Yahoo Interview Questions in Champaign, IL

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews one hour each. They asked questions mostly on data structures and past projects. Once I cleared the first round, I moved to the second round. They gave the result an hour after the second interview. Overall good interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a single linked list , how would you find the middle of the linked list?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

First round of Phone interview.Questions were general , More on Resume. Also this position is for a Big Data Team in Champaign,Illinois. 1 ) Basics of Java 2 ) One Design question on how you would design chess board 3 ) basics on sql - creating a table,joins,having by,aggregate functions 4 ) Basics on unix/linux 5) One question on scalability

Interview Questions

• Some puzzles , may be the question was easy , just couldn’t understand the language - how would you distribute 1000 potatoes in 10 baskets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

phone interview about oop, coding, OS, threads, and so on, I did well. then I went to onsite at champaign, il. 4 rounds of technical interview. I did well except that a rude, strong-accent indian guy asked me corner knowlegde about linux shell programming and perl.

Data Anlysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by the current employee at Yahoo! and have three interviews, two on-site interviews and one phone interview. On-site interviews, the managers mainly talked about what kind of projects they are doing and Yahoo! culture, and also asked me why I chose Yahoo!.

Interview Questions

• Technically, they asked me a few questions about machine learning, like the difference between clustering and classification, and database questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied Online - Contacted by Director/Manager. 1 Phone Interview - reviewing your resume, programming/development experience and a simple algorithm question. Whole day of onsite interviews - 1 manager interview describing work at Champaign, 4 1:1 interviews with developers/architect and followed by a wrap up interview with another manager. 1 interview on object oriented design, 1 interview on Algorithms, 2 interviews on topics of your choice Questions were stupid and uncharacteristic of a good software engineering company. Algorithm interview were a joke. Object oriented design interview was good.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in October 2013. Interview Details – One phone screen followed by a full day of interviews. The full day interview has the following interviewer: 1 manager talk about their detailed business line, 4 developers asking questions about regular expression, your projects, big data and software structure design. 1 manager the wrap up.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I received information about the position through a school mailing list. Upon contacting one of the engineers, I was asked to come in for a technical interview. There were two technical interviewers in the room and one interviewer interviewing remotely via speaker phone. They let me choose anything from the office vending section.

Interview Questions

• Write a piece of program that will return the first set bit in a binary string. Then optimize the program.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

Interview

I received an email from an ACM mailing list. I replied to it and was asked to come in for a technical interview. There were two senior engineers in the room with one other engineer interviewing remotely via phone. I was asked about my background on Linux machines, then I was asked to solve a programming problem.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary string, write a function that returns the position of the first set bit (1).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Two phone screen followed by a full day of interviews. It was a mixed bag because some engineer are real good to prepare for interview, others more random. One was very poorly dressed and really stinking. Two interviewers worked on a problem that they had faced. These were very good. One was annoying because he kept on hinting that I did not know some acronyms and terms as well as he did. Maybe such people are everywhere. Had a good lunch with no interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Yahoo (Champaign, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through yahoo careers. Hiring manager emailed me a few days later to set up a phone screen. Asked questions about my resume and experience. A few days after that was asked to come in for onsite interview. Onsite consisted of 4 groups of 2 interviewers, out to lunch with 2 guys (non-technical, very relaxed; talked about sports, hobbies, families, etc), and 1:1 with the hiring manager. Everyone was very nice and respectful. Each group asked some general resume questions and had me explain some of my previous work. Then had me work through a problem on a whiteboard. A few days after the interview received an email letting me know that I did not have some of the technical skills they were seeking and therefore was not getting an offer. Wasn't the worst interview I've ever had. Thought I did well despite not having as much experience in certain areas as they were wanting and was disappointed that I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• given a hypothetical map, asked how to get data between locations in best manner. kept adding new conditions each time I solved the current problem.   Answer Question