YP

2.9

New Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at YP.

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9 weeks! The interview took place within a week of applying. After numerous follow up phone calls I received a message on week 9 that said I was a finalist for the position. Then nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Role play. Sell me a product that I don't really need and is expensive. Short questionnaire prior to the role play. Those question are just to get to know you and your work experience.   View Answer

New Media Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP.

Easy interview. Role play required. Interviewed by two people. I thought it was hilarious that they both wrote every single thing that I said down. Most of the interview was me waiting on them to get done writing my answer down.

Sales Interview

The first interview was conducted by a corporate recruiter.

The second interview resembled a beer fueled frat party. Yes, they had two buckets of beer. They were essentially seeing if they liked you or not, and making an excuse to drink I suppose.

The last step in consideration was a series of face to face interviews.

Direct Marketing Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at YP.

Strangest most unprofessional interview I've ever been on. Very disconnected. Asked very little questions. Was a little disturbing that the tire floor of the building that the interview was completely unoccupied. Like they where going out of business. People where nice, just not very professional. It was also unsettling that they didn't even know the name of the recruiter, the recruiting company nor had they ever talked to him directly, ever. Doesn't seem like they take hiring people very seriously.

Digital Media Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at YP in December 2014.

I was invited to his company to interview and went through the entire process. Met them, hung out a bit, and was then offered a job. I did not accept the job because the people who interviewed with me were kind of shady. They did not share all the information about the position. It took them an entire week to decided whether or not they were going to accept me for the position. It sounded like a great job with high compensation however just because it sounds good and looks good does not always mean that it is good. I asked several times about the compensation and how the comp plan worked, no one ever answered me. They could not give me a straight answer. They did not even know what the base salary was when I was going through the interview process. I asked how much the commissions were, no one answered me, no one gave mt he straight answer. The interview was average difficulty and then the hiring manager told me the decision would come fast. 5 business days later is not fast. Not only that, the position requires you to drive to the actual business owner and make a call out so expect to be driving all over the place to make appointments. Yes they give you a car allowance and a phone allowance with a computer and an IPAD which is really cool but get your questions answered thoroughly before accepting a job. Simply telling me that there is a base in the 30's and an unlimited commission structure does not do it for me.

Don't get me wrong, the staff was great, the people were great, the company seems great and has a lot of backing however for the amount of stress the job entailed I would have expected almost double the base that was offered.

I was offered the job, I simply asked the recruiter to send me the information in a document and/or offer letter so that I may review the information in detail and get back to her and she told me that I had virtually no time to think about the job and that I had til the end of that day to accept the job and that I had to get all of these online questionnaires and everything done so that I could start the hiring process. I was simple and I was clear. I said please send me the offer letter and terms and conditions of the job so that I may review it and get back to you and that never happened instead it was a push to hurry up and take the job.

I took another offer because this company took too long to get back to me, they never answered my questions, they did not send me what I requested, and then they had the nerve to get upset at me when I rejected the offer.

News flash YP.com, just because someone does not accept a job offer does not mean that they are angry or upset or that they may consider your company in the future. Now just isn't the right time for this type of job and that was what it came down to.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell this product to such and such. Let's role play a scenario you have had before...   View Answer

Company seemed to want to hide the details of the comp plan. They didn't explain the charge back process. And they did not explain to me that if a client signs a contract and then they cancel I am responsible for that lost amount, must pay back the commission and that I could possibly get a bill that I have to pay to the company out of my base salary. So please understand that the base is not actually a true base, more like a draw against future commissions.

They were not upfront about the compensation and no detailed offer letter was given at time of acceptance.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at YP in December 2014.

The interview was pretty standard and lasted for about an hour. They had a questionnaire that the interviewers went through. All of the questions were very boiler plate interview questions that are easy to answer. Two people interviewed me, a sales rep and a manager. That was fine except they were sitting on either side of me and I couldn't talk to both of them at the same time, which was a bit awkward.Although everyone in the office was very nice, I sensed an uneasiness to all the employees. They seemed a little bit burnt out.

Sales Account Executive Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at YP.

too long, boring, too much wasted time in interview process, manager leaves room and seems to forget about you. role plays is complete waste of time, single person decides to hire you. company evolved into micro-managing firm without regard to employees, cost cutting elimanted too many jobs and sent overseas.

Interview Questions
    • how to handle a customer who wants to cancel   View Answer
    took offer and gradually rose through incentive steps

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP in November 2014.

Person calls you, but it isn't the phone interview. She schedules a phone interview on a separate date. It's as far as I got. I was supposed to speak to someone regarding the position, but I was never contacted. Frankly, it's disrespectful and highly unprofessional. Steer away from working for a company like this.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect to not get asked questions. Because they never called when we scheduled it!   View Answer

Digital Media Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YP in November 2014.

Attended recruiting event and got to chat with current employees and a a few sales and marketing managers that would later interview me. I was notified that management was interested and wanted to set up an interview, went well and quickly was contacted to schedule for a second interview the next day. The staff was very helpful and had clear instructions for the training and other pre-employment requirements responsibilities and expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Had to demonstrate ability to sell at first interview. Make sure you can demonstrate that you can be a "closer!"   Answer Question
    Received a fair offer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP in November 2014.

Very informal setting of the interview. I was not interviewed for the position that I applied for but for a similar position. The person who interviewed me would not be my manager. The person who interviewed was badly informed by the YP recruiter who reached out to me and set up the appointment. Overall they did not make a very good impression on me.