YWCA

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.5

Relief Advocate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA.

I applied online, got a call 1-2 weeks later. The manager was friendly and approachable during the interview, answered all my questions. It was a positive environment and experience.

Interview Questions
    • What does empowerment mean to you?   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time that you were disappointed with the outcome (preferably in a job setting).   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a client wanted to leave the shelter and return to an unstable environment?   Answer Question

Childcare Provider Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA in August 2012.

The interview consisted mostly of questions about how I would deal with situations in a childcare setting. For example, how would you deal with two preschoolers fighting? I was asked how I have dealt with diversity in my life.

Interview Questions
    The job listing stated that the hourly wage was 9.00 an hour.

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YWCA in October 2014.

I applied online. Came into an interview the next day to the school. Met with the interviewers and saw a lot in the process. After the interview they indicated I should get 3 references and 3 recommendation letters which had to be put on a letterhead and signed by the recommenders.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable do you feel in discussing gender and race with youth?   Answer Question

Recreation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgewood, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YWCA in September 2010.

The interview process is not difficult. After applying, I received a call back within a couple of days. The interview questions are: describe yourself in three words, what are your previous experiences with children like.

Bookkeeper Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at YWCA.

Applied in person, very easy and fast process. just the basic questions like tell me about your self. asked about what software i am familiar with. Also ask about company history and what iknow about the history of the organization

Executive Director Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Submitted resume, one phone call, one interview by the entire board and no followup by them. No phone call, no thanks anyway, no letter indicating someone else was selected. Very unprofessional. I sent a thank you note to the interviewers and followed-up with a phone call. Neither one resulted in any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Understanding you are currently looking for work, what would it take for you to say no to this position?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at YWCA in June 2010.

Sat down on some bleachers and got handed some forms. No real questions as I was already certified for position. Was told that as long as my background check came out clean I would be hired.

Development Associate Interview

I had one meeting with the ED. They hired me on the spot with no further interviewing or vetting. My being hired had nothing to do with my skills and everything to do with who I knew.

No negotiation offered.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at YWCA in February 2011.

The interview itself was fairly easy and not intimidating. However, it seemed as though the Human Resources person that did the interview did not understand the program (fitness) that the interview was about. They were not able to elaborate or give "fitness" examples of the questions. The questions were probably used across the board with EVERY department at the YWCA.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for growth within the company. And get used to the mission statement, they DRIVE it into you every day.

Administration Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA.

5 people interviewed me, asked regular questions, mainly about the nature of the job.

Interview Questions
    • How you do your daily work!!! I dont know what that means   Answer Question

The pay was less than what expected