Yahoo Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

1)Late reply from the univ recruiter
2)Ask you any damn questions doesnt even realise its for intern who are here to learn and not answer questions which are for experienced people
3)Doesnt even bother about what I did previously ,one questions and if you cant its over

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Interview

The process took three days. First one on Thursday, and the following on Sunday. The whole process took around a week. I like the interview process, although the second round is a little bit quick due to some computer problems for the recruiter.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. I was called to their office. Then there were two rounds of interview with the team leads of two projects. Very intensive and completely technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. In a string of inputs like 1111... followed by 0000..., how would you detect the first occurrence of 0?
      2. Given a string of words with all the white-spaces removed, and another array of strings as the dictionary of valid words, reintroduce the white-spaces. Do this by recursion only.
      3. Make a square spiral structure using iteration only.

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Interview

Took about a month from start to finish. There were two interviews. Both were done over the phone along with an online collab coding tool. Both of the interviewers were extremely friendly and seemed like they genuinely wanted me to be comfortable enough to answer the questions properly. They were open to multiple solutions to a problem and appreciated the different (efficient) approaches to a problem.

Interview Questions

• First interview: Different ways to find first unique char from a given word, Big O Notation, Qualitative questions.
      Second interview: Find the 10000th Hamming number efficiently, design question

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

They interviewed me few months after talking me to at my college career fair. I had two interviews. The first one was one simple OO concepts and basic programming questions. The second one was more focussed on front end questions and I didn't know the front end concepts really well. It was pretty clear after that I wasn't going to make it after that. I had another deadline just a few days after that so heard back from them regarding it pretty soon.

Even though I didn't get through. I liked their overall interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

2 phone interviews.

I had a negative experience. The person who contacted me asked me if I could interview at a certain time, during which I replied I had an exam and offered many other times for an interview on following days. After a week of no response, I followed up, and was told I will be receiving phone interviews at times other than ones I had listed.

The first interview went well, but the second interviewer seemed to think I was incompetent and disregarded my suggestions for the solution even though he later suggested the same things.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo in September 2014.

Interview

Very bad experience. They sent a new hire for interview who has limited knowledge of anything. Very bad of Yahoo to send such a newbie for interview when I myself have 2+ years of industry experience. Also I was told that I will be reimbursed for cab fare which I never was.

Intern Interview

Interview

Referred by a friend

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Yahoo came to campus for a career fair where I talked to them. We then set up a 30 minute phone interview

Interview Questions

• It honestly wasn't that difficult. They asked a question about object oriented programming and a simple reverse a string in place.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo (La Jolla, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I talked with Yahoo at my college job fair and I was invited to an oncampus interview that will take place a couple of days later. Everything was really prompt - that evening I received an email from an HR rep with more logistic details about the upcoming interview. The employee I spoke to at the fair (who was really nice!) was the one who interviewed me. It was a coding interview and was about an hour long. Unfortunately, I struggled because I wasn't prepared enough, but my interview was very pleasant throughout the whole thing. Overall, it was a positive learning experience and I recommend college students to apply for internships with Yahoo.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to solve the maximum subarray problem on pen and paper.   Answer Question