YMCA Youth Zone Attendant Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Youth Zone Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brandon, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at YMCA in May 2012.

After applying online, I received a phone call with an interview offer, which I accepted. I was interviewed by the department manager and the membership manager. They asked simple questions, like strengths, weakness, 3 words you would use to describe yourself. They asked about the work I did as a volunteer and had me give a 30 second "commercial" about why they should hire me. I was unprepared for this, so I did pretty bad. It didn't help that I was nervous, as this was my first interview ever. Another question I wasn't ready for was which of the four core values I thought was most important, which was tough because I sincerely value all of them. I ended up choosing honesty, only to realize I had very little to work with when expanding my answer. I asked about the most challenging part of the job, but failed to reassure my ability to meet that requirement. I could have given more examples of work I've done and really sold myself. I was nervous and really wanted the job, so I went in what I thought was prepared, but not so much that my answers sounded scripted. Boy, was I wrong! I was eliminated from their list of potential employees, and I'm not surprised. I wasn't open or prepared nearly enough. I have a phone interview another branch, and hopefully I'll do better this time!

Interview Questions
  • Which of the four core values (care, honesty, respect, responsibility) do you think is most important?   View Answer
  • What are 3 strengths?   View Answer
  • What is a weakness?   View Answer
  • What is an accomplishment you're proud of?   View Answer

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!