YMCA

Updated Jul 18, 2014

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Initial telephone screen, then in person interview.

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA in November 2010.

I went through a temp agency, and had multiple interviews before landing the job. The HR interview was pleasant, nothing out of the ordinary...the hiring manager interview was a little different. The YMCA has some specific needs, and it was tricky accurately matching my skills to those.

Be prepared to interview with as many as 3 people...the HR rep, your supervisor and dept head. Depending on the structure of the particular department, there may need to be more interviews.

Interview Questions
    • My resume was a little all over he place...having had a few jobs in a relatively short amount of time. I had to eloquently explain this and why I would be with the YMCA long term   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

interviewed at YMCA in July 2010.

sent my cover and resume online. within a week, got a call back and did the initial interview. It was with the office manager and the branch assistant. Got a second interview in the same week. It was with the branch director and branch assistant. After the 2nd interview, I had to wait another two weeks before letting me know I received the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Had a phone interview just to help ween out the over 200 applications. Recieved a in person interview a few weeks later. Was one of a few narrowed down from 200. Interviews were spread out over a few days.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most disappointing moment in one of your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA in February 2012.

I applied online, and after one month I received a phone call from YMCA. There was only one interview with three interviewers. All the questions were really general. Like "why do you want to work for us".

Interview Questions
    • They asked about the CLASS software which I have no idea what it was.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at YMCA in August 2011.

I got interviewed by 4 people at one time and they asked questions about my experience, education, and my ability to complete assigned tasks. I actually have to go in for another interview with 2 other people. I don't know what they're going to ask since I thought that they pretty much covered everything last time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA in February 2011.

I have applied online directly at YMCA homepage. I got call back to be invited for an interview one week after I applied. Interview consisted of panel interview. One person was questioning me whether the other one was writing down my answers. They called me back in 10 days later to tell me that they will not make an offer for me

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example from your previous job history when you were self-starter and what was a result   Answer Question
    • what does ymca means for you?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at YMCA in October 2010.

This was a one on one interview. The interviewee was very knowledgeable about the YMCA and had worked there for many years. Very positive, high energy - enthusiastic.

none.