Xyratex Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xyratex in August 2012.

Apply through company website. Interview by HR then one on one with hiring manager and then with two engineers

Interview Questions
    • All questions related to FC & SCSI protocols   View Answer

Get other offer

Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Xyratex in September 2011.

Simply put, the worst interview I have ever had. The first round was done by the people that performed the job already, this was not so bad. Nice enough people. However the next set of interviews was done by the Operations Manager and the line of questions was completely bizarre and had nothing to do with the job function I was interviewing for. Example: "if you could go back in time and meet anyone who would it be?" My answer: Martin Luther King. His answer: And I am not kidding... Adolf Hitler... Then the supposed senior managers interviewed me ( both from England) and asked the most inane and worthless questions I have ever been asked in an interview, all the while one of them was out the window pretending to be listening to me. An absolute joke and a waste of my time and most of all, just plane odd.

Interview Questions
    • If you could go back in time and meet anyone would would it be?   View Answers (2)
    • Have you even been to Stratford upon Avon?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xyratex in October 2010.

Had 2 phone interviews one month apart and eventually the position was pulled back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xyratex in May 2010.

Went through multiple phone interviews. Phone interviews were detailed, and went very well. Was invited back for face-to-face interviews. One interview went well. The interviewer was professional. The other interviewer seemed distracted - preoccupied with something unrelated to the interview. He acted very interested in me (when he was focused on our discussion), and promised a second round interview within a couple of days.

Then he completely blew me off. The company went silent.

Even though companies have the upper hand in this very tough market, there is no reason for rudeness.

Failure Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xyratex in January 2010.

They ask the basic question of electronic such as What AC, DC?
    What is a resistor?
    transistor, know the basic of electronic.
    They ask me to draw and boolen the AND, OR, NOR gates.
    What firmware, ROM,RAM, ASCI
    What operating system are you familiar with?
     They ask you question base off on your Resumes,
    for ex: What the hardest project you ever done that have difficulties. And what was the solution and result

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Xyratex in June 2009.

outside agency called and arranged interviews by phone and in person.

the place looked disorganized. a fixer-upper in so many ways.

Interview Questions
    • they asked about prior experience. the usual interview stuff.   Answer Question

Electronic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Xyratex.

Single interview and they show you round the place, including the star bucks cafe they have. At which point the manager offers you a drink and is given an EMPTY cup with a lid on. He then carries it back to the interview and sits it on the desk occasionally tapping the cup. Very strange!

Interview Questions
    • Some techinical question i was told i had answered incorrectly. As i was confident i had the correct answer i asked what the answer was. The interviewer told me that HE DIDNT KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!. Why would any sane person ask such a question????   Answer Question

Senior Integration Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Xyratex.

Smooth, very blending with my needs (I had to stay with my previous company for few extra weeks). HR staff was very helpful answering my questions and providing details I was asking about. The interview was broken into two parts, one was over Skype (most of the team is remote) and then few on-site interviews. The entire duration of the process could have been significantly shorter

Interview Questions
    • none. interview was a conversation, not "We'll slam you with the questions" kinda thing.   Answer Question
    pretty smooth process. I got what I wanted

Not Sure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Xyratex in January 2011.

Everything is stated clearly in the contract and has withnesses at all times.
    Each of the statements in the contract are explained in details to avoid any misunderstanding between two parties.
    All the perks are also well defined in the contract and has everything meets the satisfaction.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Xyratex in October 2010.

The company is thorough in their hiring process. They obviously want to hire the right person for the right job. Taking a PI survey was a part of the process. There were a couple phone interviews first, then followed by face to face interviews. The team was very open about the work environment. It is expected that people work hard. I was impressed by the team members with whom I interviewed. Hard working individuals that were friendly and honest.