YAI National Institute Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.1

Direct Service Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YAI National Institute.

I sent in my resume to the YAI website and was contacted with a date and time for an interview a day later. The group interview was originally about 12 people but they separated us into a smaller group. My group had 4 people being interviewed and 3 interviewers. After the group interview, I was called out of the room and told I got the job. I know this is not typical and people usually sit through an extra round of interviews but my case was special because the interviewer said I stood out.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what we would do if someone refused to take medication. They also asked what we knew about the company- how many people the company serves, what states the company is located in.   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at YAI National Institute.

The process included a three step interviews, 1. Group Interview 2. HR 3. Individual interview with program supervisors ( writing sample and role playing. ) Hiring took some time for background check/ results (finger printing) to come back.

Interview Questions
    Pay was low but and advancement in career goals years ago ( as a new graduate).

Respite/Afterschool Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YAI National Institute.

I had my interview in a classroom my interviewer asked me very wise question that actually made me think hard about the answer. I was asked about how comfortable I was with people with disabilities.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable I was with possible having to wash someone?   View Answer

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at YAI National Institute in November 2010.

The process was forthright and straight to the point. I meet with an HR rep followed by the department manager. I was then called in for a final interview with the CIO.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the questions difficult or unexpected as I had quite a bit of experience with the job duties.   Answer Question
    A great offer was made so there was not a need for further negotiations.

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at YAI National Institute in March 2013.

the interview was group at first and then one on one. it had some tricky questions

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if someone didn't take their medication?   View Answer

Weekend Counselor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Group Interview. Took about 2 hours.
    One on One interview took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What I someone refuses to take medicine?   View Answer

Residential Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YAI National Institute in June 2013.

Group interview then one on one short interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if the resident refuse to take medication?   Answer Question

Direct Service Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Group Interview

Very detailed

Direct Service Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at YAI National Institute in February 2009.

D )The interview process was long. Most people including myself speak or meet with three to four people before they notify you of the job offer. The first interview I went on was a group interview where we went around the table and kind of had more like an open forum to answer questions about ourselves and what we would do in different scenarios. Once this is done I remember filling out a questionnaire and then speaking with the woman who was interviewing us one on one. She said the next step would be to meet the supervisor for the team I'd be working for (Day Hab). This interview was one on one and more formal. He asked about my previous skills and experience working with MR clients, my schooling, previous work history etc. A difficult situation I've encountered at work and hew I've handled it. Also where I saw myself in 5 years, which I hate. Then after him I met with the Director of the Day Hab Program and again it was formal and he asked what if questions and how would I handle certain situations involving MR clients....abuse, neglect, fraud, etc.

Interview Questions
    • It was a HIPPA question regarding Developmentally Disabled adults however I don't remember the specifics.   Answer Question
    None really. All new employees got the same pay around 27K

Community Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bayside, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayside, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YAI National Institute in June 2012.

Nice-people but flakey, drawn-out and inconsiderate hiring process.
    Group interview- was ok but really a waste of time as hiring is site specific, and your there to be weeded out with trick questions.
    1st interview was great the AD was very nice.STAR questions, DD respect questions
    Tour - was ok, but i found that CTS w/ me was basically treating the DD Adults like dumb children. So i didn't get the whole "respect for the DD/MR" mantra YAI has when there is no reality to it
    IDK IF THEYRE BURNT OUT, but most the CTSs there didnt seem to have compassion for the DD population at all.but felt seem like babysitters rather trainers
    2nd was ok-more trick questions, more STAR questions . tour get evaluated
    3rd- HIPPA trick questions, background questions, director came off as cold and unapproachable. felt uneasy the entire interview. felt like i was crossed-out before i spoke and she just interviewed me as a formality.

Interview Questions
    • They basically want to know that you considered the DD persons human being with rights.   Answer Question

Worked for YAI National Institute? Contribute to the Community!