YMCA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Nursery School Director Interview

Nursery School Director

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – From initial contact to final interview (I was one of two finalists for the position) the environment was professional, easy to follow and pleasant. It's clear that the New Canaan Y has a strong process in place for recruitment. Multiple interview rounds reflected the team's commitment to finding a qualified candidate. Excellent experience all around!

Interview Question – How do you feel about parents who want to become more involved in their child's classroom?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Camp Counselor Interview

Camp Counselor
Putnam Valley, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – I signed up for an unpaid CIT position the following summer. After successfully proving myself, I filled out a paper application. I was contacted the next day and scheduled an interview. The interview itself was very nonchalant and relaxed. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be receiving a letter of acceptance in a few days.

Interview Question – "A child has run away from your group of children. You have no one else to watch your group, but there are other staff members nearby. What would you do in this situation?"   View Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from HR within 2 weeks. 2 weeks later, I met with 5 team members. It was a fairly painless process.

Coach Interview

Coach
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – I went in person

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations only one option

Emergency Services Associate Interview

Emergency Services Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one in-person interview at the Corporate Office. Staff from beginning to end were very welcoming and joyous to have me there. It was very relaxing for me and a great positive environment. Asked me great questions and even asked for a short presentation from me. Gave me ample time to interview and ask questions about the job. Well worth it.

Negotiation Details – The salary was at what I was willing to take so there was no negotiating.

Manager Interview

Manager
Waterbury, CT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA in April 2012.

Interview Details – YMCA is an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews. Here's information on each step in the interview process, along with advice on the best way to handle each type of interview as you progress up the interview ladder towards a job offer.
More Info

Interview Question – What do you expect to gain from working here?   Answer Question

Fitness Instructor Interview

Fitness Instructor

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – I was actively taking group classes at the YMCA. I don't recall an interview process. I attended a class to become certified as a Fitness Instructor (paying myself) and then became a staff member teaching group classes.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase - I became an Instructor once I was certified.

LIfe Guard Interview

LIfe Guard

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details – Phone call interview. Not hard.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would fit in here?   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Leader
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at YMCA in December 2012.

Interview Details – Group interviews usually of 4 or more people for an after school position. If applying for summer, the group size increases to about 8 to 10 groups of 4 to 5 people. The process will take you through various situations and the panel of site directors will ask questions directed either at the whole group or parts of the group. Do your best to answer first and thoughtfully, while if answering second don't say, "I agree with what the previous person said".

Interview Question – How would you approach a situation where a child hits her head on the pavement and is hurt or unconscious either at the pool, on a field trip or at school?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't that much of negotiation if you lack experience, the individual site director determines how much they will pay you based on your interview and experience.

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at YMCA.

Interview Details – The hiring process is all done online. Then you get called in for interviews and shadowing shifts.

Interview Question – They want to see originality. Make sure you answer honestly. YMCA isn't trying to hire robots.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at YMCA