YP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YP (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick to start. Then moved straight to disorganized. Seemed like they are always interviewing as not many people can handle making 100 calls a day for them. They should have had their process down pat by now, but I didn't get a sense they knew what they were doing at all. Not great at communicating for a communications company.

Not the right fit.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YP (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Asked typical interview questions. Why wanna work for company? Strengths and weakness? Interviewed with 2 people. Had to do a role play so be ready. Not very long knew something by end of day. Was very quick and easy. But most managers and GM are gone now. Don't know what has changed now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate pay. It's decent in training then drops significantly.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YP (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process consisted with meeting a recruiter and passing the initial screen and booking an in person with the direct hiring manager. After meeting with the manager, we discussed my experience, role played and expectations were set for the role in the position. I was made clear that it wasn't an easy prospecting position. However, if I followed the metrics I would do well. After this meeting I spoke with a Senior level manager that let me know what's it like out in the field and from there, based on my responses and was then contacted by the recruiter and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about making 100 calls a day?   2 Answers

Premise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YP (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Very scripted. They follow a script about what to ask. Nothing that is too out of the norm. They do ask you to do a role play. Be prepared to sell your interviewer something of your choice.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as part of a group? Did you ever have a problem with your boss? That kind of stuff.   1 Answer

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YP.

Interview

I got a LinkedIn message from a manager at the local branch, and said he wanted to meet with me. At first, it was a pretty laid back meeting, just putting a name with a face and answering any questions I had. I briefly met his boss. A few weeks later I had an interview with his boss, which was much more like a "formal interview" with behavioral questions, asking about my experience, etc. They ask you to sell something, and give you 10-15 minutes to prepare your presentation. The person I interviewed with had objections, competition that was selling a similar product at a lower price, stuff like that. I was really nervous about this part, but it was probably the strongest part of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you were tempted to go against company policy. What did you do?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you didn't agree with your supervisor's way of doing things. How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Sell me something.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YP.

Interview

Multiple people involved in the administrative aspects of the process, not all on the same page. Benefits package promised was different depending on who I spoke with. Some promised benefits where not realized. Actual benefits package officially offered was a less than what any one individual promised.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Knowledgeable interviewing panel. Impressive managers. Great work space and feel of the atmosphere. I could see myself flourish there long-term. The questions were above average in terms of difficulty. Smart group of people.

Interview Questions

• Primarily skills-based interview. Both via phone and in-person. Not may questions about cultural fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YP (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the job by an old co-worker after moving to Denver and having an issue finding a job I really wanted that would compensate me for my level of experience. Once I applied, the Western region recruiter and I had about a half hour phone screen. She set me up with the Market Manager to talk within 2 days. Fairly upfront interview process. Very direct and transparent about job expectations and that they were higher because Denver is always in the top 3 every month in the Digital Regions. Had a role play with my current team manager and given some feedback that was constructive. Was given an offer letter that day and began my background check, drug test process etc that week. Went to training two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Are you money motivated and if so, what drives that? We want top performers here or at those that have the motivation to be one.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YP (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was interesting. Now that I know what I know, I know why it seemed like an interesting process. It turns out, it is just dysfunction. I had been called down twice to the office to interview. Both times, it was interrupted with other things that the manager needed to get done. Then they have you go through a full background drug screening process. If you pass that they ship you off to LA to drink the Kool-Aid before you start working.

Interview Questions

• They just keep repeating how hard the job is. It really isn't that hard if you have ever worked before. It takes discipline and if they let you make phone calls from anywhere else outside of the office, you would be more productive.   Answer Question

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YP in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, went through the 30-40 minute personality and role play test. Wacky questions that seemed to be worded so that there is no good answer. Felt like I was back in high school taking the SAT.

Interview Questions

• Do you find it difficult to tell your coworkers that are chatting and talking about non-business items that you're not interested in wasting your time on things unrelated to business.   1 Answer