YMCA

310 candidate interviews

Aquatics Supervisor Interview

Aquatics Supervisor

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call the next day after submission deadlines. Interview was scheduled 4 days after the call. Several stages interview process, I did not expected such a detailed behavioral type interview on the first stage. Was asked about 10 questions, for about 50 minutes, by two interviewers. They seemed nice and professional.

Interview Question – It was my first interview so I wasn't sure what to expect. All answers was supposed to be based on the actual experience, a lot of questions that dealt with collaboration, motivation to action and team work. Most difficult situation, how I dealt with it.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – Initial telephone screen, then in person interview.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Administrative Position Interview

Administrative Position

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – Initial phone interview lasted 40 minutes with a great deal of positive feedback and explanation of next steps of interview process. Interviewer was positive, explained details of dress, expectations, when to expect next interview.Promise of call within the week, had to email two weeks later to discover an internal applicant had received position.

Interview Question – What was your lowest area of recent job evaluation?   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Campaign Manager

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – Great interview process! Very quick, straightforward and professional process

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – I applied via YMCA website. The procedure is like any other interview where they scan through all the applicants and then, either call the selected candidate or email them. Once you get selected, I got called for on-site interview.

Interview Question – All questions were common sense and everyday network debugging questions.   Answer Question

Membership Services Representative Interview

Membership Services Representative

The process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – Overall, the hiring and interview process was really easy. You go in, get a tour of the facilities, then give a tour to a current employee.

Interview Question – They didn't ask anything difficult. None of the questions were hard, but I'll post what they asked me anyways:

1] Why YMCA?
2] Tell me a little about yourself
3] What do you like to do during your spare time?
4] Can you swim?
5] What do you want to do in life?
  Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – Pretty basic. You need to know about the company, be ready to talk about why you want to work there and what you can contribute. Know their environment. Be ready to speak about your past experience and your resume and what is on it. Be an outgoing individual, you will be the face of the business and they need to see that you are a relatable person and someone who they would enjoy having around.

Interview Question – Name a weakness or how would you handle a difficult customer   View Answer

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Batavia, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – Was recruited from an internet website. Received a call from the HR Manager and scheduled a brief phone interview. Lots of STAR questions "Tell me of a time..." Was asked back for a second interview, which was a 2-on-1 with an Executive Director and HR Manager. Again, lots of STAR questions. Was offered the position but declined.

Interview Question – The interviewer turned my credentials around on me in a negative light and said "When I tell our board of directors I hired someone who worked at X, did Y and doesn't have Z, how would you like me to respond?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better job offer elsewhere.

After School Academy Counselor Interview

After School Academy Counselor

I applied online and interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – After emailing my resume and cover letter I received an email listing possible interview times. i met with the director and coordinator who were both really nice and seemed genuinely interested in learning about my experiences. They were able to clearly articulate what the position would require and they answered my questions very honestly and openly.

Interview Question – What do you know about the YMCA?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was an hourly, part time position that unfortunately paid too low for my needs at the time.

Program Director Interview

Program Director

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – You will be interviewed by 3 different groups of people. Senior management, Director Peers in your prospective branch, and specific Department Director Peers across the association (all branches). Plan on spending 3 hours and answering lots of questions and asking questions of them.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – People say they are happy but they don't really seem happy. They seem stressed out.

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!