YETI Coolers Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.3

Executive Assistant to Marketing and NPD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview consisted of meeting two of the women from Recruitment. They asked the basic questions about job history and the classic but ever so boring "tell me about yourself." The next part was a 45 minute test that was reminiscent of a standardized test. It required me to write sample emails and read paragraphs about icebergs and answer random questions. I waited two to finally hear that I was invited back for a second interview. I met with the head of recruitment for a short bit then was interviewed by the two people who I would have been assisting. They were nice but seemed really unsure of what they were even looking for. During this second interview I was asked by the head of recruitment if I was "a crazy college party girl." I'm not sure of the relevance. The two people I would have been working for were the exact opposites so I'm interested to see how they will juggle the same assistant.
    After a few days I heard that they need someone with more experience but they would like me to come interview for another position as an "Outfitter." I interviewed with two head people in the department then two more people who work within the department. They asked me various things like "goals I have set for myself" and again the tell me about yourself. I was told I would hear something about the position within two weeks. It's been three and I have heard nothing back from them. Rather disappointed in their interview process. I felt as if I was being toyed with and tugged around for interviews for no reason.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then in-person interview with who would be referred to as my boss. His interview was very quick and casual. They interviewed about 50+ applicants apparently. It took about a month to finally hear something back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was quick and mostly efficient. An initial interview with the head of HR was informative and laid great groundwork for the second meeting with the COO and CFO. After the second interview, the HR manager presented me with a set of questions and tests. The tests weren't difficult and I was able to answer and give it back quickly.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult or unexpected. The biggest issue facing the two C-levels was travel. They wanted to know how I would best handle international and domestic travel situations (like missing flights, canceled flights, etc.).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The decision seemed to have already been made before I had my interview. Everyone was friendly, (I met with 3 people), but one even tried to discourage me from wanting to work there, saying that the atmosphere can be unwelcoming to new hires, and that they cannot effectively keep up with growth - causing the employees a lot of headaches.

Interview Questions

• I offered a lot of information, but honestly, hardly anything was asked, and no one seemed that interested in what I had to offer - other than that I seemed more than qualified.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process at YETI consisted of a phone interview and on site interviews. The initial phone interview was a description of the job responsibilities, and a few questions as to why I was interested in YETI. The on-site interview consisted of two one hour interviews followed by a lunch with two account managers.
    During the one-on-one interview job responsibilities were explained in detail. My interviewers were very forthcoming about the functions and the environment at YETI. They appeared to be very serious and enthusiastic about their roles with the company. The fact that high expectations and occasional will be long hours was covered, and I already expected that.
    I received an offer and accepted the job offer. Working for YETI is great. Everyone takes the time to get to know you and it is a very close community. While it is a high paced environment introducing your ideas is encouraged and valued.

Negotiation

Easy and thorough.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at YETI Coolers (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, and then an in person interview the same week (they wanted a next day interview). In person interview consisted of 2 different interview sessions with 2 people, and a 3rd taking me to lunch. Very nice people, but the work environment seemed very stressed and I sensed little job satisfaction from the employees that interviewed me. Compensation seemed fair, but they did not offer any health insurance or vacation time beyond 5 personal/sick days. Doesn't speak well for a company in business for 5.5 years and projecting 60 million in sales. Also, the average work day for an account manager seems to be about 10.5 hours.