YMCA

Average Difficulty
316 candidate interviews

Membership Representative Interview

Membership Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – You have to know someone or be a former employee they hire from within

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation it was $8 an hour

Daycare Teacher Interview

Daycare Teacher

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – One interview with two site directors. Questions pretty typical like "What would you do if two kids want the same toy?" or "Why this organization?"

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry parent?   View Answer

Wellness Director Interview

Wellness Director

Interview Details – Phone interview, panel interview with members and staff

Interview Question – varies, members ask all types of crazy questions that is not relevant to anything at that point in time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little if any negotiation on salary.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – The interview process was very quick and straightforward. I was simply asked about my experiences relevant to the position, and whether I had knowledge of social science data reporting and techniques. The staff is inviting and friendly and eager to have assistance since like most non-profits, resources are low for the work they do.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

YMCA Lifeguard

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – They now do a practical and skills interview in the pool for safety, situations, first aid, and other related activities. When I interviewed in 2006, we had to do a bunch of behavioural questions. There were two interviewers and three of us in the same interview. They asked a lot of behavioural questions on leadership.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team to do something great.   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Program Director

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – You will be interviewed by 3 different groups of people. Senior management, Director Peers in your prospective branch, and specific Department Director Peers across the association (all branches). Plan on spending 3 hours and answering lots of questions and asking questions of them.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – People say they are happy but they don't really seem happy. They seem stressed out.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – Had a phone interview just to help ween out the over 200 applications. Recieved a in person interview a few weeks later. Was one of a few narrowed down from 200. Interviews were spread out over a few days.

Interview Question – What was your most disappointing moment in one of your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone call for interview after two weeks. The guy interviewed me was very nice. He asked me about myself. What do you know about YMCA. Then asked questions based on my resume. The interview was relatively quick, about 15 minutes at most. After the interview, he also gave me a quick tour in YMCA.

Interview Question – There wasno difficult questions, only basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Child Care Assistant Interview

Child Care Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – It was easy, just want to know about your history with children and how you would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – What is something about your self you can improve on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No phase

Lifeguard Interview

Lifeguard

I applied in-person and interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – very well done, organized. straight forward brief

Reason for Declining – Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!