YMCA Member Service Representative Interview Questions

2.5

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at YMCA in August 2008.

Very relaxed interview. Questions were pretty general.

Interview Questions
I didn't try to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA in June 2010.

They were very organized and timely. The woman I spoke with was so personable, both on the phone and in person. They made me feel comfortable and the environment seemed like a fun place to work. Everyone I met was so welcoming and each employee seemed to really enjoy her work.

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA in November 2010.

Pretty much your regular old interview process. Nothing new & exciting here. They loved that my major was in a health-related field. They had me fill out an application in the noisy lobby as parents picked up and dropped off for swim team practice. Whole process took less than 40 mins. Executive director of branch listened & took notes, while office manager asked the questions.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with children misbehaving when parents aren't doing anything to control the child.   Answer Question
    N/A. Minimum wage and a free membership that I never got to use because I was always working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA in October 2009.

A call for an interview, interview, and a call with a job offer

there was no negotiation. hourly rate was as expected.

Members Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at YMCA in August 2009.

Interview process was easy, waiting for the initial new hire paperwork, background checks, takes about 4-6 weeks before getting the official okay to start.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They have a set pay rate for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at YMCA in September 2011.

Applied in August of 2011 for a couple of positions within the YMCA, Was called for an Interviewed in September 2011 and had good reviews and was told that I would be called with the details of the interview. The hiring manager called and revealed that she did not offer me the position because a position I was more qualified was coming available and would keep in contact. We kept in contact weekly for the next several months and the position never became available. Around May 2012 I was contacted again by the same hiring manager and offered an interview at another YMCA in town, interviewed there and did not receive the job. Fast forward to January 2013, I was contacted once again by the same manager for another job that I was "very qualified for" I went to interview at the downtown office, took a tour, met the majority of the higher management team, filled out a application in person and from that moment never had another follow-up call or anything again.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very generic such as describe yourself, how can you help the company, what are your thoughts on wellness   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YMCA in December 2013.

I sent in my resume, and received a call within a few days. There was a lot of snow, but hiring manager was reasonable an allowed me to reschedule interview. I came in sat in an interview with 2 people (person i spoke with and the director) and they asked quite a few questions, describe yourself in a nutshell, what do you think you can bring to the team

Interview Questions
    • If you were alone (no supervisors around), there's people calling on the phone a long line forming and a difficult customer at the front of the line what would you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation, I expected minimum wage and got significantly higher (i didn't complain)

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA in February 2013.

After completing an online application I was called in to interview with the director of Member Services. She was very ice and seemed quite pleasant. She asked me the basic interview questions, however focusing on customer service. Asked about my experience and why I would like to be apart of the YMCA team. Also made it very clear that they aimed to provide the very best customer service and experience. I was showed around a bit and was told I would hear back soon. I was then called in again to meet with one of the member services managers who was not as pleasant as the lady I'd met with before. She seemed like she didn't like her job but it paid the bills. She reiterated the focus on customer service and told me "you don't get paid a lot so you have to like what you do". This was awkward but we soon finished. I was then sent an email shortly after that meeting offering me the position and I went in to fill out paperwork and started working the following week.

Member Service Representative Interview

I had one interview with the membership director as well as an additional staff person. At the time it was a pretty easy and smooth process. There is new management now so it might be different. I walked in to drop off my resume and was scheduled for an interview about a month or two later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I knew what the duties entailed. At the time I didn't and was told that I should know this information whenever I apply for a job/have an interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA in February 2013.

Easy application. Interview very to the point. If you have former experience with the elderly or children, do mention that. When I interviewed, it was only one interview and lasted 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if put into this situation? Those type of questions, they had very random and awkward situations.   Answer Question
    They start off at a certain pay rate, couldn't talk them into more. I understood due to them being a non profit. I got my first raise within 90 days.