Yahoo

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was already an Associate Account Manager when the Manager of Account Management reached out to me about an open AM position. I had one 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and then received a follow up call from HR to discuss the package.

Interview Question – What qualities do you think are necessary to be a successful Account Manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had just receieved a raise as a part of our annual review process for my time spent as an Associate Account Manager. I got the Account Manager promotion shortly thereafter so I was able to negotiate an additional 5% on top of the initial offer.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly basic, as I was a referral. I had an initial phone interview from a HR recruiter or talent acquisitions manager. The phone call lasted maybe 10 - 15 minutes and was very top line. I then scheduled an interview to meet a potential manager. This interview went well and I set up a 3rd interview to meet a Director, in which I was required to put together a brief Powerpoint presentation on Yahoo!.

I didn't take the job, but the interview process wasn't too bad.

Interview Question – What kind of experience do you have that would be applicable to this position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Munich (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Yahoo in August 2013.

Interview Details – one 1st phone screen, followed by 2 interviews with each 2 Yahoos. Basic questions, they give the feeling that they don't know where they're going, what they want. You have to wait for months (!!) until you receive a feedback. Not other company has waisted so much of my time before.

Interview Question – easy questions, nothing seems to be organised   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary, process duration, interviews were not professionnal

Account Manager
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – Just a meeting with the HR and the managers

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fast

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – Had a brief phone interview with recruiter, scheduled face-to-face interview with hiring manager and one director.
Asked standard interview questions and discussed the industry a bit, interview went really well and invited for second stage interviews with a director and another manager. Again went really well.
Got positive feedback from all, and was told they will be preparing an offer.
I was then, to my astonishment, told that the position has been cancelled due to headcount review.

Interview Question – Nothing.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees and interview candidates.