YMCA Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA in February 2013.

Easy application. Interview very to the point. If you have former experience with the elderly or children, do mention that. When I interviewed, it was only one interview and lasted 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if put into this situation? Those type of questions, they had very random and awkward situations.   Answer Question
    They start off at a certain pay rate, couldn't talk them into more. I understood due to them being a non profit. I got my first raise within 90 days.

Membership Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at YMCA in July 2010.

Interviewed by two directors. Easy interview--basic questions. Asked about my background and goals that I had reached in previous job and talked about the expectations of the job they were offering to me. I was asked if I was willing to work hard toward those goals.

No negotiation options.

Day Camp Counselor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in March 2012.

Applied on line in February of 2012. In March, I was contacted for an interview at a Local YMCA branch. They asked a very standard mix of behavior and situational interview questions. It was a very open environment, everyone there seemed very happy and motivated. The cultural environment was beginning to change and the interviewer was asking questions off of two different standard lists because the YMCAs of Minneapolis and St. Paul had just merged.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if one of the children in your group injured themselves?   Answer Question
    They only negotiate if you are an internal applicant. Even then they are unwilling to give you more than a 25 cent raise over what you are currently making.

YMCA Daycare Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jefferson City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at YMCA in July 2014.

I applied by sending in an online application by mail. I was called about a week later for an interview. It was a very quick interview (lasted about 10 minutes). I was called the next day with job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation needed. The job already came with a free membership.

YMCA Summer Camp Counselor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in April 2014.

After applying online, I was emailed about a week or two later asking that I put my named down to participate in a group interview. I do not do very well in groups, but luckily there was only about five other people there. The interview itself didn't last for that long and the people are really nice. They asked pretty simple questions and the good thing about group interviews is that if someone offers to answer a question first, it gives you more time to think about the answer while other people go ahead. All in all, the process was pretty fast and simple

Interview Questions
    • No questions were that difficult, but this was my second interview at the YMCA so they all ask the same questions (especially if you are going for a counselor position). The only question that trumped me was one about my most creative ideas and me not being the most creative when it comes to certain things, did stump me. That was just me though; others might do fine.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at YMCA.

Pretty basic. You need to know about the company, be ready to talk about why you want to work there and what you can contribute. Know their environment. Be ready to speak about your past experience and your resume and what is on it. Be an outgoing individual, you will be the face of the business and they need to see that you are a relatable person and someone who they would enjoy having around.

Interview Questions
    • Name a weakness or how would you handle a difficult customer   View Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring Hill, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at YMCA.

I filled out an application and I was called for an interview with the Aquatics Director. The interview was quick and consisted of basic questions like why are you interested in this job? What are your past experience as a lifeguard? Availability? Certifications?

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty basic, perhaps the most difficult was why would I like to work as a lifeguard? Be prepared for scenario questions as to how to perform under an emergency.   Answer Question

Member Services Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at YMCA in April 2013.

It was a 3 phase interview process. Everyone was polite and asked relevant questions. Nice and comfortable environment. There were management employees from various branches available. They answered all of my follow up questions.

Pay rate discussed was not offered. There was no meaningful negotiations.

Health and Wellness Director Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

Submitted resume and cover letter via internet. Received a phone call to schedule phone interview. After phone interview received a call back to schedule face to face interview with 3 individuals. After interview received a call back from direct report.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current position for this job?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

interviewed at YMCA in July 2010.

sent my cover and resume online. within a week, got a call back and did the initial interview. It was with the office manager and the branch assistant. Got a second interview in the same week. It was with the branch director and branch assistant. After the 2nd interview, I had to wait another two weeks before letting me know I received the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!