Yahoo India

55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Allahabad (India)

I interviewed at Yahoo India in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1 lab test , 3 tech interview , 1 HR
DATA STRUCTURE ,ALGORITHM ,NETWORKING

Engineering Manager Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo India in September 2011.

Interview Details – There was some mixup in the times. HR told a particular time via email, but then when I arrived on time, it turned out that the interview was due to start 1 hour earlier (which I was not communicated).

The different rounds were fine, but *too tiring* to be all scheduled in the same day. There were some 7-8 rounds of interviews, often very overlapping kind of questions from different people.

There was a technical architect who came to take a round, but he seemed too busy and preoccupied with his work that was very evident during the round - he was hurried, was not listening properly to what I was saying, and was very narrow in his interviewing approach.

The management rounds were better, but again, a lot of overlap across multiple managers, eventually was a very energy draining experience.

Interview Question – For a management role, the technical architect's questions/round was related to coming up with an technical architecture for a complex data based system. Those nature/depth of those questions would have been more appropriate to a full time technical architect position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo India in May 2012.

Interview Details – A test and then those selected will go for f2f interviews.
Selection process may take over a month

Interview Question – How will you contribute to the team   Answer Question

Technical Escalations Specialist Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yahoo India in July 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call from Yahoo! unexpectedly as I had actually not applied for the role there but I think there was an ongoing opening which needed immediate closure. I Later learnt that was true. Anyway after the first call which was just a 'tell me about yourself' one, the next call happened in 3 days where I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager and a few others from the team. He asked me questions related to my previous role to check my customer centricity and also adaptability to fix out of the blue issues. Basically they are looking for someone who can blend in with the product as and when it is upgraded and be support ready.

Interview Question – They probed me about product and policy advocacy which was not really something i saw coming. I Still went ahead and spoke about clean internet usage which made the mark. You may also want to be prepared on Yahoo! products specially mail and messenger as that is the core product you will be assigned to support.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Although I pushed for negotiation the HR really did not up the ante and since it was Yahoo! i chose to go for the offer. I must have been a little too gullible there.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Guwahati (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yahoo India in December 2011.

Interview Details – Initially there was a written exam, testing the IQ followed by couple of coding rounds testing both hands on experience and skills followed by three technical rounds of the interview and a round with HR.

Interview Question – Most of the questions during the interview were intended to check the way person approach of question. One of the most unexpected question was regarding the bucket sorting.   Answer Question

Sales Trainer Interview

Negotiation Details – I did not negociate

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo India in October 2010.

Interview Details – HR process is unorganized and way to conflicting

Interview Question – Grid engineering   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unsucessful

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Yahoo India.

Interview Details – Had a very bad experience with Yahoo India. Eventhough lot of people suggested its a sinking ship and not to apply with them, I went ahead. I had two telephonic and 4 technical rounds. The HR informed me that the feedback was positive and they will make an offer soon. Then they ask me to interview with another team. The manager of that team asks me a design question and when I attempt to answer them, he gets up, tells me my basics are flawed, switches off the light of conf room and walks away. Them the HR asks me to interview with another team. After completing 11 rounds (went on for 3 months), they still havent made a decision and they blame the upper management.

Interview Question – Standard questions - 25 horses race, tic tac toe etc. Mostly out of careercup website   Answer Question

Release Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yahoo India in February 2013.

Interview Details – For contract position its 2 rounds of interview..

Interview Question – they compare their process ....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was worst.. due to our situation they gain from us

Service Engineer Interview

Service Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo India.

Interview Details – I was recruited through campus recruitment program. There were several rounds. Firstly we had a paper and pen test. That was followed by coding round. Then we had around 3 technical interviews and 1 HR interview.

Interview Question – I really dont remember   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yahoo India

Worked for Yahoo India? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo India interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo India employees and interview candidates.