YMCA

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview was unprofessional. Two interviewers were in the interview and one was texting the whole time while asking questions and the other one took a phone call and left the room, and never returned. It seemed like I never had their undivided attention from the start. They mainly asked behavioral questions and the interview did not last longer than 15 minutes. After the interview, they tell you that they will be in contact with you via ApplicantOne (their online application server) in less than 14 days. It took about a week to get a response from them. They told me they found another person for the job, although if they offered it to me I probably would not have taken it due to how unprofessional the interview went.

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Job gets posted online (jobing.com). Get screened via a phone interview. Brought in for a panel interview with a branch Executive Director, and two other Program Directors from other departments. The interview questions are geared towards past experience, ideas of ways to grow programs, marketing, and ways to have a positive impact on the community.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like raising money, and have you had prior experience raising money for a mission-driven organization?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary up by a little. They were tough - didn't want to budge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

Was recruited from an internet website. Received a call from the HR Manager and scheduled a brief phone interview. Lots of STAR questions "Tell me of a time..." Was asked back for a second interview, which was a 2-on-1 with an Executive Director and HR Manager. Again, lots of STAR questions. Was offered the position but declined.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer turned my credentials around on me in a negative light and said "When I tell our board of directors I hired someone who worked at X, did Y and doesn't have Z, how would you like me to respond?"   Answer Question

Better job offer elsewhere.

Program Director Interview

Was recruited through a colleague. Interviewed with board members, several executive directors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encinitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encinitas, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at YMCA in September 2009.

phone interviews with supervisor for background check, phone interview (2), in person interview 1:1, and group interview with senior management team

Interview Questions
    • Do you know about our Annual Giving Campaign? Have you participated in the Campaign, what was your role? How much did you raise? What is your knowledge/background of fundraising?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA in July 2009.

Multiple parts to the process including a behavioral type of interview in front of a group.

Program Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Interviewed by a panel of 8 people from different careers and communities. Each one had question related to position, and asked for examples of situations.

Interview Questions
    They were flexible with my schedule as a single parent and as far as salary compromise.

Program Director Interview

You will be interviewed by 3 different groups of people. Senior management, Director Peers in your prospective branch, and specific Department Director Peers across the association (all branches). Plan on spending 3 hours and answering lots of questions and asking questions of them.

Interview Questions

People say they are happy but they don't really seem happy. They seem stressed out.