YAI National Institute

YAI National Institute Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Not so bad.easy question. Typical scenerio about how you would respond to consumers not doing what they are suppose to do. It's a group interview then you get called one on one. Low salery though

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if consumer doesn't take there meds?   View Answer

Weekend Direct Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

The hiring process is fairly average. The first interview is a group interview, most of the questions are easy. I recommend the interviewee to do some research on the organization.

Interview Questions
    • There was a few "curveball" questions such as, Why shouldn't I hire you? And most scenarios questions were a bit challenging.   Answer Question
    Non- Negiotable.

Sub TA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Group interview in a large conference type room. It was laid back and conversational, very low pressure. However, the important thing to remember is that you're still in an interview and need to stand out among the rest. Be sure to be thoughtful while answering questions. After the group interview there was a one-on-one where there were some more simple questions about preferred location and some other logistics. Got referred to a pre-school where I worked for a year. All in all a very good interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing confusing or misleading. Most questions were posed to the group with an opportunity to volunteer answers. Some questions were directed individually for varying view points. If you have a passion/interest in working with children with special needs then the questions shouldn't be difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Direct Service Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YAI National Institute.

I sent in my resume to the YAI website and was contacted with a date and time for an interview a day later. The group interview was originally about 12 people but they separated us into a smaller group. My group had 4 people being interviewed and 3 interviewers. After the group interview, I was called out of the room and told I got the job. I know this is not typical and people usually sit through an extra round of interviews but my case was special because the interviewer said I stood out.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what we would do if someone refused to take medication. They also asked what we knew about the company- how many people the company serves, what states the company is located in.   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YAI National Institute.

The process included a three step interviews, 1. Group Interview 2. HR 3. Individual interview with program supervisors ( writing sample and role playing. ) Hiring took some time for background check/ results (finger printing) to come back.

Interview Questions
    Pay was low but and advancement in career goals years ago ( as a new graduate).

Respite/Afterschool Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YAI National Institute.

I had my interview in a classroom my interviewer asked me very wise question that actually made me think hard about the answer. I was asked about how comfortable I was with people with disabilities.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable I was with possible having to wash someone?   View Answer

Weekend Counselor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Group Interview. Took about 2 hours.
    One on One interview took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What I someone refuses to take medicine?   View Answer

Residential Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YAI National Institute in June 2013.

Group interview then one on one short interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if the resident refuse to take medication?   Answer Question

Direct Service Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YAI National Institute.

Group Interview

Very detailed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at YAI National Institute in March 2013.

the interview was group at first and then one on one. it had some tricky questions

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if someone didn't take their medication?   View Answer