Yahoo Front End Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.0

Front End Engineer Interview

Interview

This is a on campus interview, the process of the interview is very straight forward, a guy look at my resume and ask about some detailed questions regarding it. Then we have worked on a question on a c++ question, which is simply find out all the prime number less than 65536. Then we discussed some web design skills which I've used in my projects. I think I did well, but didn't hear from them since then.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Be yourself. The most obvious thing in a group presentation is when you try to fake it or be somebody you're not.

Interview Questions

• I was told to give a presentation. People had laptops and cellphones during my presentation, at this point I realized it didn't matter much so I rattled on through my presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much, I asked for a 5% more and was shut down, I asked for more options and was told no. They told me, I was given the average salary on the team.

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews, which were used to narrow down and identify the team that would conduct the in person interviews. In person there was a series of 4 one on one interviews, back to back, over the course of a few hours. No deeply technical or theoretical quizzes, just enough questions to asses my actual familiarity with front end development and willingness to work on the team, continue to learn, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a "buddy list" for a user who could have thousands of buddies?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much, but the opportunity was probably there.

Front End Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

javascript closures, events and some hmtl/css stuff. easy

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn by an in house recruiter. Only had the initial phone interview currently and waiting to hear about any possible next stages. Was asked 20 questions about varied subjects ranging from what various acronyms stood for such as HTTP to when is it appropriate to use a button vs an anchor link. Was asked some more maths type questions with a particular focus on probability. These were considerably more difficult

Interview Questions

• You have a bag containing an unlimited amount of tennis balls and five boxes which you are trying to throw then into. For every throw you are guaranteed to get a ball in one box. What is the minimum probability of getting 11 balls in any one box.   2 Answers

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I received a phone call from their recruiter and scheduled me for interview.

I was first interviewed by their senior front end developer.
    His questions were mostly about terminologies which I didn't really like e.g. 'what is DDT?'. I failed to answer some of the trivial questions he asked. I don't think those trivial questions were necessary when your doing development work in the real world because you can easily google the answers and terminologies.

I was then interviewed by their engineering manager. The questions were mostly technical and situational in which I think I did a great job answering them.

Interview Questions

• What is DTD and a bunch of other objective type questions.   Answer Question