YRC Worldwide Interview Questions

2.4

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YRC Worldwide in September 2014.

Applied through indeed. Got a phone call from the hiring mgr. of the department asking for a quick 20 minute conversation over the phone about resume,etc. Suggested to come in for an person interview the following week. The interview was basic, interviewed with two people ( Procurement Director and Procurement Mgr ). Just basic questions about your experiences with software applications, project management, schooling, certifications, etc. Great experience overall. Waiting for a call back as they wrap up interviews.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YRC Worldwide in May 2014.

filled out application online. was contacted 3 days later to come in for an interview. Interview consisted of an HR guy and a manager complaining about how much the job was going to suck. At the end, asked if I was still interested. A week later I received an offer via email

Interview Questions
    • Its your first day after training and you see freight sitting on the dock. You walk up to a 55 yr old man that has worked here for 30yrs and tell him to move the freight. He looks at you an says" do it yourself". what do you do?   Answer Question

had a few questions that were not answered in the offer. Called and left a message for HR to call me. An hour later was called back by the terminal manager who not only didn't answer any questions but berated me for not immediately accepting the offer.

Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at YRC Worldwide in November 2012.

My interview was very brief, no longer than 5 or 10 minutes. I was asked very basic questions, none that were specifically related to the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase. I didn't receive a phone call from YRC, I received a call from the temp agency (you are hired as a temporary employee to start and after 3-6 months you are evaluated for a full time position if there is one available.) Everyone starts at $11.50/hour, there is no negotiation.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YRC Worldwide in February 2011.

Straightforward application, review, and interview process. Submitted online to a public employment ad. Contacted within a week of submittal by hiring manager and direct report via phone. Successful phone interview led to 1:1 in person interview at actual facility providing an opportunity to view the workplace. Interview took place during the workday operations. Interest expressed and a 2nd interview arranged at which time position was offered.

Interview Questions
    • Technical background questions regarding billing, operations, and systems usage history. No particular off-beat questions such beyond what is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question
    Negotiated start-time.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at YRC Worldwide in September 2010.

Roadway process for hiring was great. They weeded out the people who didn't know how to take online test, then you did a face to face interview with 2 managers. If you passed that you met with your manager.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YRC Worldwide in September 2009.

One on one interviews with 3 different people (HR manager, hiring manager and Director of Ops). Phone interview with Area Director of Sales. Then final interview with hiring manager again. Talk about problems you have overcome in past positions. Talk about building relationships with clients and this is your strongest ability. Talk about selling value over price. Interviewing now will be very different since all the managers have changed positions or been let go.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about you past accomplishments.   View Answer
    • Tell me about closing a sale using value over price.   View Answer
    Stick to your guns because chances are they will ask you to take a pay cut at some time.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Two interviews, multiple people

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to sacrifice quality to get the job done?   Answer Question

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

I applied online – interviewed at YRC Worldwide in July 2009.

On line application, interview, drug screen back round check, driveing test, 30 day probation

None, take it or leave it.

AEM Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at YRC Worldwide in July 2008.

Hiring process is long and tedious. There is a lot of red tape a potential candindate has to over come in order to get a chance. You really have to know some one to get to the next level. Your qualification does not matter but the key is to know an insider who can put a good for you.

Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at YRC Worldwide in December 2011.

Applied online and was contacted by an HR person to conduct a prelimnary interview. After the conclusion a faceto face interview with hiring manager was scheduled. Had interview with hiring manager and at that timehe said he wanted me to come in for a second interview. After a week with no word from the company, i called to inquire as to my status amd at that time was scheduled for a second interview with another manager. Interviewed with the 2nd manager and then waited another week with no contact so I called to follow up again. hiring manager indicated I was one of his top candidates and he was working through the process with HR and might potentially be making an offer. Offer was finally presented after I called to follow up a fourth time.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when an employee challenged you on a work assigment.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to make a decision on your own without consulting anyone. what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. Prettymuch a take it or leave it proposition. Salary requirements were never introduced at any time prior to a written offer being presented. Make sure to address salary expectations even if the hiring manager does not bring it up.