YWCA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.8

Web Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YWCA (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later HR emailed me and asked if I would be interested in doing a phone interview. I said yes and the next day I had a short phone interview that went well and I was asked to submit writing samples. I did and was told they world be in touch, which they never were. Days later I sent a follow up email to touch base but never heard back. The HR manager was very nice, but it would have appreciated it if they had followed up like they promised.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA in July 2015.

Interview

The questions were average and nothing too unexpected. The interviewers were friendly and made me feel comfortable. The interview was longer than I thought it would be. There was a lot of questions. The questions seemed like the job would have paid more because there was a lot expected. Also, I had to wait 2 weeks to hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general office questions like what are my computer skills, how fast do I type, and how many years of experience I have.   Answer Question

Crisis Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YWCA (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview of three// average questions// strengths and weaknesses as well as scenario cases// laid back environment// it was easy to converse with the panel// not intimidating or overwhelming at all// the position did not have a exact start date, it seemed as if everything was still in the works// job post advertised job as 1st shift but panel discussed needing flexibility and possibly working other shift.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle or prioritize a client in the shelter needing assistance, a caller on the crisis line, and an officer bringing a client in?   1 Answer

Relief Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

I applied online, got a call 1-2 weeks later. The manager was friendly and approachable during the interview, answered all my questions. It was a positive environment and experience.

Interview Questions

• What does empowerment mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time that you were disappointed with the outcome (preferably in a job setting).   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a client wanted to leave the shelter and return to an unstable environment?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YWCA (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Came into an interview the next day to the school. Met with the interviewers and saw a lot in the process. After the interview they indicated I should get 3 references and 3 recommendation letters which had to be put on a letterhead and signed by the recommenders.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel in discussing gender and race with youth?   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YWCA (Boston, MA).

Interview

I received an email response to an online submission. Setting up the interview was relatively smooth, although the person setting up the interview was not clear on who I was meeting with. The interview was fine. It seemed we would go to the next stage, but then (as sometimes happened) no one called. After almost a month, I checked in. No reply. 10 months later the position is still posted. Strange.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume, one phone call, one interview by the entire board and no followup by them. No phone call, no thanks anyway, no letter indicating someone else was selected. Very unprofessional. I sent a thank you note to the interviewers and followed-up with a phone call. Neither one resulted in any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Understanding you are currently looking for work, what would it take for you to say no to this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YWCA in November 2012.

Interview

First step is a phone interview. Manager was friendly and respectful. Not much small talk, got right to a list of previously prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your best experience working with a team of people   1 Answer

MFT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YWCA (San Jose, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I found out about the job post through Craigslist and sent in my resume. Within the week, they contacted me by phone and asked me some initial screening interview questions to make sure I understood the requirements of the job and the pay options (which was typical for an MFT intern - low) and to clarify any general questions (e.g. if I was bilingual, what work scheduling was like). They asked me to come in for an in-person interview. The San Jose offices were small and professional, and I found the staff to be friendly and professional, too.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss a time when you've had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question