Xyratex Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xyratex in August 2012.

Apply through company website. Interview by HR then one on one with hiring manager and then with two engineers

Interview Questions
    • All questions related to FC & SCSI protocols   View Answer

Get other offer

Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Xyratex in September 2011.

Simply put, the worst interview I have ever had. The first round was done by the people that performed the job already, this was not so bad. Nice enough people. However the next set of interviews was done by the Operations Manager and the line of questions was completely bizarre and had nothing to do with the job function I was interviewing for. Example: "if you could go back in time and meet anyone who would it be?" My answer: Martin Luther King. His answer: And I am not kidding... Adolf Hitler... Then the supposed senior managers interviewed me ( both from England) and asked the most inane and worthless questions I have ever been asked in an interview, all the while one of them was out the window pretending to be listening to me. An absolute joke and a waste of my time and most of all, just plane odd.

Interview Questions
    • If you could go back in time and meet anyone would would it be?   View Answers (2)
    • Have you even been to Stratford upon Avon?   View Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xyratex in June 2009.

outside agency called and arranged interviews by phone and in person.

the place looked disorganized. a fixer-upper in so many ways.

Interview Questions
    • they asked about prior experience. the usual interview stuff.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Xyratex in October 2010.

Had 2 phone interviews one month apart and eventually the position was pulled back.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Xyratex in May 2010.

Went through multiple phone interviews. Phone interviews were detailed, and went very well. Was invited back for face-to-face interviews. One interview went well. The interviewer was professional. The other interviewer seemed distracted - preoccupied with something unrelated to the interview. He acted very interested in me (when he was focused on our discussion), and promised a second round interview within a couple of days.

Then he completely blew me off. The company went silent.

Even though companies have the upper hand in this very tough market, there is no reason for rudeness.

Failure Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Xyratex in January 2010.

They ask the basic question of electronic such as What AC, DC?
    What is a resistor?
    transistor, know the basic of electronic.
    They ask me to draw and boolen the AND, OR, NOR gates.
    What firmware, ROM,RAM, ASCI
    What operating system are you familiar with?
     They ask you question base off on your Resumes,
    for ex: What the hardest project you ever done that have difficulties. And what was the solution and result

Electronic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Havant, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Havant, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Xyratex.

Single interview and they show you round the place, including the star bucks cafe they have. At which point the manager offers you a drink and is given an EMPTY cup with a lid on. He then carries it back to the interview and sits it on the desk occasionally tapping the cup. Very strange!

Interview Questions
    • Some techinical question i was told i had answered incorrectly. As i was confident i had the correct answer i asked what the answer was. The interviewer told me that HE DIDNT KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!. Why would any sane person ask such a question????   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seremban (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seremban (Malaysia)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Xyratex in August 2010.

One of my ex colleague recommend me to join this company. I have the first 1 on 1 short interview in a hotel near my previous workspace, where I got the initial briefing about what the company and what is the job requirement. Then it follow with the second interview in conducted inside the company where i got the chance to get familiar the company environment, to know how their products works, and basically address whatever questions and concerns i have.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions was asked during my interview. Basically the interview is to check what is my background and what i did in my previous company and then whether i'm okay to travel as traveling is required and pretty frequent at times.   Answer Question

Senior Integration Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Xyratex.

Smooth, very blending with my needs (I had to stay with my previous company for few extra weeks). HR staff was very helpful answering my questions and providing details I was asking about. The interview was broken into two parts, one was over Skype (most of the team is remote) and then few on-site interviews. The entire duration of the process could have been significantly shorter

Interview Questions
    • none. interview was a conversation, not "We'll slam you with the questions" kinda thing.   Answer Question
    pretty smooth process. I got what I wanted

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Xyratex in December 2009.

Initially there was a phone interview with a hiring manager, quickly followed by the invitation for an on-site interview. The interview was well organized and professional. I talked to several engineers one-on-one. Afterwards there was a panel interview which was fairly intense. I was asked questions about prior experience, system design decisions that I made in the past with diagrams being drawn on the white board. Overall, there were few technical software questions, the interviewers focused mostly on trying to understand what I have done in the past and how it related to their objectives.
    The company was extremely quick in getting the information from my references and making a decision (it took just 2 or 3 days).
    Overall, I had a very positive experience: efficient, quick, direct and fair.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer at that time.

Worked for Xyratex? Contribute to the Community!