YETI Coolers Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014

2.2

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at YETI Coolers.

Phone interview with HR and then in-person interview with who would be referred to as my boss. His interview was very quick and casual. They interviewed about 50+ applicants apparently. It took about a month to finally hear something back.

Executive Assistant - Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at YETI Coolers in August 2013.

The process was quick and mostly efficient. An initial interview with the head of HR was informative and laid great groundwork for the second meeting with the COO and CFO. After the second interview, the HR manager presented me with a set of questions and tests. The tests weren't difficult and I was able to answer and give it back quickly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult or unexpected. The biggest issue facing the two C-levels was travel. They wanted to know how I would best handle international and domestic travel situations (like missing flights, canceled flights, etc.).   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at YETI Coolers in March 2012.

The decision seemed to have already been made before I had my interview. Everyone was friendly, (I met with 3 people), but one even tried to discourage me from wanting to work there, saying that the atmosphere can be unwelcoming to new hires, and that they cannot effectively keep up with growth - causing the employees a lot of headaches.

Interview Questions
    • I offered a lot of information, but honestly, hardly anything was asked, and no one seemed that interested in what I had to offer - other than that I seemed more than qualified.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at YETI Coolers in July 2011.

The interview process at YETI consisted of a phone interview and on site interviews. The initial phone interview was a description of the job responsibilities, and a few questions as to why I was interested in YETI. The on-site interview consisted of two one hour interviews followed by a lunch with two account managers.
    During the one-on-one interview job responsibilities were explained in detail. My interviewers were very forthcoming about the functions and the environment at YETI. They appeared to be very serious and enthusiastic about their roles with the company. The fact that high expectations and occasional will be long hours was covered, and I already expected that.
    I received an offer and accepted the job offer. Working for YETI is great. Everyone takes the time to get to know you and it is a very close community. While it is a high paced environment introducing your ideas is encouraged and valued.

Easy and thorough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at YETI Coolers in July 2011.

Phone interview, and then an in person interview the same week (they wanted a next day interview). In person interview consisted of 2 different interview sessions with 2 people, and a 3rd taking me to lunch. Very nice people, but the work environment seemed very stressed and I sensed little job satisfaction from the employees that interviewed me. Compensation seemed fair, but they did not offer any health insurance or vacation time beyond 5 personal/sick days. Doesn't speak well for a company in business for 5.5 years and projecting 60 million in sales. Also, the average work day for an account manager seems to be about 10.5 hours.