Yahoo Front End Engineer Interview Questions

1.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2010.

There were 2 phone interviews, which were used to narrow down and identify the team that would conduct the in person interviews. In person there was a series of 4 one on one interviews, back to back, over the course of a few hours. No deeply technical or theoretical quizzes, just enough questions to asses my actual familiarity with front end development and willingness to work on the team, continue to learn, etc.

Interview Questions
  • How would you design a "buddy list" for a user who could have thousands of buddies?   View Answer
I did not negotiate much, but the opportunity was probably there.

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yahoo in August 2010.

Be yourself. The most obvious thing in a group presentation is when you try to fake it or be somebody you're not.

Interview Questions
    • I was told to give a presentation. People had laptops and cellphones during my presentation, at this point I realized it didn't matter much so I rattled on through my presentation.   Answer Question
    Not much, I asked for a 5% more and was shut down, I asked for more options and was told no. They told me, I was given the average salary on the team.

Front End Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2010.

javascript closures, events and some hmtl/css stuff. easy

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

I received a phone call from their recruiter and scheduled me for interview.

I was first interviewed by their senior front end developer.
    His questions were mostly about terminologies which I didn't really like e.g. 'what is DDT?'. I failed to answer some of the trivial questions he asked. I don't think those trivial questions were necessary when your doing development work in the real world because you can easily google the answers and terminologies.

I was then interviewed by their engineering manager. The questions were mostly technical and situational in which I think I did a great job answering them.

Interview Questions
    • What is DTD and a bunch of other objective type questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!