Xtreme Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting.

Interview

Collaborative group interview, though I don't think that this is the norm. They were in a fire drill to replace another program manager that had walked off the job without notice.

Negotiation

Two rounds of back and forth about my salary requirements. They protested that I was asking for too much, but I stuck to my guns. I did get what I wanted, but I also went into the interview with a sense for what the vendor consulting rate ranges were.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting.

Interview

The interview processes are different for everyone. If you interview with Microsoft FTE's they aren't as in depth as Xtreme. Xtreme asks a lot of Active Directory questions, FSMO related that are not related to the job.

Interview Questions

• FSMO related questions that are not related to the position. They also asked site failover questions and how to do it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Xtreme will not negotiate. They give a fixed salary and you go with it or aren't hired.

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting in October 2013.

Interview

Was one interview with the hiring manager, whom was also a vendor and a secondary Microsoft employee. After the interviews did a brief job shadow to see the position. After that was told the if hired I would get a couple back fairly soon. From interview to hire two 2+ weeks plus at least another week to get security role and everything verified so I could have access to the building.

Interview Questions

• Asked what would you do if your keyboard broke and your working the late shift.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Boise, ID) in May 2013.

Interview

I saw my position listed on Monster.com and applied. I anticipated a quick contact, but things move a bit slower in Boise than in Redmond. After a couple of weeks I was contacted by email and phone. I did two phone interviews and was made an offer. I negotiated and they extended me a better offer which I accepted. I was surprised that they didn't require an in-person interview, but it indicated that I performed well during my phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall being asked any difficult or unexpected questions. Having done many interviews I answered as honestly and correctly as possible, even if I didn't have answers at the time. I indicated that I am very resourceful and tenacious, and find solutions to problems presented.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a very short term contract, but indicated that all of my previous contracts were from 6 months to a year, with many being open ended. The 2nd offer I received was for 6 months with the option to convert to full time.

Tier III Exchange Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Charlotte, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the position and received a call back from their HR person. They scheduled me for an interview and I wasn't nervous until I walked in the room and realized it was a panel interview...where four people sit across the table and ask you questions.

Interview Questions

• ALL the questions were technical related, but I remember during the interview I had to get up and draw a diagram of the way email works in Exchange 2010. I also was given five minutes to write down how email works to five year old.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because I did not do well in the interview. It was either "take this salary or you don't get this job".

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Redmond, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Face to face interview with Xtreme, in person interview with client.

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xtreme Consulting (Redmond, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

From initial conversation to in person interview, everything went fast and smooth. Very professional recruiter, very professional environment. I was provided lots of information (more than I have recieved before with other companies) and felt like I was joining a great team. When I came in to sign up paperwork, I was pleasently suprised and honored that the CEO came in to meet me and talk to me about the company. That was really cool.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what was the most technologically intriguing thing I owned and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed as I stated what I wanted and I recieved it. The great part was the overall benefits package was better than I needed/expected.