YMCA Front Desk Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rome, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview process was fairly straightforward. I submitted an application and was interviewed a couple of days after. I found out that I had gotten the job the same day that I interviewed, so the waiting period was not long at all. The interview was a behavioral one, so it was not very difficult. I got the sense that they wanted to see how well the job would fit into my personality given the types of questions.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Front Desk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in October 2010.

I went into the YMCA and asked if they were hiring and for an application. The man at the front desk asked me if I had any certifications because you have to at least be CPR certified to get any position at the YCMA. I told him I was CPR certified and he proceeded to tell me that when your application is turned in they circulate to all their departments and the department that needs help will give you a call. If no department needs help they will keep your application on file for up to 3 months. A few days later I turned in my application and within a week and a half I received a call and we set up an interview for a few days later. After the interview she informed me she would give me a call about 3 days later which ended up being a week later. When she finally called me back she said they would love to give me the job but my schedule didn't comply with theirs and she told me to give her a call when my schedule opened up or during the summer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you received bsd customer serivice and what would you have done to make it better if you were in their shoes?   View Answer
    • What do you know about the YMCA?   View Answer
    • What strength and weakness will you bring to the YMCA?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work at the YMCA?   View Answer
    • What will you bring to the YMCA? (Another question asked was "What times and days can you work a week? or How many hours a week did you wan to work?   View Answer
    During the interview process I was never asked how much pay I would like to recieve. I think that was on the application and it was my first job interview so I said minimum wage which I'm sure they had no problem with.

Front Desk Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA in January 2008.

They ask me about my experienced, if i was good communicating. My computer skills

Interview Questions
    • What type of computer skills do you have?   View Answer

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!