Xyratex

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electronic Engineer Interview

Electronic Engineer
Havant, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Xyratex.

Interview Details – Single interview and they show you round the place, including the star bucks cafe they have. At which point the manager offers you a drink and is given an EMPTY cup with a lid on. He then carries it back to the interview and sits it on the desk occasionally tapping the cup. Very strange!

Interview Question – Some techinical question i was told i had answered incorrectly. As i was confident i had the correct answer i asked what the answer was. The interviewer told me that HE DIDNT KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!. Why would any sane person ask such a question????   Answer Question

Not Sure Interview

Not Sure
Havant, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Xyratex in January 2011.

Interview Details – Everything is stated clearly in the contract and has withnesses at all times.
Each of the statements in the contract are explained in details to avoid any misunderstanding between two parties.
All the perks are also well defined in the contract and has everything meets the satisfaction.

Interview Question – Why do you think you suit for this company?   Answer Question

Corperate Interview

Corperate
Havant, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Xyratex in May 2008.

Interview Details – Simple questions and answers for an inernal role, slight bullish approach made for a tense atmosphere.

Interview Question – How are you going to transition to a manager from a team player?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Poor, value not recognisied

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Havant, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Xyratex in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was taken from the reception by a group lead (one of the interviewers) and shown around with explanations what the job is about. Then we went to the head of the department office and I we went through my CV explaining what I have done in the past.
After this I was asked technical question for different functionality in C and C++ e.g. what is the scope static variable, what is (pure) virtual function. I was also asked to do a mini quiz which was based around virtual functions stuff.

Interview Question – Explain pure virtual function.   Answer Question

Worked for Xyratex? Contribute to the Community!