Yahoo Interview Questions in Champaign, IL

Updated Sep 4, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Anlysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2014.

I was referred by the current employee at Yahoo! and have three interviews, two on-site interviews and one phone interview. On-site interviews, the managers mainly talked about what kind of projects they are doing and Yahoo! culture, and also asked me why I chose Yahoo!.

Interview Questions
    • Technically, they asked me a few questions about machine learning, like the difference between clustering and classification, and database questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in December 2013.

Applied Online - Contacted by Director/Manager. 1 Phone Interview - reviewing your resume, programming/development experience and a simple algorithm question.

Whole day of onsite interviews - 1 manager interview describing work at Champaign, 4 1:1 interviews with developers/architect and followed by a wrap up interview with another manager.

1 interview on object oriented design, 1 interview on Algorithms, 2 interviews on topics of your choice

Questions were stupid and uncharacteristic of a good software engineering company. Algorithm interview were a joke. Object oriented design interview was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in October 2013.

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in October 2013.
    Interview Details – One phone screen followed by a full day of interviews. The full day interview has the following interviewer: 1 manager talk about their detailed business line, 4 developers asking questions about regular expression, your projects, big data and software structure design. 1 manager the wrap up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Two phone screen followed by a full day of interviews. It was a mixed bag because some engineer are real good to prepare for interview, others more random. One was very poorly dressed and really stinking. Two interviewers worked on a problem that they had faced. These were very good. One was annoying because he kept on hinting that I did not know some acronyms and terms as well as he did. Maybe such people are everywhere. Had a good lunch with no interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2013.

Applied through yahoo careers. Hiring manager emailed me a few days later to set up a phone screen. Asked questions about my resume and experience. A few days after that was asked to come in for onsite interview. Onsite consisted of 4 groups of 2 interviewers, out to lunch with 2 guys (non-technical, very relaxed; talked about sports, hobbies, families, etc), and 1:1 with the hiring manager. Everyone was very nice and respectful. Each group asked some general resume questions and had me explain some of my previous work. Then had me work through a problem on a whiteboard. A few days after the interview received an email letting me know that I did not have some of the technical skills they were seeking and therefore was not getting an offer. Wasn't the worst interview I've ever had. Thought I did well despite not having as much experience in certain areas as they were wanting and was disappointed that I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • given a hypothetical map, asked how to get data between locations in best manner. kept adding new conditions each time I solved the current problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yahoo in May 2011.

I was recruited through my University and first had a phone interview which consisted of basic OOP questions and my experiences. I was brought on-site a week later and had 5 1:1 interviews. First one was just getting to know the hierarchy of the company. Second one was reverse engineering - programming errors were provided and solutions had to be found. Third was algorithm and logic based. Fourth was OS design and problem solving. The last one was SQL. Overall pretty heavy on the technical side with a 10 minute break.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2010.

The position was for a Software Engineer in QA. It was a contract position for 1 year at Yahoo!'s office at Champaign, IL . I was contacted by a team member directly and was asked basic job experience questions. Next I was called on-site where the entire team interviewed me. Five interviews of 45 mins each. Questions tested my Perl and database skills. Some questions related to QA. Got an offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the QA cycle. I found this difficult since I did I am still in school with non QA experience.   Answer Question
    • What is pine? What is pico ?   View Answer

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!