Xylem

www.xyleminc.com

Xylem Interview Questions

2.7

MBA Intern Interview

They had reached out to me through my graduate program. Very cordial and pleasant interview process. Told me about seven projects they had and asked me which ones, in what order, was I interested in. They looked for detailed responses as to "why". Second half hour was talking about the company and answering any questions I had.

Operations Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Xylem in January 2014.

2 interviews in total. There are 3 interviewers in my scheduled interview, which is far beyond my expectation. So questions are professional. Not too many behavioral questions asked. Questions are basically tie to my resume. Some questions are very specific, so make sure you know everything you put on your resume. Interviewers are nice.

Interview Questions
    • no. As long as, you are well prepared with your resume, you will nail it.   Answer Question

R&D Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seneca Falls, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seneca Falls, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xylem in April 2013.

Applied though my college's job site and was email by an HR employee. I scheduled an onsite interview where I met with her and then interviewed with a few people in the HR department. I also received a tour of their facilities and got a overview of what I would be doing.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xylem.

Interview process began with a phone interview with the Value Stream manager. Next step was an in-person interview with the Branch Manager, HR Director, Value Stream Manager, and a current Application Engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Could you give an example of an idea you had that was positive and presented to upper management?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xylem in February 2012.

Behavioral interview, not that difficult interview at all. Nothing too outside of ordinary. However, they do not follow up on your emails at all. Gave them a call few months later to the human resources, but the phone line was disconnected. And them emailed the representatives numerous times and again no response

Machine Shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Xylem in February 2010.

Work as a temp and hope you get hired. Sometimes it may take a few months even a year or two to get a full time position. They don't hire a lot of temps so they have a high turnover.

Ask for more

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xylem in March 2011.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview. the interviewing panel consisted of 7 interviwers from different parts of the company. it was a very confusing process with 8 people on the phone. the interviewers were a little bit rude. overall the main drawback of the process was that it was chaotic and did not give the interviewee to present himself properly. the questions were fairly routine.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Xylem in November 2009.

Straightforward process. Phone interviewed followed by in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • No curve balls. Straightforward questions to dig into experience and perspective.   View Answer