YMCA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Kid Zone Interview

Kid Zone
Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – Very basic, easy interview.i applied online but knew someone who used to work there. I got a phone call asking for an interview, (no phone call interview). i went in and got the job with in 10-15 minutes. The hardest questions they asked were what I thought I could bring to the Y and why I wanted to work here. overall easy. No official training required before my first day, even though there should be.

Interview Question – The hardest questions they asked were what I thought I could bring to the Y and why i wanted to work here.   View Answer

Co-Teacher Interview

Co-Teacher
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very simple and to the point. During a one on one interview the interviewer asked scripted questions to determine the candidate's capabilities and qualification for the position.

Interview Question – Questions were straight forward and to the point.   Answer Question

YMCA Youth Counselor Interview

YMCA Youth Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in May 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process takes no more than two weeks not including the training. There is an initial interview asking what you will bring to the team and why you should be hired. You must then take an online questionnaire and watch aseries of videos about working with children. You then are asked questions based on what you watched at a follow up interview. You must take a full drug test at your choice of a list of locations they provide to you promtply after the interview process.

Interview Question – They will ask you things along the lines of How you will handle a situation where a student comes to you with a personal problem. Theybasically ask you situational questions on how to safeley handle working with children or communicating with their parents.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NOt much negotiation for pay

Youth Program Director Interview

Youth Program Director
Columbia, SC

I applied in-person - interviewed at YMCA in July 2014.

Interview Details – I emailed the executive director my resume! He immediately emailed me for an interview. The interview was smooth. The executive was nice and he made me feel like I was already apart of the YMCA! He asked about my education and experience! I had to map out a typical day of a development program! For the most part, I think they look at personality and what positive traits you can bring to the"Y!"

Interview Question – No difficult questions! General related job questions.   Answer Question

Fitness Trainer Interview

Fitness Trainer

I applied online and interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – There were two interviews for this position. A phone interview and an in person interview. All of the questions were the standard questions you would find on google. Good luck!

Interview Question – Explain your greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Referee Interview

Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Referee
Navarre, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA in April 2010.

Interview Details – One interview, kind of a sham, no real interview due to working there volunteering for years before, logging tons of hours. It was all very relaxed, and friendly. The upper management was always supportive of staff referring people to the company, and quite trusting so knowing a few people also helped the interviewing process.

Interview Question – How long do you plan on staying with the YMCA   Answer Question

Lifeguard and Swim Instructor Interview

Lifeguard and Swim Instructor
Hanover, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at YMCA in February 2010.

Interview Details – They asked pretty standard interview questions. There was a swim evaluation to determine your skill level and also some basic rescues. Nothing too difficult if you took the course. I had to provide my certificated and demonstrate first aid as well.

Interview Question – Are you responsible enough to have someone else's life in your hands?   Answer Question

Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard Interview

Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – My supervisor asked me if I would like to apply to work after I had volunteered there. I applied and after phone and email communication had one interview and a practical evaluation. The interview was very straight forward. I knew all of my training and the technical questions I was asked.

Interview Question – How to deal with specific situations as a lifeguard. Technical things you should know if you remember and review your training.   Answer Question

Childcare Interview

Childcare
Downers Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at YMCA in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called to schedule an interview. I went in 3 days later and was interviewed by the head of the childcare department. I knew many people that had referred me to the job and had put in good words about me, so she barely asked any questions and told me I'd been hired, but since the hours I could work didn't work for that position she said I would be working for another department. I was sent home with a packet of papers to fill out and returned them the next day. Waited 2 weeks and called to see what the hold up was. She said she would talk to the other department head and get back to me. No call. I called again and she said the same thing. No call again. I gave up and a month later received an email telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at the ymca?
Questions about different scenarios handling children.
  Answer Question

Immigration Case Manager : Houston, TX Interview

Immigration Case Manager : Houston, TX
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at YMCA in July 2014.

Interview Details – YMCA was very quick about getting back to me. I am currently out of state, so we conducted an interview over the phone. It was pretty laid back & standard questions i.e. most difficult client, most difficult co-worker, greatest strengths etc. They're planning on having a final answer back to me within two weeks as to final hiring procedures.

Interview Questions

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!