Xilinx

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Xilinx in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with PCIe team. Female engineer from Colorado asked me a reasonable nested loop question then proceeded to interrupt me at least 8 times. After the 5th interruption I gave up solving the problem and did my best not to make a scene. She continued to interrupt me then asked very condescending questions in a very sarcastic tone. I have never met, seen, or heard of a more disrespectful interviewer during my time as a professional engineer. I later met an engineer from Xilinx (Malaysia) who worked with this woman and confirmed my assessment of her. In my opinion there was an additional engineer who was insulting. He asked me very simple questions then finished with a trick question that I didn't realize until the interview was over. I'm certain that I have designed more async interfaces than the entire team combined but I'm sure he told everyone that I missed the trick async question since he insisted on taking a picture of my solution. They were typical arrogant engineers. I couldn't be more please to not be working for this team. Lastly, the position was for a SystemVerilog OVM verification engineer working on PCIe gen 3. NOT one single question on systemverilog, OVM, or PCIe. Not one.

Interview Questions

• how do you help someone who put a battery in a device backwards....yes, this was a real question   Answer Question
  • do a sub string seach of a string using nested loops   Answer Question

Verification Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview Details – It is very exhausting. 9 interviews . but the interviews were fair.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much to negotiate

Interviewed at Xilinx

Interview Details – Many script related questions (such as perl, unix, etc). Need some basic understanding of fpga/logic design

Interview Question – some brain teasers   Answer Question

Worked for Xilinx? Contribute to the Community!