YMCA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Youth Sports Coordinator Interview

Youth Sports Coordinator
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at YMCA in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online mid December 2012. I got an email saying my resume was being reviewed at the end of December. I was called to schedule a phone interview at the very beginning of January, she didn't ask any questions then except for where I lived. On the day of the interview she called to reschedule for the next week, and I finally had the phone interview mid January.

Phone interview: It took about 35-40 minutes. The first question was "Tell Me About Yourself?". From there she asked a lot of resume questions and questions relevant to the position. (I wrote down many of the questions, so when I find the sheet I hope to remember to come back and give them).

At the end of the interview she asked if I had any questions. All the ones I had she already answered, so I told her that. I asked when I could expect to hear from her-- she said by Friday. (It was Tuesday). She told me to email her references from my last 3 jobs. I sent that Thursday morning. I didn't hear from her until the next week on Monday. She said she gave the job to someone with more experience. I was sincerely disappointed since she seemed to be interested, and it seemed as if I would be a great fit... especially since it was just a part time job.

Total process took about 1 month exactly from the time I applied to the time I was called about whether or not I got the job. Overall decent experience and good practice since it was my first phone interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!