YMCA Interview Questions

2.3

Co-Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in October 2011.

The hiring process was very simple and to the point. During a one on one interview the interviewer asked scripted questions to determine the candidate's capabilities and qualification for the position.

YMCA Youth Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in May 2013.

The interview process takes no more than two weeks not including the training. There is an initial interview asking what you will bring to the team and why you should be hired. You must then take an online questionnaire and watch aseries of videos about working with children. You then are asked questions based on what you watched at a follow up interview. You must take a full drug test at your choice of a list of locations they provide to you promtply after the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you things along the lines of How you will handle a situation where a student comes to you with a personal problem. Theybasically ask you situational questions on how to safeley handle working with children or communicating with their parents.   Answer Question
    NOt much negotiation for pay

Youth Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied in-person - interviewed at YMCA in July 2014.

I emailed the executive director my resume! He immediately emailed me for an interview. The interview was smooth. The executive was nice and he made me feel like I was already apart of the YMCA! He asked about my education and experience! I had to map out a typical day of a development program! For the most part, I think they look at personality and what positive traits you can bring to the"Y!"

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions! General related job questions.   Answer Question

Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Referee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Navarre, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Navarre, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA in April 2010.

One interview, kind of a sham, no real interview due to working there volunteering for years before, logging tons of hours. It was all very relaxed, and friendly. The upper management was always supportive of staff referring people to the company, and quite trusting so knowing a few people also helped the interviewing process.

Lifeguard and Swim Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hanover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at YMCA in February 2010.

They asked pretty standard interview questions. There was a swim evaluation to determine your skill level and also some basic rescues. Nothing too difficult if you took the course. I had to provide my certificated and demonstrate first aid as well.

Interview Questions
    • Are you responsible enough to have someone else's life in your hands?   Answer Question

Swimming Instructor and Lifeguard Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

My supervisor asked me if I would like to apply to work after I had volunteered there. I applied and after phone and email communication had one interview and a practical evaluation. The interview was very straight forward. I knew all of my training and the technical questions I was asked.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with specific situations as a lifeguard. Technical things you should know if you remember and review your training.   Answer Question

Childcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at YMCA in November 2013.

I applied online and was called to schedule an interview. I went in 3 days later and was interviewed by the head of the childcare department. I knew many people that had referred me to the job and had put in good words about me, so she barely asked any questions and told me I'd been hired, but since the hours I could work didn't work for that position she said I would be working for another department. I was sent home with a packet of papers to fill out and returned them the next day. Waited 2 weeks and called to see what the hold up was. She said she would talk to the other department head and get back to me. No call. I called again and she said the same thing. No call again. I gave up and a month later received an email telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at the ymca?
      Questions about different scenarios handling children.
        Answer Question

Immigration Case Manager : Houston, TX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at YMCA in July 2014.

YMCA was very quick about getting back to me. I am currently out of state, so we conducted an interview over the phone. It was pretty laid back & standard questions i.e. most difficult client, most difficult co-worker, greatest strengths etc. They're planning on having a final answer back to me within two weeks as to final hiring procedures.

Membership Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in June 2014.

I applied online and received a call from membership director after 2 weeks. I had one interview with the membership director face to face. Very general interview process, nice people, nice culture and environment

Interview Questions
    • What is the core Value of YMCA? What are your goals in five years horizon?   Answer Question

Wellness Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Clair Shores, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clair Shores, MI

I applied online - interviewed at YMCA in June 2014.

Administrative, customer service, budget, policy maker, instructor, organizing work place and managing other instructors. The management of wellness, fitness and over all positive motivations of the facility, provide to the needs of the public.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel that the YMCA advocates its mission statement?   View Answer
    The first interview was the negotiation phase.