YAI National Institute Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

AM Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at YAI National Institute (Queens Village, NY).

Interview

The interview was first a group interview with about 11 people including myself. I was very new to me never experience an group interview before. They asked us a lot of questions and did a lot of icebreakers. Also we did some role play and act out daily things we would do if hired. Afterwards we had our one on one interviews that was very intense as well, more personal questions were asked and more role play.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with people who have disability before?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

Apply online but better to have a word of mouth referral from an existing employee. Depending on position, either one on one interviews with HR then with members of department hiring for the position or group interview conducted by HR. Comprehensive background check process.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience? Responses to hypothetical scenarios you may encounter on the job. Strengths and limitations.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY).

Interview

I first met with the HR specialist who screens RN candidates first before meeting with the director of nursing and nurse manager. The HR person asked several situational questions and was very informative on the company's details. I made it pass the HR round and interviewed with the DON and nurse manager in a 2:1 interview format. The DON was very pleasant and welcoming. They reviewed my resume/experience/certifications etc. and asked me specific questions about my work experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you suspect coworkers gossiping about you?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your supervisor does something unethical? How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Can you speak spanish or another language?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about working as a nurse in an outpatient setting?   Answer Question
    • What are some the current quality improvement initiatives in healthcare?   Answer Question

DSP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayside, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute (Bayside, NY).

Interview

Group interview follow by a phone call to meet the resident supervisor for the application process. After that, there are numerous screening such as background check and then three weeks training.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client refuses his or her medication?   1 Answer

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at YAI National Institute (Garfield, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

A group interview then a one on one. It seemed like they really wasn't interested in doing the one on one to really find out who you are as a person. The group interview was just a way of them letting you know about the company and that's all I got out of it. It was unorganized and It felt like time wasted. They I may get a call in 2 weeks for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• No questions... I didn't get asked any job related question. Just my availability.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

group interview..took about 45 mins in total and then very brief one to one. Asked basic questions like what would you do in this situation and how would you react to the patient if they are being difficult.

Interview Questions

• how would you react to the patient if they are being difficult?   Answer Question

Community Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

A very relaxed group interview where you were to tell the group a bit about yourself. Following a series of questions (mostly about how you would react in certain scenarios), you would then be taken in for a one on one interview where you discuss the position, the benefits, the salary, etc. Then you are told to await a call for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you incorporate technology into the lives of people with ID/DD to help make their lives better?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

First I met with HR person and the head of the department. Interview went well, I like them and it seemed they liked me as well. Few days after the interview I received a call from HR, he told me that they really liked me but they wanted someone with more experience. I was then contacted by a different department. That interview went well, but I showed not a lot of interest in that job. I had to shadow somebody for a day. At the end they told me I has the experience they were looking for but they also said I was too young for the position.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if a parent tell you "how come you are giving me advice on how to treat my child if you dont even have a child"?   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Initially, there was 18 people and we had to fill out 2 papers. Afterwards, we were broken up into groups. Within that group there was two interviewers and they ask questions surrounding what would you do if... After that, there was a very short interview where I had to fill out three papers and was told I would receive a call for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What if the resident ask you for money what would you say and do.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YAI National Institute.

Interview

Not so bad.easy question. Typical scenerio about how you would respond to consumers not doing what they are suppose to do. It's a group interview then you get called one on one. Low salery though

Interview Questions

• What do you do if consumer doesn't take there meds?   1 Answer