YP Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

interviewed at YP in January 2014.

one round technical phone interview and they called for onsite interview and their i had 3 rounds of technical interview and one with hiring manager. Interview is too technical and it was on java. All interviewing people were too good.

Interview Questions
    • how GC works, implement your own iterator, Arraylist and Map.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at YP.

I was referred by an internal employee. The response was pretty swift and I had first 2 interviews within a week. After that there was a lull for 4 weeks, post which they called me for onsite.
    I had 5 interviews and lunch with my hiring manager. Overall the interview process was not very difficult and focused on testing understanding of the industry and work style.

Interview Questions
    • Had a brain teaser, and few sql questions. Most questions were about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YP in September 2013.

Company was very disorganized and scattered. In essence, they had created a new position where no one really knew what the person was supposed to do OR had any real projects that were currently needed to be done. The head manager seemed far more interested in philosophical discussions about software development than making any real contributions to the bottom line. HR kept scheduling and re-scheduling the face to face interview which caused endless confusion for all.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few interesting questions on database architecture but the ONE BIG question I have is with all the money, resources, and time these guys have put into advanced decision support systems, why are they not more successful? If I had half the systems these guys had in my last 2 jobs, I would have been a business rock star. My only conclusion is that it is all about not rocking the boat at YP.com and pure paralysis by analysis......   View Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at YP in May 2013.

Phone interview had few questions and lack of technically detailed focus. There was no follow-up communication by the company whatsoever, which was very unprofessional. A call or email message could have followed the interview with a "thank you, however..." message in the least.

Interview Questions
    • There were not enough questions asked to have adequate information to address this topic.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at YP in May 2013.

Very tedious interview process with multiple telephone interviews. Over 10 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: I don't know if we really need this position. I don't see a problem with the current work we do.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at YP in July 2012.

General manager was very nice and reached out to me for further interviews. My direct manager as well was extremely understanding and professional as I transitioned to this new office. Excellent co-worker environment!

Advertising Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YP in May 2011.

there was almost no interview - the recruiter misrepresented the job position -

Interview Questions
    • what was your most challenging experience?   View Answer
    no negotiation at all

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at YP in May 2010.

Phone interview followed by on site interview.

Not much.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YP in August 2009.

Started with phone screen then had 1:1 interview with hiring manager and 3 others. Interview was informal. Company is growing so there were many openings and the interview was more of a 'sell' then a weeding out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you get along with your current manager (interviewer knew my current manager was difficult to get along with)   Answer Question

Salary was less than I wanted.

Worked for YP? Contribute to the Community!