YMCA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.3

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Very brief, just asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work at this location. My resume supported my qualifications which may be why there were not a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the YMCA?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Very easy. One on one interview and discussed schedules and things that I am good at. They do require you to have a background check because it is a safe place for children.

Day Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Submitted my application. After two weeks with no call, followed up with the director and emailed my application, just in case. Got a call two days later to schedule an interview. Did the interview with my old camp counselor and passed with flying colors. Then I waited about a month and a half to get a call back. They started calling my references (one has to be a family member) then I got an email a few days later saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are the core values?   1 Answer
    • You have a group of returning campers, but one of them is new. The new child is not making any friends, what do you do?   1 Answer

Child Care Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Interview was relatively easy. I was asked about my past experiences and asked to describe myself and why I wanted to work at the YMCA. The interview was pretty short and to the point. During the interview, I interviewed with one person, and then was given a tour of the facility and a tour of where I would be working.

Interview Questions

• What prior childcare experiences do you have, and why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Interview

I was invited to an interview with hiring manager the same week my application was submitted. The following week I was invited for an interview with the group I was going to work with. Then I was asked for three work references. The whole process was very fair and moved quickly.

Health Coach Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

I received a response the day after I submitted my application and then had a brief phone screening the day after that. Three days later, I came in for an in-person interview and was asked several scenario-based questions. Part of that interview was also to walk the floor and actually interact with the folks working out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to bend the rules.   1 Answer

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA (Chesapeake, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very positive. Fairly easy. I dressed in business professional for the interview and was asked if I knew that I could wear casual clothing. Was also told to relax because of my upright posture. Overall it was a very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a Lifegaurd?   1 Answer

Kid Zone Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA (Spring Hill, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to interview within the next few days. I met with a director who was very nice and we got straight to the interview. First she asked questions about my prior work experience and then how much I knew about the YMCA and why I wanted the position. There were tons of questions, about 5 pages of them! it was intimidating but it wasn't too bad. Lots of questions like "describe a time when you....", they want to know how you react to situations. At the end she told me about the position and the kid zone and we talked about what she liked about working with the Y.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an unpopular opinion or belief you had to stand up for   Answer Question
    • Why are you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the YMCA?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you showed one of the four core values (responsibility, honesty, care and respect).   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were in a stressful situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

It was smooth and very quick. the people were very nice and coopearative. The questions were tough but not that tough. Good one. Nice people. Great experiance. What else you would like to know. let me know. I am fine.

Assistant Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA (San Diego, CA).

Interview

They basically read off of a sheet of questions, that they use to interview positions from the part time front desk staff all the way up to Assistant ED.