Xoom Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Xoom in December 2011.

The process flowed well. I met with the Controller and other employees regarding their work responsibilities and every day work schedule. Each individual asked questions about work experience and hypothetical situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Xoom.

The interview process consisted of interviewing with the hiring manager, and two more of his peers that he trusted. No tricky questions, just a normal conversation trying to get to know you better and how your skills transfer to the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate. I submitted a counter-offer with sustaining reasons for the increase in salary. It was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xoom in October 2012.

Only phone and personal interviews. First I have a phone interview from the person that was going to be my manager. Then I spoke with they HR team. After a couple of days, I was invited for onsite interviews with different managers. Most of them where very friendly but no so well prepared on asking questions and doing an interview.

Interview Questions
    They send me a job offer, there was no negotiation

Senior Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xoom in January 2014.

This was the first time I worked with a 3rd party recruiter that actually was a help. Padraig at CV Partners is awesome. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager then came in for 6 inperson interviews with members of different areas of IT. All were really pleasant and while it was a long 3 hour process it gave me a good feel for the company.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about database security which was out of my scope of experience. No specific questions other than what would I do to improve DB security. Wasn't really a screening question other than to see how I think.   Answer Question
    I was able to tell Padraig what amount was a lock.

Project Manager Interview

The interviewing manager was quite friendly, but extremely unprepared when she called me for my first and only interview. After exchanging greetings, she apologized for being late to make the call and then asked me to wait while she reviewed my resume! She said she needed to recall what questions she had planned to ask.

Interview Questions
    • Once organized, she proceeded to ask very specific questions about a project I had worked on almost ten years prior.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Xoom.

It was good.. Asked some basic QA questions. Directly jumped into code.

Interview Questions
    • Asking to write some program..
      Having 50000 integers and write a program to get #### by adding 1-50000 integers.. and the loop should stop after getting the value(####) we want.
        View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Xoom in February 2011.

They called on my cellphone for initial technical phone screen. The interviewer was very much impressed,and invited me onsite. I am supposed to me meeting with 5 people. But only 3 guys turned up that day and asked me to come on another day to meet the vice president engineering. It turned out the other day i ended up talking to the same person who interviewed me on phone, then first day and last day he wanted me to do some coding sitting next to him as a peer to peer review. Over all interview process was pretty good. It can be little more organized as the interviewer trying to frame questions in the interview like unprepared etc.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted somebody who worked extensively on Bits and Byte operations in Java.   Answer Question

Front-End Developer (Contract) Interview

Someone in my network put me in touch with a development manager there who called me directly. He was very polite, and asked a few technical questions about my experience and depth of knowledge in the technology stack they were needing help with. He said that they had already found someone for the position, but he was interested in hearing what I had to offer.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Xoom in December 2012.

It was a phone interview. As expected on time one of the engineers gave me call and started discussion. After usual questions like tell me about yourself and background they gave me a program of perfect number and asked for find bugs, improve code and java styles and code.

Then folioing questions were asked

OOPS principal - which principal you used to improve your design
    What is static keyword and where do you use.
    How to implement multiple inheritance without using Interface in Java
    Question builder pattern
    Other normal questions like how long you have been working in Java, Spring etc.

Interview Questions
    • How to implement multiple inheritance without using Interface in Java.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xoom.

A total of 4 people interviewing one by one. Really basic questions and mostly job skill related. Only a couple questions about company history. Basic interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would your supervisor describe you as? Strong points? Weak points?   Answer Question

Worked for Xoom? Contribute to the Community!