YP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Media Consultant Interview

Media Consultant
Oakton, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at YP.

Interview Details – Very abrupt and rude interviewer. Keyan Wongus made certain I knew she was the boss and I was her subordinate. The fact that while she could not insist I work overtime if I did not I would not be at the company long.

Interview Question – Do I feel it necessary to spend the weekends at home with my family when there are clubs with men in them to go explore?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Here is the offer. I desperately needed an income and accepted the position. I went through 4 years of unbelievable pain but since Ms. Wongus was terminated it has been rather pleasant at our office. After 6 months of no supervisor we now have one who must have been hired by an agency.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Glendale, CA

I interviewed at YP in January 2014.

Interview Details – one round technical phone interview and they called for onsite interview and their i had 3 rounds of technical interview and one with hiring manager. Interview is too technical and it was on java. All interviewing people were too good.

Interview Question – how GC works, implement your own iterator, Arraylist and Map.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at YP

Interview Details – Hiring process met with three people. Process took apporximately 3 weeks

Interview Question – Had to conduct a sale with the general manager.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at YP in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hired through recruiter, but was a transfer from AT&T Publishing in-region South

Interview Question – What are your future plans?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Multi-Media Premise Representative Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at YP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen, then panel interview with multiple direct report supervisors, then meeting with general manager.

Interview Question – Pretty standard. Asked me how to do simple math in my head.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very interesting. Very simple union negotiated salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at YP

Interview Details – 45 minute round with 4-5 people. Interview was pretty easy. Standard of questions asked was not terribly hard or smart. Simple things, like design a db for blah or write some code/query to get that, etc.

Interview Question – Didn't really had any difficult question that I can remember.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YP.

Interview Details – Be prepared for an interview that can-and very well might-last over an hour. You will be expected to role play a selling experience with two managers at the same time. You will also be asked all about your past positions in great detail. If you get through that experience, you will then have 6 weeks of training that is split between the sales floor and classroom. They definitely don't go everything you need to know-in fact, they leave out a lot of ver crucial detail, so make sure that when you get on the sales floor you have someone experienced working right with for every single account for the first couple months so you can avoid senseless charge backs.

Interview Question – The most difficult thing is to role play in front of two managers at once during the interview -that's pretty harrowing because it can feel like they are double-teaming you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is absolutely no negotiating whatsoever

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at YP.

Interview Details – I was referred by an internal employee. The response was pretty swift and I had first 2 interviews within a week. After that there was a lull for 4 weeks, post which they called me for onsite.
I had 5 interviews and lunch with my hiring manager. Overall the interview process was not very difficult and focused on testing understanding of the industry and work style.

Interview Question – Had a brain teaser, and few sql questions. Most questions were about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Media Consultant Interview

Media Consultant
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at YP in September 2011.

Interview Details – pretty basic form filled type interview in a can

Interview Question – none. They will ask for a moc sales presentation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – an offer take it or leave it

Accounting Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at YP in August 2013.

Interview Details – Communicated via email; Lack of follow thru by the company. Staff did not seem engaged with the hiring process as if they really did not care. I felt that the interviewer really did not understand what they really were looking for. Therefore others were on the line for backup.

Interview Question – Willingness to commit to working one year   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Company appears to lack focus on future growth; When contract employees are told not to talk to employees who work in the same building sent a message of distrust. No an environment I want to be in for 8 hours a day.

Interviews for Top Jobs at YP