YWCA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.6

Development Associate Interview

I had one meeting with the ED. They hired me on the spot with no further interviewing or vetting. My being hired had nothing to do with my skills and everything to do with who I knew.

No negotiation offered.

Administration Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA.

5 people interviewed me, asked regular questions, mainly about the nature of the job.

Interview Questions
    • How you do your daily work!!! I dont know what that means   Answer Question

The pay was less than what expected

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YWCA.

I received an email response to an online submission. Setting up the interview was relatively smooth, although the person setting up the interview was not clear on who I was meeting with. The interview was fine. It seemed we would go to the next stage, but then (as sometimes happened) no one called. After almost a month, I checked in. No reply. 10 months later the position is still posted. Strange.

Development Intern Interview

Friendly and welcoming, overall a great interview experience

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at YWCA in August 2013.

Met with HR, they directed me to Labcorp facility by my house for a drug test and background check. Was given offer after I successfully completed both.

No negotiation. $10 an hour, $15 an hour for OT

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Very impressive process. The interviewers asked several challenging questions that displayed their commitment to hire the best candidate. They freely shared their input about the organization and the job and their passion for the YWCA.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult client you've served (with follow-up probing questions)   Answer Question
    very reasonable and fair. In general, negotiation is limited or nil in most nonprofits

Executive Director Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Submitted resume, one phone call, one interview by the entire board and no followup by them. No phone call, no thanks anyway, no letter indicating someone else was selected. Very unprofessional. I sent a thank you note to the interviewers and followed-up with a phone call. Neither one resulted in any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Understanding you are currently looking for work, what would it take for you to say no to this position?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale Heights, IL

Postive and comfortable interview process.

They do not meet salary negotiation. Expect little pay with no raise.

Marketing and Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at YWCA in November 2012.

First step is a phone interview. Manager was friendly and respectful. Not much small talk, got right to a list of previously prepared questions.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss your best experience working with a team of people   View Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at YWCA in February 2011.

The interview itself was fairly easy and not intimidating. However, it seemed as though the Human Resources person that did the interview did not understand the program (fitness) that the interview was about. They were not able to elaborate or give "fitness" examples of the questions. The questions were probably used across the board with EVERY department at the YWCA.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for growth within the company. And get used to the mission statement, they DRIVE it into you every day.