YRC Freight

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.3

Road Driver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at YRC Freight.

Easy bring yourself cdl class A with doubles and triples endorsement hazmat also of course ,and your safe driving experiance and good work ethics .I understand that now you must apply online and submit app.

Interview Questions
    • None, explaing that I needed a very good job that provided for myself and my family in exchange for a responsible and safe driver was enough.   Answer Question
    All pay and benifits are already negotiated top pay and benefits are provided ,negotiated by I.B.T. .62 cents a mile for All miles and 24.75 per hour for All time spent regardless of what for detention , wating on paperwork, repairs on tractor trailer starting from minute one. Drug testing , layover pay , meal allowance if layed over in foreign terminal ,and even for state inspections on units. Sick pay paid out every year if not used ,vacation up to 4 weeks on top of earned time off.Home time is the best in the industry i believe from homeevery day to staying out for several days much of that is up to you.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at YRC Freight.

Came through a contract company. Once vetted there, I was submitted to YRC. I had a phone interview with the PMO manager, then a one-on-one interview with the 2 functional managers I would be supporting, and their director (three back-to-back interviews total). The overall process was pretty reasonable, maybe 4 weeks from first call to first day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tricky - I did get asked "what I was most proud of"   View Answer
    pre-negotiated through contract company

Financial Analyst Interview

Applied online and was contacted back for a phone interview and in person interview. Process took 3 weeks. Behavioral interview and a few technical questions. Very straight forward and HR got back in a very timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • Whats your greatest weakness and what have you done to improve?   View Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview process is fairly normal. It's usually with a group of two or three people and they'll ask some pretty typical HR related questions like how would you handle stressful situations. They'll ask if you're willing to work any night,day, holiday as it's expected to not have many holiday's off.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you'll be willing to dictate to the unionized workforce in situations. Meaning you'll be expected to directly tell someone to do it and discipline them if they don't comply. Be a yes man.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at YRC Freight.

The process was quick and I interviewed with several levels in the same visit. While first interviewing with the Human Resources representative, I then met with various managers and team members. I was also shown around the facility and was made to feel comfortable in the surroundings. Offer was made in a very short time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, but be prepared to share your experience and ideas.   View Answer
    Pretty straight forward without the need to drag it out over weeks.

Dock Worker/Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YRC Freight in February 2014.

I initially applied to the Dock Worker full-time position at the end of January 2014 and did not receive a call for an interview for the position until near the end of February 2014. I went to the Carlisle, PA terminal for the Dock Worker interview on 2/24/14 and it was very simple and straightforward with the person basically just telling me about the position and no behavioral-type questions. The interviewer saw my college degree and asked if I was interested in management/supervisor role and I said yes and on my way home YRC called me to come in that same week on 2/26/14 to interview for Dock Supervisor. I accepted, came in two days later, and interviewed with two Operations Managers who went over the position, asked me "some" behavioral questions, but nothing really hard, and then they answered my questions I had about the position itself. For the answers I gave to their questions, they told me to answer them either with a real past experience or how I would handle the situation if I never had a real experience with the question. Then, once I completed both of these two interviews I waited quite a while (a little over a month) until I finally received a job offer of Dock Supervisor on 4/3/14 via email from YRC Freight. I was essentially over-qualified for just Dock Worker and was told that I would be hired for Operations Trainee to train me for a supervisor position, but much to my surprise they offered me Dock Supervisor to start in and move up from there. I was happy about it and definitely accepted it! It definitely pays to be persistent and keep in touch with them about the position you applied to while at the same time persevering and being patient. Overall, they're pretty easy to get into as long as you're qualified for the position and such. I have not started this position yet, but I know I will like it!

Interview Questions
    • None really that I can remember - the entire interview and hiring process was quite simple.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate anything since there was no room for negotiation for this position. They tell you what you start at and what your benefits are after 30 days and that's it. They do, however, answer any and all questions you have, such as if there is a sign-on bonus, but they don't.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, NY

I applied online – interviewed at YRC Freight.

I applied on-line on the website for the position of Dock Worker last year and even called in to the operations manager to inquire on the status of my application. He seemed to be interested and said he would pushed my application threw their HQ in Kansas. When I was interviewed he had a phone conference at the same time which was actually rude and inconsiderate since I was supposed to be interviewed at that time it was scheduled. When he said I was hired, the receptionist informed me that I was supposed to get an a drug test and where I needed to go for that. I never received an info and kept calling about 4 times to find out what was going on. When I looked a on the website again, the position was not listed strangely enough. A few months later I saw it again and applied once more in the fall this time only getting a phone interview, asked questions and then never heard anything ever again for the second time.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at YRC Freight.

I recieved a phone call several months after submiting my application asking me if I was still interested in the position. I had an interview scheduled several days later and was offered the position three days later. I had to wait several days for a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • A simple list of five pre selected questions about previous experience.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YRC Freight.

There were multiple phone interviews and one on site interview with multiple interviewers. The hiring manager was very knowledgeable, upfront, and strategic minded. The group focused on the ability to adapt to changing conditions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly routine. They weren't behavioral interview questions. The interview was fairly unstructured.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Line Haul Driver Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at YRC Freight.

rep came to cdl class told us about the company. for a beginning driver it seems to be the best paying job so far. team drivers are home every week. no weekly co-pay on ins. poor communication with human resources. this is my first choice of places to start driving.