YMCA

2.3

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview was unprofessional. Two interviewers were in the interview and one was texting the whole time while asking questions and the other one took a phone call and left the room, and never returned. It seemed like I never had their undivided attention from the start. They mainly asked behavioral questions and the interview did not last longer than 15 minutes. After the interview, they tell you that they will be in contact with you via ApplicantOne (their online application server) in less than 14 days. It took about a week to get a response from them. They told me they found another person for the job, although if they offered it to me I probably would not have taken it due to how unprofessional the interview went.

Fitness Coach Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

1 interview for part time Fitness Coach staff, it was very nice the manager was nice and it was in the gym so it made me feel comfortable. the questions were to make sure i knew about weightlifting and overall "health and fitness". dieting was a plus apparently but not a requirement having a CPT was also a plus but not needed.

Interview Questions
    • if i had a 75 year old client what would i ask them about health and how would i come up with a workout plan and why   Answer Question

Membership Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Applied online through their website. Recieved a phone call to schedule an interview about two weeks later. Interview felt awkward. In a small space with another employee doing his work at a desk.

Interview Questions

The hours and the pay were not as posted. Wanted me to work specifically early hours and could not gurantee me more than 10 hours per week.

Member Service Representative Interview

Called in for a interview, sat down and met with hiring managers. It lasted about an hour and mainly concentrated on my experience with customer service, computer use, and values to see if they were consistent with those of the YMCA. They were mainly concerned with my availability and if I could work alone, as most shifts were just for one person. They also wanted to know my commitment to the YMCA and how dedicated I was to their values. I was only interviewed by one person.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a conflict I had to solve.   View Answer

Wellness Coach III Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

I was an internal candidate and the process took about 6 to 8 weeks....Very long and drawn out. Did a phone interview then one with the VP and associate VP then a 2 different panel interviews.

No negotiations

Healthy Living Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Most positions at the Y will have a 3 person interview process. If you are applying for a childcare position, expect group interviews followed by a regular interview. Check the website for job leads and apply to positions online. Some YMCAs will do a phone interview so be prepared if you recieve a call in regards to a position. The next stage is an interview with at least two staff members present. After the interview, it might take a while to be offered the position. It can take anywhere from a week to a month depending on the YMCA and time of year.

Interview Questions
    • There will be at least one question that may feel it has no face value such as What cereal would you be and why?   View Answer

Zumba Instructor Interview

The interview process was easy. I just came in and talked with the director and asked me my availability. I didn't have to audition which I was surprised about. I guess they heard great things about me maybe that's why.

Membership Service Representative Interview

Lots of, "What do I do on my spare time..?" Questions which focus on the potential employee's personal life.
    The hiring process wasn't very lengthy. It was a standard background check and drug test. However, in order to clock in or use the computer for crucial work related tasks you need a Daxko ID number which wasn't given to me for about 3 weeks. This made my job very tedious for that time, but other than that it was a seamless transition to this new job.

After School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

I applied online and they called me saying they had positions open in three different locations that were near me and in nicer areas. I arrived at the Greater Miami Headquarters for my interview 15 minutes early. A woman asked who I was supposed to be meeting with, but they never told me over the phone. I waited a bit, and then a woman handed me an application for me to fill out, which I had already done online. Clearly they were not prepared for me to be there. I entered the busy room and some younger girls laughed and stared at me for whatever reason. The woman escorting me had no idea where to hold this interview and wandered the room and settled on someone else's desk, whose owner repeatedly came to grab something or use his computer throughout the interview. She asked good questions, but didn't seem to follow a protocol--just questions off the top of her head. Then she offered me positions that were no where near the locations that were offered to me on the phone, not to mention very out of my way. They need more organization and consistency; I was very turned off.

Interview Questions
    • What would your last supervisor say about you? What was the greatest moment from your last job? Why do you want to work for the YMCA?   Answer Question

Turned off by company's disorganization and inconsistency

Member Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA in October 2014.

I applied online. I then heard from the person a month later for a phone interview. They brought me in for a panel interview two weeks later. The process took about 4-6 weeks. I think that was pretty long for a part time job. For the most part, the panel was nice. There was one woman who seemed shocked that I did Crossfit which I found rather odd.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this membership? What do you know about the Y? Tell me about a difficult situation? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question