1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Membership Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at YMCA in November 2009.

I was a member of the YMCA and I would constantly check their job posting because I enjoyed the atmosphere there so much. Eventually a marketing position was listed and I spoke directly to what would become my direct supervisor's supervisor about the best way to apply. A friend of mine was considering joining the gym and I just happened to offer to show them around (a major part of the job) because the staff was busy at the time.

I applied and many members of the staff that I had gotten to know referred by to the manager. I was offered an interview a few days later. They called me a few hours later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about giving back to the community? The primary purpose of the position is to sell memberships and offer assistance to those in need while promoting a healthy lifestyle.   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about working in a setting that is primarily focused on a family atmosphere? You will often be asked to help support your co-workers needs and be extremely flexible to ensure everyone is able to focus on their life outside of work as well as their life here.   Answer Question
There is no room for negotiation. Positions start at 30% of the maximum salary range for new hires (mandated by corporate). I do not know if they ever offer less. There are no vacation days for part-time employees.