Xtreme Consulting

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.8

Senior Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xtreme Consulting.

Collaborative group interview, though I don't think that this is the norm. They were in a fire drill to replace another program manager that had walked off the job without notice.

Two rounds of back and forth about my salary requirements. They protested that I was asking for too much, but I stuck to my guns. I did get what I wanted, but I also went into the interview with a sense for what the vendor consulting rate ranges were.

Tier III Exchange Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Xtreme Consulting.

The interview processes are different for everyone. If you interview with Microsoft FTE's they aren't as in depth as Xtreme. Xtreme asks a lot of Active Directory questions, FSMO related that are not related to the job.

Interview Questions
    • FSMO related questions that are not related to the position. They also asked site failover questions and how to do it.   Answer Question
    Xtreme will not negotiate. They give a fixed salary and you go with it or aren't hired.

Systems Administrator/Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Xtreme Consulting in May 2013.

I saw my position listed on Monster.com and applied. I anticipated a quick contact, but things move a bit slower in Boise than in Redmond. After a couple of weeks I was contacted by email and phone. I did two phone interviews and was made an offer. I negotiated and they extended me a better offer which I accepted. I was surprised that they didn't require an in-person interview, but it indicated that I performed well during my phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall being asked any difficult or unexpected questions. Having done many interviews I answered as honestly and correctly as possible, even if I didn't have answers at the time. I indicated that I am very resourceful and tenacious, and find solutions to problems presented.   Answer Question
    I was offered a very short term contract, but indicated that all of my previous contracts were from 6 months to a year, with many being open ended. The 2nd offer I received was for 6 months with the option to convert to full time.

Tier III Exchange Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xtreme Consulting in August 2011.

I applied online for the position and received a call back from their HR person. They scheduled me for an interview and I wasn't nervous until I walked in the room and realized it was a panel interview...where four people sit across the table and ask you questions.

Interview Questions
    • ALL the questions were technical related, but I remember during the interview I had to get up and draw a diagram of the way email works in Exchange 2010. I also was given five minutes to write down how email works to five year old.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate because I did not do well in the interview. It was either "take this salary or you don't get this job".

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Xtreme Consulting in May 2010.

Face to face interview with Xtreme, in person interview with client.

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Xtreme Consulting in February 2010.

From initial conversation to in person interview, everything went fast and smooth. Very professional recruiter, very professional environment. I was provided lots of information (more than I have recieved before with other companies) and felt like I was joining a great team. When I came in to sign up paperwork, I was pleasently suprised and honored that the CEO came in to meet me and talk to me about the company. That was really cool.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what was the most technologically intriguing thing I owned and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed as I stated what I wanted and I recieved it. The great part was the overall benefits package was better than I needed/expected.