YBM Education Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at YBM Education

Academic Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YBM Education (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

I applied internally. I got a response from our National Director within a day or two. The process didnt take too long. I had a face to face interview with the center director and the national academic director. It was a relatively basic interview for the position. They focused mainly on my ability to manage a team and how my experience with the company would help me develop the branch.

Interview Questions

• They focused a lot of management style and past experiences with management roles. They gave a few situation questions as well.   Answer Question

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at YBM Education in October 2014.

Interview

Very brief phone interview. Difficult as was told certain dates and times they would call, most of which they missed and I had to recontact them. When they did call, it was very quick and they immediately offered me a job afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Very simple questions eg: Have you worked in education/ with children before?   Answer Question

EFL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YBM Education (Seoul (South Korea)) in September 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process to assess your intentions as well as your English aptitude. however, since your hiring manager will probably also have poor english grammar, this is not a significant hurdle to overcome. You basically have to be able to teach as well have a general understanding of various subject areas, but from my experience in the company, not everyone is required to have extemporaneous knowledge of all of them. A lot is self taught through preparation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YBM Education in April 2012.

Interview

Responded to an ad placed on Dave's ESL Cafe, and sent in the documents needed for visa issuance. Documents were sent to the academic supervisor of the branch I had specified in my email submission, and the supervisor contacted me by email two days later to make arrangements for my telephone interview. The interview was about 45 minutes long and ranged from teaching-related questions to questions about personal habits and living abroad.

Interview Questions

• Because I had no teaching experience, questions related to how to encourage use of particular language structures were the most difficult   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not negotiation phase, as the initial salary and benefits are determined by referring to a set of pay grades based on academic qualifications and teaching experience.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daegu (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at YBM Education (Daegu (South Korea)) in November 2010.

Interview

There was one phone interview. The questions were standard - past experience with education, kids, why you want to come to Korea, why you want to be a teacher, etc.

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YBM Education in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online (posting my resume, scanned copies of my passport and degree, and a recent photo) and received an email a few days later from the academic supervisor of one of the branches, arranging a time for a telephone interview. Two days later I had the interview, and three days after that I was offered the position. Be prepared to answer questions about your academic background, its relevance to teaching English to Korean students, and teaching experiences you have had, and your personal interest in living abroad.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my undrestanding of 'communicative methodology'   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved. There are corporate guidelines in place that take into account academic background and teaching experience.