YWCA Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

2.6

Crisis Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YWCA (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview of three// average questions// strengths and weaknesses as well as scenario cases// laid back environment// it was easy to converse with the panel// not intimidating or overwhelming at all// the position did not have a exact start date, it seemed as if everything was still in the works// job post advertised job as 1st shift but panel discussed needing flexibility and possibly working other shift.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle or prioritize a client in the shelter needing assistance, a caller on the crisis line, and an officer bringing a client in?   1 Answer

Family Outreach Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Panel interview. Questions were typical, like strengths and weaknesses. They ask workplace scenarios and how well you get along with others. They took notes so make eye contact and speak clearly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations really....

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

I applied online and took about one week and they called me to set up an interview in person and took me a tour in their office building. The process took about 30 minutes, asking basic questions, and also some real-life situation questions about kids.

Interview Questions

• one question that if you are in a class with kids, and someone from the government/ office meets you and would love to talk to you, what would you do?   1 Answer

Relief Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA.

Interview

I applied online, got a call 1-2 weeks later. The manager was friendly and approachable during the interview, answered all my questions. It was a positive environment and experience.

Interview Questions

• What does empowerment mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time that you were disappointed with the outcome (preferably in a job setting).   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a client wanted to leave the shelter and return to an unstable environment?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YWCA (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Came into an interview the next day to the school. Met with the interviewers and saw a lot in the process. After the interview they indicated I should get 3 references and 3 recommendation letters which had to be put on a letterhead and signed by the recommenders.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel in discussing gender and race with youth?   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Applied in person, very easy and fast process. just the basic questions like tell me about your self. asked about what software i am familiar with. Also ask about company history and what iknow about the history of the organization

Development Associate Interview

Interview

I had one meeting with the ED. They hired me on the spot with no further interviewing or vetting. My being hired had nothing to do with my skills and everything to do with who I knew.

Negotiation

No negotiation offered.

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA.

Interview

5 people interviewed me, asked regular questions, mainly about the nature of the job.

Interview Questions

• How you do your daily work!!! I dont know what that means   Answer Question

The pay was less than what expected

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YWCA (Boston, MA).

Interview

I received an email response to an online submission. Setting up the interview was relatively smooth, although the person setting up the interview was not clear on who I was meeting with. The interview was fine. It seemed we would go to the next stage, but then (as sometimes happened) no one called. After almost a month, I checked in. No reply. 10 months later the position is still posted. Strange.

Development Intern Interview

Interview

Friendly and welcoming, overall a great interview experience