Xirrus

Candidate Interview Review

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Xirrus in May 2011.

Several phone interviews which led up to a face to face interview with the SE manager and the Regional Sales Manager. I was vetted on my abilities as a pre-sales systems engineer and my knowledge of the industry, market, and specific verticals. I was asked about my background in wireless and my knowledge of the networking but there were no specific questions that were difficult.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt any unexpected question that I found difficult or that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Took a position at another company that I perceived had more resources and in my opinion a product line that I felt that I was more passionate about. In retrospect I think I should have worked a little harder to use the fact that I had two written offers to negotiate my salary at my present organization a little higher. I think Zirrus is a good company but at the time I just thought they were a bit of a niche player and I would have a harder time hitting my number.