Yahoo Designer Interview Questions

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee for an interview. I was flown to the Sunnyvale office for a day-long interview. It started with an hour-long portfolio review, with a Q+A toward the end. For the rest of the day I had a 1-to-1 interview with different employees, ranging from a manager, PM, and designers, with a lunch break at noon. Quite a standard procedure.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are an awesome designer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase happened over the phone. The recruiter contacted me and after a brief chat she asked the salary I expected. I had a solid figure in mind based on industry standard, and it was a done deal right after I requested it.

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I received an email from an employee, followed by an email from the recruiter. After a phone interview with the hiring manager, a formal day-long interview meeting was scheduled. I was flown in the night before to a local hotel. The interview started with an hour-long presentation of my portfolio, followed by 1-hour 1:1 interviews, with a lunch break at noon. At 4 o'clock the hiring manager wrapped up the interview meeting.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work on the weekend occasionally?
      (I almost never had to work on the weekend.)

1 Answer

Negotiation

I spoke with the recruiter to negotiate my salary. I asked for a slightly higher than my previous salary, and she said that it was the figure she had in mind.