YWCA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.6

Executive Director Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Submitted resume, one phone call, one interview by the entire board and no followup by them. No phone call, no thanks anyway, no letter indicating someone else was selected. Very unprofessional. I sent a thank you note to the interviewers and followed-up with a phone call. Neither one resulted in any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Understanding you are currently looking for work, what would it take for you to say no to this position?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plainsboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at YWCA in June 2010.

Sat down on some bleachers and got handed some forms. No real questions as I was already certified for position. Was told that as long as my background check came out clean I would be hired.

Development Associate Interview

I had one meeting with the ED. They hired me on the spot with no further interviewing or vetting. My being hired had nothing to do with my skills and everything to do with who I knew.

No negotiation offered.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at YWCA in February 2011.

The interview itself was fairly easy and not intimidating. However, it seemed as though the Human Resources person that did the interview did not understand the program (fitness) that the interview was about. They were not able to elaborate or give "fitness" examples of the questions. The questions were probably used across the board with EVERY department at the YWCA.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for growth within the company. And get used to the mission statement, they DRIVE it into you every day.

Administration Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YWCA.

5 people interviewed me, asked regular questions, mainly about the nature of the job.

Interview Questions
    • How you do your daily work!!! I dont know what that means   Answer Question

The pay was less than what expected

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YWCA.

I received an email response to an online submission. Setting up the interview was relatively smooth, although the person setting up the interview was not clear on who I was meeting with. The interview was fine. It seemed we would go to the next stage, but then (as sometimes happened) no one called. After almost a month, I checked in. No reply. 10 months later the position is still posted. Strange.

Employment Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at YWCA.

Two interviews followed promptly by a job offer. The interviews were both panel interviews with each panelist taking turns asking a predetermined series of questions. You must know the YWCA mission and be clear that you are a good fit. There was also a practical test to assess computer skills.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever experienced an ethical dilemma with a client?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on salary. All employment counsellors made the same hourly wage regardless of their education or experience.

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YWCA in March 2010.

I was recruited, interviewed with a panel, completed application and hired.

I was plesed witht he offer no negotiation needed.

Development Intern Interview

Friendly and welcoming, overall a great interview experience

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YWCA in August 2013.

Met with HR, they directed me to Labcorp facility by my house for a drug test and background check. Was given offer after I successfully completed both.

No negotiation. $10 an hour, $15 an hour for OT

Worked for YWCA? Contribute to the Community!