YMCA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.3

Visual Arts Nstructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YMCA in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted quickly, interviewed the next week. References took a while because interviewer had to play phone tag. Interviewer was friendly, knowledgeable and interested in me as a person not just as an employee. References took a few weeks, as she kept calling them at very strange times and took a bit to return calls.

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YMCA (Newport Beach, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Send in a resume, quick interview. The interview process was quick and painless and the questions were simple expected. The interview is not that hard just review your strengths and weaknesses and be able to explain why you want the job.

Interview Questions

• How is your experience relevant?   1 Answer

Nursery Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Easy and laid back. She wrote down my answers to all the questions and gave me a tour of the nursery. Lasted less than 20 minutes and only offered minimum wage. They were very understaffed at the time so it took them a while to get back to me even thought she said it would only take a couple of days. I had to email her several times but overall it was worth it.

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Only interviewed with the membership director. Simple questions, just wanted to get a feel for the person who they will be hiring. Want to make sure you will get along with the community members and know how to handle the general public and that you are friendly.

Interview Questions

• nothing I can think of. I have been a seasonal employee so I knew the person interviewing me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have worked at this company before

BASE Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YMCA in December 2014.

Interview

Filling out the application online is the easy part, after filling that out I received a phone call and email asking to set up a time for the initial interview. When going in for the first time, there is a packet of questions your supervisor will have to ask, they are simple; Have you had experience?, Why do you want this Job?, What do you have to offer working here?, etc. After that first interview, you will be contacted for a follow up, you will come in read some papers telling you the guidelines of the company and your job specifically, then once done reading the terms, signing papers, filling out your basic information. You will be handed a sheet to get a physical/TB test done, along with another sheet that allows you to get your fingerprints done at the local sheriff's office. (The Physical, and Fingerprints are paid for by the Y), they also run a background check before considering a new hire. After all of the physical results, and fingerprints are sent back, the next step is talking to HR. There you will fill out W2 forms, sign more papers, create your membership profile, etc. Then you get your shirts & name tag as your uniform, then you start working.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "Tell me about yourself" simply because that can go into different aspects, should I say where I want to see myself, or my experience, what I am currently doing or trying to do with my life.. Since there was already a "Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?" question and it's a pet peeve to repeat things I have said that will or has already answered a question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at YMCA (Hartford, CT) in December 2014.

Interview

Was contacted directly from the recruiting manager. She called me and asked when I would be available to come in for a one on one interview. Day of the interview I cam in and the two od us had a very casual interview with questions that I was easily able to answer.

Interview Questions

Interview

They were extremely lax in the process and yet very strategic in what type of person they wanted so it was unclear when talking to the people. They had the interview in a back closet sitting among the school supplies. The interviewer didn't seem to be all there and asked rapid fire questions without seeming to listen. It seemed like she had already made up her mind upon meeting me whether or not she would be willing to hire.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging situation you've experienced with children and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

Straight forward. Did a phone screen, then an in person interview and an in the water test. Overall process was in line with other interviews I'd done for pool lifeguard positions.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Interview was unprofessional. Two interviewers were in the interview and one was texting the whole time while asking questions and the other one took a phone call and left the room, and never returned. It seemed like I never had their undivided attention from the start. They mainly asked behavioral questions and the interview did not last longer than 15 minutes. After the interview, they tell you that they will be in contact with you via ApplicantOne (their online application server) in less than 14 days. It took about a week to get a response from them. They told me they found another person for the job, although if they offered it to me I probably would not have taken it due to how unprofessional the interview went.

Fitness Coach Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

1 interview for part time Fitness Coach staff, it was very nice the manager was nice and it was in the gym so it made me feel comfortable. the questions were to make sure i knew about weightlifting and overall "health and fitness". dieting was a plus apparently but not a requirement having a CPT was also a plus but not needed.

Interview Questions

• if i had a 75 year old client what would i ask them about health and how would i come up with a workout plan and why   Answer Question