YP

75 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at YP in May 2013.

Interview Details – There are background and drug tests. The interview consists of a telephone role play (hint: overcome objections), as well as typical interview questions including tell us your strengths and weaknesses, sell me this item (usually a pen or stapler, hint: sell features e.g.: premium grip, easy glide, blue color), and also the will ask about times you used Microsoft office inducing excel.

Interview Question – Telephone role play: Sale me a product, not including gym memberships.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negations.

New Media Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at YP.

Interview Details – Usually 2 managers ( one at a time) will go over your past and current achievements. They are looking for go getters who will make 200 calls a week cold calling. Be prepared to role play how you close a sale. Your best chance getting in the door is by referral.

Interview Question – The only thing unexpected is the young manager kept taking phone calls and texting during the interview process. This manager was full of himself, and quite rude by his immature ways of playing with his phone most of the time. Seriously who does that during the interview process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's a Union company, so there are no negotiations with pay scale unless your management or contractors. Base is low $35,000 but there is a gas and cell phone reimbursement.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at YP in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very tedious interview process with multiple telephone interviews. Over 10 interviews.

Interview Question – Unexpected: I don't know if we really need this position. I don't see a problem with the current work we do.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Directory Telephone Sales Representative Interview

Melbourne, FL

I applied online - interviewed at YP in August 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online - had a telephone interview - then had a face-to-face interview and then was sent to pass a test

Interview Question – How would you upsell a specific customer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No bad - asked for all I could get

Account Executive-Telephone Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at YP in November 2012.

Interview Details – First, I interviewed with the staffing agency about the position. Then, I interviewed one time with the employer. During the interview, my resume was reviewed and I was asked straightforward questions. The questions were not anything out of the ordinary. I was offered the position and I accepted. The hiring process was about one month from being contacted by the staffing agency to starting the job.

Interview Question – Questions were straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation plan was predetermined. The company was not open to negotiations.

Advertising Sales Consultant Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at YP.

Interview Details – the company is supposed to hire from within first and then to advertise outside...at that stage it is friends of friends...experience not so important...It used to be a very involved process with tests and evaluated sales pitches etc.. now it is more based on interviews...

Interview Question – most difficult problem when selling and how did you overcome it...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation... standard union plan

Advertising Sales Representative Interview

Advertising Sales Representative
New Haven, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at YP in March 2010.

Interview Details – They definitely overstated the compensation when I was interviewing. The expectations far exceed what we are paid for what we do.

Negotiation Details – Nothing. It is a union contract.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at YP.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview first and to be honest I could barely understand the lady conducting this screening process. She had a very thick accent and I had to ask her to repeat a lot of her questions multiple times. She asked questions about how competitive I am, past sales experience, etc. None of the questions were extremely difficult or unique. She asked me about my hospitality experience and what my base pay was. I thought this was odd as I would imagine someone who is a recruiter should probably know the base pay is next to nothing. She was surprised when I told her. She also kept asking me how much money I was making. After the about 20-30 minute phone conversation she said she wanted to recommend me for the position. I was then invited to a group interview, but it was the very next day. I told her I could not make that since my current job at the time would require a bit more notice than less than 24hrs. She then tried to tell me they only do these events a couple times a year so that was pretty much my only chance (not true since they did at least 2 more while I was in training). I told her I would take my chances.

A week or so later I received a call again asking if I could interview. I almost did not accept as I was not impressed by the screening process and felt it was unprofessional. I ended up going in for a one on one interview. Pretty typical questions for a sales position (what do I like about sales, past sales experience, how do I do when micro-managed, how successful was I in my last sales position, how comfortable am I selling over the phone, etc.). At the end I was asked to sell a product to the hiring manager. It was a product of my choice and they gave me a few minutes to come up with my pitch. I was then offered the position at the end of the interview. The lady who did the screening process then wanted me to sign immediately, but I asked to just give it a nights consideration. She didn't seem too thrilled about that and asked I get back to them by end of day the next day.

Interview Question – Sell me a product of your choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Higher base pay for first 6 months, then goes down to basically $9/hr after that.

Media Consultant Interview

Media Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at YP in September 2010.

Interview Details – two interviews not very difficult just let them know you are committed and driven and you should be successful.

Interview Question – this will vary from GSM to GSM   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YP in February 2012.

Interview Details – Great. Asked the right questions, interviewer was prepared

Interview Question – Do a sales presentation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at YP

Worked for YP? Contribute to the Community!

YP Videos

YP – Why Work for Us?

YP is a group of Doers who help local businesses and communities grow which is proven by our Top 40 U.S. web and mobile property and the fact we are used by 70 million unique visitors each month. Our people are the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at YP interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by YP employees and interview candidates.