Yahoo

Yahoo Human Resources Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo.

Applied online and heard back in a week. Had two phone interviews and then a onsite interview with four team members. All this happened withing 2 weeks.
The process of getting approval for hiring took 6 weeks. The process is very long, just like Google. It goes through the hiring committee and then has to be approved by the Executive committee.

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo.

I was interviewed for multiple positions. The process was fairly lengthy-just about 90 days from contact with the in-house recruiting team until finally being told that I was not selected. During that time I had multiple interviews with a wide variety of people, and four things became very clear:

1) They are working hard to reinvent themselves, and Marissa Mayer's name is on everybody's lips. To the point where I kept trying to think where I had met this person everybody kept referring to so casually but earnestly by first name, as if they had just been talking out in the hallway or I had met her in an early conversation and should have remembered what she said.
    2) They are very middle-management heavy. I met multiple Directors and VPs without having a good clear sense of how they all roll up.
    3) If you don't already have a Silicon Valley pedigree, you're probably not going to be seen as a good "culture" fit. Which is both understandable (any hire that raises eyebrows right now is high-risk) and very frustrating.
    4) There is a pretty high chaos/newbee factor. Many of the people I spoke with were themselves very new to Yahoo, and there seemed to be a lot of job-switching and task handoffs along the way for those who had only been there for a few years.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe how you've had to get consensus with a group"   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in December 2012.

Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Had a couple of phone interview, then onsite.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in May 2011.

My interview started on my final week, so I did the final round on phone. 2 days with 4 ppl, each 45mins

more than what I expect