YP Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.4

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YP (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process consisted with meeting a recruiter and passing the initial screen and booking an in person with the direct hiring manager. After meeting with the manager, we discussed my experience, role played and expectations were set for the role in the position. I was made clear that it wasn't an easy prospecting position. However, if I followed the metrics I would do well. After this meeting I spoke with a Senior level manager that let me know what's it like out in the field and from there, based on my responses and was then contacted by the recruiter and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about making 100 calls a day?   2 Answers

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a phone screen with HR, a second phone interview with a manager who was out of state and a third in-person interview at their local office with a department director. Both phone interviews went very well. The manager was able to answer many of the questions I had about the job as well as the company. The in-person interview with the department director did not go as well. The person was late to the interview and proceeded to text on his cell phone while I was speaking. It was pretty obvious that the interviewer did not care to be conducting the interview. Despite sending thank you emails as well as follow up emails, I received no response regarding their final decision. Not following up with in-person interview candidates is very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Please give us an example of how you build out a campaign for a sample client. Please show examples of keywords, keyword organization and ad copy.   Answer Question

Data Scientist/Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at YP (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter and had an in-person meeting with a senior leader. This was followed by more interviews with senior people. The process so far was ambiguous, but went very well. After this, they introduced me to the individual teams, data engineers and data scientists where it became very disorganized. My role wasn't made clear to either myself or to the interviewers. Some of these interviewers seemed somewhat arrogant and hostile. The whole process was very slow, needlessly drawn out and a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• The data science team asked a lot of very basic and easy questions, that they didn't themselves understand. Asked to describe Random Forests, linear programming and constraint satisfaction problems. The data engineers had more general discussions regarding their data architecture choices and pipelines.   Answer Question

There are many better options in the area and YP would not be a top choice for the best technology people. The organizational issues and problems became very clear in the interview process itself. There's a lot of territorial disputes and YP inherits a legacy system and organizational structure. It seemed like I a place where I couldn't do my best work during my best years there.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

They conduct a very through and intensive about my experience and career goals, with different functional teams that are usually working with my team to participate in the interview process. The technical questions are relevant to my my skills and experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

interviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

one round technical phone interview and they called for onsite interview and their i had 3 rounds of technical interview and one with hiring manager. Interview is too technical and it was on java. All interviewing people were too good.

Interview Questions

• how GC works, implement your own iterator, Arraylist and Map.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at YP (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee. The response was pretty swift and I had first 2 interviews within a week. After that there was a lull for 4 weeks, post which they called me for onsite. I had 5 interviews and lunch with my hiring manager. Overall the interview process was not very difficult and focused on testing understanding of the industry and work style.

Interview Questions

• Had a brain teaser, and few sql questions. Most questions were about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Company was very disorganized and scattered. In essence, they had created a new position where no one really knew what the person was supposed to do OR had any real projects that were currently needed to be done. The head manager seemed far more interested in philosophical discussions about software development than making any real contributions to the bottom line. HR kept scheduling and re-scheduling the face to face interview which caused endless confusion for all.

Interview Questions

• There were a few interesting questions on database architecture but the ONE BIG question I have is with all the money, resources, and time these guys have put into advanced decision support systems, why are they not more successful? If I had half the systems these guys had in my last 2 jobs, I would have been a business rock star. My only conclusion is that it is all about not rocking the boat at YP.com and pure paralysis by analysis......   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency who contacted me 3 weeks after my initial online application. I was contacted by the staffing agency and provided information to attend an interview. I participated in a one on one interview that lasted 10-15 minutes with the hiring manager of the department. I received a call 7 weeks later with a job offer from the staffing agency.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at YP (Glendale, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview had few questions and lack of technically detailed focus. There was no follow-up communication by the company whatsoever, which was very unprofessional. A call or email message could have followed the interview with a "thank you, however..." message in the least.

Interview Questions

• There were not enough questions asked to have adequate information to address this topic.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at YP (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very tedious interview process with multiple telephone interviews. Over 10 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: I don't know if we really need this position. I don't see a problem with the current work we do.   Answer Question