions

• Unexpected and difficult job related questions. do your home work on technical questions/answers before coming to the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair, you have to give and take somewhat

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Basic graph and data structure questions. Some programming tests. The difficulty was at most medium. I think I had five rounds. Prepare questions like tell me your most interesting projects etc.

Interview Questions

• describe the shortest path of a graph with negative weights   1 Answer

Proposed salary was not competitive.

Staff Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

very nice culture

Interview Questions

• how many jellybeans will fit in 747   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Got a call from the HR . The interview was scheduled a week after. It was a 30 minute phone interview. The position was for a software developer for creating a search engine. I was asked basic questions regarding search engine development. I was also asked about my past work experience as well as academic projects.

Interview Questions

• Basic considerations when designing a search engine   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially offered a little less than the average market pay for an intern. After further negotiation, got a revised offer