YMCA

Updated Nov 24, 2014

1.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lifeguard Interview

Straight forward. Did a phone screen, then an in person interview and an in the water test. Overall process was in line with other interviews I'd done for pool lifeguard positions.

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Lifeguard Interview

Walked in and they gave me the job, I expected to be asked some questions about my skill level and experience but I was instead asked my availability and how soon I could start. Very easy interview process, hardly considered an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at YMCA.

I filled out an application and I was called for an interview with the Aquatics Director. The interview was quick and consisted of basic questions like why are you interested in this job? What are your past experience as a lifeguard? Availability? Certifications?

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty basic, perhaps the most difficult was why would I like to work as a lifeguard? Be prepared for scenario questions as to how to perform under an emergency.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at YMCA.

Easy, very relaxing, standard HR questions. The whole process took approx 10-15 min. As this was lifeguardpostion there was a skills test involved. They would prefer if you were YMCA cert, but they will take others if you show you know your stuff.

nope

Lifeguard Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YMCA.

Submitted my application without a resume. I was called in for an interview the next week. The interview was very laid back. Note that I already had 2 years of lifeguarding beforehand. After asking me about my past lifeguarding job and my swim history, I was hired on the spot. We shook hands and I started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Might have been because I've already lifeguarded for a couple years before, but all the interviewer asked me about was if I had ever taught swim before and how much my pay was.   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

I initially applied via paper to a variety of pools. When I was interviewed, they asked if I had ever done YMCA summer camps, if I knew the YMCA core values, and my school+extracurricular activities. They wanted to gauge how much time one could devote to the job. I had a total of two interviews. I think dressing nicely, acting respectively helped.

Lifeguard Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

No interview, just filled out an application. Had to successfully pass a lifeguarding class. Not really much else to the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA in June 2012.

The people who worked at the YMCA that I worked at were very friendly and helpful for anything that I needed. The interview went very smoothly, and the supervisor asked causal questions to understand who I was, and what I could do to help out, and to make sure I was a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • They were technically looking to see if I was able to speak clearly and communicate well. I had to dress business casually.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at YMCA in November 2010.

As long as you're certified and willing to do a basic swim test, the interview was very smooth and had no aberrations.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Painesville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Painesville, OH

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at YMCA in October 2010.

Took the training and was hired from there.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Minimum wage, period.