Yahoo Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview. Then met with 4-5 of people in 1 day. It was pretty relaxed. They asked about some specific accounts and executions I had done in the past for advertisers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Incredibly slow process. Phone screen first, in person interview with manager 1:1, group panel interview with current AM's and then another group panel interview with AD's, final interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where something went wrong with a client, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

the interview process was very fair. the questions were very straight forward and relevant to the open position. i did, however, have to meet with a lot of people on the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly basic, as I was a referral. I had an initial phone interview from a HR recruiter or talent acquisitions manager. The phone call lasted maybe 10 - 15 minutes and was very top line. I then scheduled an interview to meet a potential manager. This interview went well and I set up a 3rd interview to meet a Director, in which I was required to put together a brief Powerpoint presentation on Yahoo!. I didn't take the job, but the interview process wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have that would be applicable to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

I was already an Associate Account Manager when the Manager of Account Management reached out to me about an open AM position. I had one 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and then received a follow up call from HR to discuss the package.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think are necessary to be a successful Account Manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had just receieved a raise as a part of our annual review process for my time spent as an Associate Account Manager. I got the Account Manager promotion shortly thereafter so I was able to negotiate an additional 5% on top of the initial offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 face to face ones held in the same day. Really helpful and polite. Made me feel at ease and explained the whole process and how long I would expect to wait before hearing back.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Just a meeting with the HR and the managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fast

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with recruiter, scheduled face-to-face interview with hiring manager and one director. Asked standard interview questions and discussed the industry a bit, interview went really well and invited for second stage interviews with a director and another manager. Again went really well. Got positive feedback from all, and was told they will be preparing an offer. I was then, to my astonishment, told that the position has been cancelled due to headcount review.