YMCA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.3

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Very brief, just asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work at this location. My resume supported my qualifications which may be why there were not a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the YMCA?   1 Answer

Youth Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Group interview, got to play a game and share a song along with fellow applicants, very fun! Also have to answer interview questions along with other applicants but it's a fun experience. They called my references about a week later from the interview and about 2 days later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service in a child like setting?   Answer Question

Day Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Submitted my application. After two weeks with no call, followed up with the director and emailed my application, just in case. Got a call two days later to schedule an interview. Did the interview with my old camp counselor and passed with flying colors. Then I waited about a month and a half to get a call back. They started calling my references (one has to be a family member) then I got an email a few days later saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are the core values?   1 Answer
    • You have a group of returning campers, but one of them is new. The new child is not making any friends, what do you do?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Very easy. One on one interview and discussed schedules and things that I am good at. They do require you to have a background check because it is a safe place for children.

Child Care Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Interview was relatively easy. I was asked about my past experiences and asked to describe myself and why I wanted to work at the YMCA. The interview was pretty short and to the point. During the interview, I interviewed with one person, and then was given a tour of the facility and a tour of where I would be working.

Interview Questions

• What prior childcare experiences do you have, and why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Interview

I was invited to an interview with hiring manager the same week my application was submitted. The following week I was invited for an interview with the group I was going to work with. Then I was asked for three work references. The whole process was very fair and moved quickly.

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA (Abingdon, MD).

Interview

Met with Manager first, she recommended me to Director who then interviewed me. Tough questions. History, plans, goals etc. Based on experience, was I willing to start at the bottom? I answered yes.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Health Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

I received a response the day after I submitted my application and then had a brief phone screening the day after that. Three days later, I came in for an in-person interview and was asked several scenario-based questions. Part of that interview was also to walk the floor and actually interact with the folks working out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to bend the rules.   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Applied at front desk, and received all for interview within one week. One interview, took place in hiring manager's office. Low key and laid back. We went over my resume and qualifications. Process was basically social and friendly.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. Basically went over qualifications.   Answer Question

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Chesapeake, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very positive. Fairly easy. I dressed in business professional for the interview and was asked if I knew that I could wear casual clothing. Was also told to relax because of my upright posture. Overall it was a very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a Lifegaurd?   1 Answer