YP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at YP (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Asked typical interview questions. Why wanna work for company? Strengths and weakness?
    Interviewed with 2 people. Had to do a role play so be ready. Not very long knew something by end of day. Was very quick and easy. But most managers and GM are gone now. Don't know what has changed now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate pay. It's decent in training then drops significantly.

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YP (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process consisted with meeting a recruiter and passing the initial screen and booking an in person with the direct hiring manager. After meeting with the manager, we discussed my experience, role played and expectations were set for the role in the position. I was made clear that it wasn't an easy prospecting position. However, if I followed the metrics I would do well. After this meeting I spoke with a Senior level manager that let me know what's it like out in the field and from there, based on my responses and was then contacted by the recruiter and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about making 100 calls a day?   1 Answer

Premise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YP (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Very scripted. They follow a script about what to ask. Nothing that is too out of the norm. They do ask you to do a role play. Be prepared to sell your interviewer something of your choice.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as part of a group? Did you ever have a problem with your boss? That kind of stuff.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at YP.

Interview

I got a LinkedIn message from a manager at the local branch, and said he wanted to meet with me. At first, it was a pretty laid back meeting, just putting a name with a face and answering any questions I had. I briefly met his boss.

A few weeks later I had an interview with his boss, which was much more like a "formal interview" with behavioral questions, asking about my experience, etc. They ask you to sell something, and give you 10-15 minutes to prepare your presentation. The person I interviewed with had objections, competition that was selling a similar product at a lower price, stuff like that. I was really nervous about this part, but it was probably the strongest part of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you were tempted to go against company policy. What did you do?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you didn't agree with your supervisor's way of doing things. How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Sell me something.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at YP in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, went through the 30-40 minute personality and role play test. Wacky questions that seemed to be worded so that there is no good answer. Felt like I was back in high school taking the SAT.

Interview Questions

• Do you find it difficult to tell your coworkers that are chatting and talking about non-business items that you're not interested in wasting your time on things unrelated to business.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YP (Birmingham, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went well,it was a two part interview. The first part you are going to tell them about yourself and answer other job related questions and the 2nd part is like a skit, when you are the salesperson and the interviewer is the customer and you are going to sell them on any product of your choice. The interview is graded based on your answers and H R will grade the results.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online via careers website. After 2 days I received an email from recruiting inviting for a Realistic Job Preview questionnaire online. I was to email recruiting once I was complete.

I completed the RJP it was comprised of several phone call related questions and choosing best scenario and worst scenario. I emailed the recruiter and was asked to complete a phone response screening where I would be given a role-play and record a response using automated call.

The same day I was contacted by a Staffing Manager about the position and asked several questions about B2B experience and sales related questions. I was asked about previous jobs and what kind of goals I was given. The recruiter gave information regarding base salary and benefits and company vision etc. The recruiter suggested we move forward and the hiring manager would be in contact with me about scheduling a F2F interview and suggested I bring professional references.

I was contacted 3-4 days later by a General Manager that wanted to schedule an interview and we met a couple days afterwards with General Manager whom called and Area Manager from local district. Two parts to the interview were Situational Responses and Sales demonstration.

I learned later that the company will not be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you were not sure about the directions given. What did you do? How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

First you submit your resume online. Then, if they select you based off of your resume, you will take a test online about possible scenarios with customers and what you would do...and then you will take a personality test. From there they will call you if you pass. Then, it depends on person to person. My interview started out with who my manager is today...then he decided if I was a good candidate and I interviewed with the general manager. The interview was intense and you must SELL YOURSELF. You are not going to get this job just because you have experience. Tell YOUR STORY and how you got to where you are :) Good luck!

New Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at YP (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9 weeks! The interview took place within a week of applying. After numerous follow up phone calls I received a message on week 9 that said I was a finalist for the position. Then nothing.

Interview Questions

• Role play. Sell me a product that I don't really need and is expensive. Short questionnaire prior to the role play. Those question are just to get to know you and your work experience.   1 Answer

New Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP.

Interview

Easy interview. Role play required. Interviewed by two people. I thought it was hilarious that they both wrote every single thing that I said down. Most of the interview was me waiting on them to get done writing my answer down.