Xyratex

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electronic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xyratex.

Single interview and they show you round the place, including the star bucks cafe they have. At which point the manager offers you a drink and is given an EMPTY cup with a lid on. He then carries it back to the interview and sits it on the desk occasionally tapping the cup. Very strange!

Interview Questions
    • Some techinical question i was told i had answered incorrectly. As i was confident i had the correct answer i asked what the answer was. The interviewer told me that HE DIDNT KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!. Why would any sane person ask such a question????   Answer Question

Not Sure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xyratex in January 2011.

Everything is stated clearly in the contract and has withnesses at all times.
    Each of the statements in the contract are explained in details to avoid any misunderstanding between two parties.
    All the perks are also well defined in the contract and has everything meets the satisfaction.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Xyratex in April 2010.

I was taken from the reception by a group lead (one of the interviewers) and shown around with explanations what the job is about. Then we went to the head of the department office and I we went through my CV explaining what I have done in the past.
    After this I was asked technical question for different functionality in C and C++ e.g. what is the scope static variable, what is (pure) virtual function. I was also asked to do a mini quiz which was based around virtual functions stuff.

Corperate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Xyratex in May 2008.

Simple questions and answers for an inernal role, slight bullish approach made for a tense atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to transition to a manager from a team player?   View Answer
    Poor, value not recognisied