YAI National Institute Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

group interview..took about 45 mins in total and then very brief one to one. Asked basic questions like what would you do in this situation and how would you react to the patient if they are being difficult.

Interview Questions

• how would you react to the patient if they are being difficult?   Answer Question

Community Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

A very relaxed group interview where you were to tell the group a bit about yourself. Following a series of questions (mostly about how you would react in certain scenarios), you would then be taken in for a one on one interview where you discuss the position, the benefits, the salary, etc. Then you are told to await a call for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you incorporate technology into the lives of people with ID/DD to help make their lives better?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

First I met with HR person and the head of the department. Interview went well, I like them and it seemed they liked me as well. Few days after the interview I received a call from HR, he told me that they really liked me but they wanted someone with more experience. I was then contacted by a different department. That interview went well, but I showed not a lot of interest in that job. I had to shadow somebody for a day. At the end they told me I has the experience they were looking for but they also said I was too young for the position.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if a parent tell you "how come you are giving me advice on how to treat my child if you dont even have a child"?   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Initially, there was 18 people and we had to fill out 2 papers. Afterwards, we were broken up into groups. Within that group there was two interviewers and they ask questions surrounding what would you do if... After that, there was a very short interview where I had to fill out three papers and was told I would receive a call for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What if the resident ask you for money what would you say and do.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

Not so bad.easy question. Typical scenerio about how you would respond to consumers not doing what they are suppose to do. It's a group interview then you get called one on one. Low salery though

Interview Questions

• What do you do if consumer doesn't take there meds?   1 Answer

Weekend Direct Professional Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

The hiring process is fairly average. The first interview is a group interview, most of the questions are easy. I recommend the interviewee to do some research on the organization.

Interview Questions

• There was a few "curveball" questions such as, Why shouldn't I hire you? And most scenarios questions were a bit challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non- Negiotable.

Sub TA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

Group interview in a large conference type room. It was laid back and conversational, very low pressure. However, the important thing to remember is that you're still in an interview and need to stand out among the rest. Be sure to be thoughtful while answering questions. After the group interview there was a one-on-one where there were some more simple questions about preferred location and some other logistics. Got referred to a pre-school where I worked for a year. All in all a very good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing confusing or misleading. Most questions were posed to the group with an opportunity to volunteer answers. Some questions were directed individually for varying view points. If you have a passion/interest in working with children with special needs then the questions shouldn't be difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Direct Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

I sent in my resume to the YAI website and was contacted with a date and time for an interview a day later. The group interview was originally about 12 people but they separated us into a smaller group. My group had 4 people being interviewed and 3 interviewers. After the group interview, I was called out of the room and told I got the job. I know this is not typical and people usually sit through an extra round of interviews but my case was special because the interviewer said I stood out.

Interview Questions

• They asked what we would do if someone refused to take medication. They also asked what we knew about the company- how many people the company serves, what states the company is located in.   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

The process included a three step interviews, 1. Group Interview 2. HR 3. Individual interview with program supervisors ( writing sample and role playing. ) Hiring took some time for background check/ results (finger printing) to come back.

Interview Questions

• no question was unexpected   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was low but and advancement in career goals years ago ( as a new graduate).

Respite/Afterschool Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

I had my interview in a classroom my interviewer asked me very wise question that actually made me think hard about the answer. I was asked about how comfortable I was with people with disabilities.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I was with possible having to wash someone?   1 Answer