Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Xyratex
- Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Senior Integration Engineer (1)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (1)
- Failure Analysis (1)
- Production (1)
- Operations Project Manager (1)
- Electronic Engineer (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Not Sure (1)
- Corperate (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xyratex (Havant, England (UK)).
Single interview and they show you round the place, including the star bucks cafe they have. At which point the manager offers you a drink and is given an EMPTY cup with a lid on. He then carries it back to the interview and sits it on the desk occasionally tapping the cup. Very strange!
- Some techinical question i was told i had answered incorrectly. As i was confident i had the correct answer i asked what the answer was. The interviewer told me that HE DIDNT KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!. Why would any sane person ask such a question???? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xyratex (Havant, England (UK)) in January 2011.
Everything is stated clearly in the contract and has withnesses at all times. Each of the statements in the contract are explained in details to avoid any misunderstanding between two parties. All the perks are also well defined in the contract and has everything meets the satisfaction.
- Why do you think you suit for this company? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xyratex (Havant, England (UK)) in April 2010.
I was taken from the reception by a group lead (one of the interviewers) and shown around with explanations what the job is about. Then we went to the head of the department office and I we went through my CV explaining what I have done in the past. After this I was asked technical question for different functionality in C and C++ e.g. what is the scope static variable, what is (pure) virtual function. I was also asked to do a mini quiz which was based around virtual functions stuff.
- Explain pure virtual function. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xyratex (Havant, England (UK)) in May 2008.
Simple questions and answers for an inernal role, slight bullish approach made for a tense atmosphere.
- How are you going to transition to a manager from a team player? 1 Answer
Poor, value not recognisied
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review