YP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at YP in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, went through the 30-40 minute personality and role play test. Wacky questions that seemed to be worded so that there is no good answer. Felt like I was back in high school taking the SAT.

Interview Questions

• Do you find it difficult to tell your coworkers that are chatting and talking about non-business items that you're not interested in wasting your time on things unrelated to business.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YP (Birmingham, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went well,it was a two part interview. The first part you are going to tell them about yourself and answer other job related questions and the 2nd part is like a skit, when you are the salesperson and the interviewer is the customer and you are going to sell them on any product of your choice. The interview is graded based on your answers and H R will grade the results.

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online via careers website. After 2 days I received an email from recruiting inviting for a Realistic Job Preview questionnaire online. I was to email recruiting once I was complete.

I completed the RJP it was comprised of several phone call related questions and choosing best scenario and worst scenario. I emailed the recruiter and was asked to complete a phone response screening where I would be given a role-play and record a response using automated call.

The same day I was contacted by a Staffing Manager about the position and asked several questions about B2B experience and sales related questions. I was asked about previous jobs and what kind of goals I was given. The recruiter gave information regarding base salary and benefits and company vision etc. The recruiter suggested we move forward and the hiring manager would be in contact with me about scheduling a F2F interview and suggested I bring professional references.

I was contacted 3-4 days later by a General Manager that wanted to schedule an interview and we met a couple days afterwards with General Manager whom called and Area Manager from local district. Two parts to the interview were Situational Responses and Sales demonstration.

I learned later that the company will not be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you were not sure about the directions given. What did you do? How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

First you submit your resume online. Then, if they select you based off of your resume, you will take a test online about possible scenarios with customers and what you would do...and then you will take a personality test. From there they will call you if you pass. Then, it depends on person to person. My interview started out with who my manager is today...then he decided if I was a good candidate and I interviewed with the general manager. The interview was intense and you must SELL YOURSELF. You are not going to get this job just because you have experience. Tell YOUR STORY and how you got to where you are :) Good luck!

New Media Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at YP (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9 weeks! The interview took place within a week of applying. After numerous follow up phone calls I received a message on week 9 that said I was a finalist for the position. Then nothing.

Interview Questions

• Role play. Sell me a product that I don't really need and is expensive. Short questionnaire prior to the role play. Those question are just to get to know you and your work experience.   1 Answer

New Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP.

Interview

Easy interview. Role play required. Interviewed by two people. I thought it was hilarious that they both wrote every single thing that I said down. Most of the interview was me waiting on them to get done writing my answer down.

Sales Interview

Interview

The first interview was conducted by a corporate recruiter.

The second interview resembled a beer fueled frat party. Yes, they had two buckets of beer. They were essentially seeing if they liked you or not, and making an excuse to drink I suppose.

The last step in consideration was a series of face to face interviews.

Direct Marketing Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at YP.

Interview

Strangest most unprofessional interview I've ever been on. Very disconnected. Asked very little questions. Was a little disturbing that the tire floor of the building that the interview was completely unoccupied. Like they where going out of business. People where nice, just not very professional. It was also unsettling that they didn't even know the name of the recruiter, the recruiting company nor had they ever talked to him directly, ever. Doesn't seem like they take hiring people very seriously.

SEM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a phone screen with HR, a second phone interview with a manager who was out of state and a third in-person interview at their local office with a department director. Both phone interviews went very well. The manager was able to answer many of the questions I had about the job as well as the company. The in-person interview with the department director did not go as well. The person was late to the interview and proceeded to text on his cell phone while I was speaking. It was pretty obvious that the interviewer did not care to be conducting the interview.

Despite sending thank you emails as well as follow up emails, I received no response regarding their final decision. Not following up with in-person interview candidates is very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Please give us an example of how you build out a campaign for a sample client. Please show examples of keywords, keyword organization and ad copy.   Answer Question

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at YP in January 2015.

Interview

In my situation I was unable to attend the networking event that most applicants were selected from. I did reach out to the hiring manager through connections and was granted an interview. The phone screen was standard. The in person interview was fairly informal, and had a great atmosphere. Unfortunately I was not offered a position, but got a great vive from the company. Attribute lack of direct sales experience to non selection.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. How well do you foresee yourself handling rejection.   Answer Question