YMCA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.3

Child Care Aide Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

The director was very friendly and welcoming. I was scheduled for an interview with them the same day. Be yourself and you're bound to be successful. I had 2 interviews. One was face to face and the other one was to "see if it was the right job for me. Can't start until orientation is complete.

Interview Questions
    They're very firm on wages. Minimum wage is the best you'll get until you either get promoted or provide proof that you are an education major and taking edu classes.

Lifeguard Interview

Walked in and they gave me the job, I expected to be asked some questions about my skill level and experience but I was instead asked my availability and how soon I could start. Very easy interview process, hardly considered an interview.

Front Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA in September 2014.

There were group interviews prescheduled prior to filling out the application. The interview was fun. There were five interviewers. One to a table of six interviewees. The interview was basicly a personality test. The interview was a little longer than a hour. You should try and be the first to answer so that you don't repeat a previous persons answer.

Interview Questions
    • There were strongly agree to strongly disagree questions where you had to explain your reasioning to the room.   Answer Question

Environmental Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YMCA in August 2014.

Initial communication occurred two weeks prior to official hiring. After an exchange of emails, a relaxed telephone interview took place before being offered the position on the spot. Interview questions focused on why a YMCA camp would be an ideal fit for me as an individual, as well as some YMCA background information.

Interview Questions
    • What are the core tenants of the YMCA?   View Answer
    I was a late hire to the season and was offered a position, but the budget for the season had been mostly accounted for and the salary was not negotiable.

Fitness Staff Interview

interviewed at YMCA in August 2014.

I got referred, but I got called in for an interview. The directer was away on a retreat, but I got interviewed by two other fitness staff members. Very fun, informal interview. They did their best to make it feel like a conversation. Really wanted to make sure you knew how to do fitness assessments as well as how to identify proper form, so as to help people working out.

Interview Questions
    • They just asked what I thought being a fitness staff member would entail as well as what I thought social responsibility was.   View Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Pretty basic. You need to know about the company, be ready to talk about why you want to work there and what you can contribute. Know their environment. Be ready to speak about your past experience and your resume and what is on it. Be an outgoing individual, you will be the face of the business and they need to see that you are a relatable person and someone who they would enjoy having around.

Interview Questions
    • Name a weakness or how would you handle a difficult customer   View Answer

Half Time Director of Development Interview

Excellent with the CEO and as the Board wanted nothing to do with fundraising they were not involved in the process nor interested in the position - that is all.

not really as I saw that I could provide needed support for the CEO and raise major and foundation giving to provide an increase in the overall giving to programming, services, scholarships and help to meet other needs

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at YMCA.

I filled out an application and I was called for an interview with the Aquatics Director. The interview was quick and consisted of basic questions like why are you interested in this job? What are your past experience as a lifeguard? Availability? Certifications?

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty basic, perhaps the most difficult was why would I like to work as a lifeguard? Be prepared for scenario questions as to how to perform under an emergency.   Answer Question

Health and Wellness Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Submitted resume and cover letter via internet. Received a phone call to schedule phone interview. After phone interview received a call back to schedule face to face interview with 3 individuals. After interview received a call back from direct report.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your current position for this job?   Answer Question

Kid Zone Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at YMCA.

Very basic, easy interview.i applied online but knew someone who used to work there. I got a phone call asking for an interview, (no phone call interview). i went in and got the job with in 10-15 minutes. The hardest questions they asked were what I thought I could bring to the Y and why I wanted to work here. overall easy. No official training required before my first day, even though there should be.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions they asked were what I thought I could bring to the Y and why i wanted to work here.   View Answer