YWCA Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Direct Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YWCA in October 2008.

Received a phone call a few weeks after submitting my resume/cover letter. Person conducted phone interview which included questions like "Why are people poor?" "Where do you expect to be in 5 years?" I was then scheduled for a in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of the supervisor and the supervisor's supervisor. Asked lots of general and behavior based questions. After the interview, I was scheduled for a 2nd interview. I received the offer the day after my 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    Salary was as posted. No negotiation.

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Very impressive process. The interviewers asked several challenging questions that displayed their commitment to hire the best candidate. They freely shared their input about the organization and the job and their passion for the YWCA.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult client you've served (with follow-up probing questions)   Answer Question
    very reasonable and fair. In general, negotiation is limited or nil in most nonprofits

Employment Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at YWCA.

Two interviews followed promptly by a job offer. The interviews were both panel interviews with each panelist taking turns asking a predetermined series of questions. You must know the YWCA mission and be clear that you are a good fit. There was also a practical test to assess computer skills.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever experienced an ethical dilemma with a client?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on salary. All employment counsellors made the same hourly wage regardless of their education or experience.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at YWCA in April 2009.

Very long and tedious interview and hiring process. Overall it took nearly 30 days to go through all the steps. This can hinder potential staff if they have other interested employers

non existent

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YWCA in March 2012.

I recieved a phone call in response to my application and resume submission. There were 2 interviews done in total, both with more than one interviewer. They were direct, but nice people, asking basic interview questions (based on past experiences, your background in the field, etc). HR do not carry out the interviews, you will be meeting your boss directly for them. Interviews are done in meeting/conference rooms, 2 chairs facing one. Be prepared with information you know about the organisation and their industry.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are quite standard, nothing out of the ordinary. The classic hard ones are : What challenges did you face at your last job and how did you manage it? They place emphasis on workplace relationships and will ask how you would deal with difficult colleagues.   Answer Question
    Very brief and straightforward, no gimmicks. Give your expected range and they will make you an offer fairly.

MFT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at YWCA in May 2009.

I found out about the job post through Craigslist and sent in my resume. Within the week, they contacted me by phone and asked me some initial screening interview questions to make sure I understood the requirements of the job and the pay options (which was typical for an MFT intern - low) and to clarify any general questions (e.g. if I was bilingual, what work scheduling was like). They asked me to come in for an in-person interview. The San Jose offices were small and professional, and I found the staff to be friendly and professional, too.

Interview Questions
    • Please discuss a time when you've had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Marketing and Communications Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at YWCA in November 2012.

First step is a phone interview. Manager was friendly and respectful. Not much small talk, got right to a list of previously prepared questions.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss your best experience working with a team of people   View Answer

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YWCA.

I received an email response to an online submission. Setting up the interview was relatively smooth, although the person setting up the interview was not clear on who I was meeting with. The interview was fine. It seemed we would go to the next stage, but then (as sometimes happened) no one called. After almost a month, I checked in. No reply. 10 months later the position is still posted. Strange.

Executive Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Submitted resume, one phone call, one interview by the entire board and no followup by them. No phone call, no thanks anyway, no letter indicating someone else was selected. Very unprofessional. I sent a thank you note to the interviewers and followed-up with a phone call. Neither one resulted in any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Understanding you are currently looking for work, what would it take for you to say no to this position?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YWCA.

5 people interviewed me, asked regular questions, mainly about the nature of the job.

Interview Questions
    • How you do your daily work!!! I dont know what that means   Answer Question

The pay was less than what expected

Worked for YWCA? Contribute to the Community!