Yahoo Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2014

2.9

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

interviewed at Yahoo in January 2014.

Submit my resume on a career fair. Got a technical phone interview after 2 months. the questions are about data structure and algorithm. e.g. class of tree in C++. and a coding questions concerning tree traversal DFS and BFS.

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Referred by a friend

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2014.

Contacted by University recruiter. Got phone interview within a week

Interview Questions
    • There's only one coding question, which is about implementing peek() method in ArrayList iterator (get the value of next without moving iterator to next element). You can only use the next() method in the implementation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Yahoo.

Yahoo came to campus for a career fair where I talked to them. We then set up a 30 minute phone interview

Interview Questions
    • It honestly wasn't that difficult. They asked a question about object oriented programming and a simple reverse a string in place.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Yahoo.

The Process took 2-3 weeks. Initial phone interview followed by 2- phone interviews. Still waiting for the HR interview and confirmation.

Interview Questions
    • HTTP post methods, how to make programs compied on different machines (32 and 63 bit) compatible with a single application using them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2013.

The interview was alright. they did ask some pretty tough questions though, but all of them were based on my resume. you should really know everything you put on your resume. Other than that, there is definitely coding, but they let you choose what language you want, I chose java and c.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

After speaking to representatives at a job fair, I received an interest email and from there had a phone interview scheduled. It was a 45 minute technical interview where I coded in a Google Doc. The interviewer had a strong Indian accent that was very difficult to understand and besides that, she wasn't articulate at explaining each problem prompt. It was actually a very frustrating interview. I didn't hear back for three weeks, at which time I got an email saying I had made it to the next round, but at that point I was turned off enough by the process and had already received other offers that I stopped.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question on JavaScript closures, in particular about factory functions. Very specific to JavaScript.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Got an email asking for availability, followed by an email with a scheduled phone interview. Got asked a few resume based questions followed by a couple technical questions. Was then emailed a date for second and final phone interview. Asked more high level big data questions and some behavioral. Was told I would have a decision by the end of the week. After emailing the recruiter back and forth about 2-3 times over the course of two weeks, got the not interested email.

Interview Questions
    • How do you remove a node from a singly linked list, given only that node? (no head)   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

The interview was via phone by the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Write an algorithm that identifies a prime number from a list of numbers ranging 0-100.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2013.

I dropped my resume in university career fair. And I was contacted quickly after that. I got two interviews, both phone screens. The employers are from mail team, but they do have strong accent. I usually ask them to repeat several times to understand the questions. Both of them are really tech based. I expected some chatting about experiences and backgrounds, but the both interviewers just start right with technical questions.
    Questions are broad and basic ones.
    the difference between POST and GET.
    Find unique ints in an array
    something about html css and server side stuff.
    The second interviewer asked more than 10 questions during the call.

Interview Questions

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!