Yahoo

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I interviewed at Yahoo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submit my resume on a career fair. Got a technical phone interview after 2 months. the questions are about data structure and algorithm. e.g. class of tree in C++. and a coding questions concerning tree traversal DFS and BFS.

Interview Question – No any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details – Referred by a friend

Interview Question – How do you get the min of a stack in O(1) time?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by University recruiter. Got phone interview within a week

Interview Question – There's only one coding question, which is about implementing peek() method in ArrayList iterator (get the value of next without moving iterator to next element). You can only use the next() method in the implementation.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – Yahoo came to campus for a career fair where I talked to them. We then set up a 30 minute phone interview

Interview Question – It honestly wasn't that difficult. They asked a question about object oriented programming and a simple reverse a string in place.   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – The Process took 2-3 weeks. Initial phone interview followed by 2- phone interviews. Still waiting for the HR interview and confirmation.

Interview Question – HTTP post methods, how to make programs compied on different machines (32 and 63 bit) compatible with a single application using them.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was alright. they did ask some pretty tough questions though, but all of them were based on my resume. you should really know everything you put on your resume. Other than that, there is definitely coding, but they let you choose what language you want, I chose java and c.

Interview Question – Implement a Sparse Matrix   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – After speaking to representatives at a job fair, I received an interest email and from there had a phone interview scheduled. It was a 45 minute technical interview where I coded in a Google Doc. The interviewer had a strong Indian accent that was very difficult to understand and besides that, she wasn't articulate at explaining each problem prompt. It was actually a very frustrating interview. I didn't hear back for three weeks, at which time I got an email saying I had made it to the next round, but at that point I was turned off enough by the process and had already received other offers that I stopped.

Interview Question – There was a question on JavaScript closures, in particular about factory functions. Very specific to JavaScript.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email asking for availability, followed by an email with a scheduled phone interview. Got asked a few resume based questions followed by a couple technical questions. Was then emailed a date for second and final phone interview. Asked more high level big data questions and some behavioral. Was told I would have a decision by the end of the week. After emailing the recruiter back and forth about 2-3 times over the course of two weeks, got the not interested email.

Interview Question – How do you remove a node from a singly linked list, given only that node? (no head)   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was via phone by the hiring manager

Interview Question – Write an algorithm that identifies a prime number from a list of numbers ranging 0-100.   View Answers (2)

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2013.

Interview Details – I dropped my resume in university career fair. And I was contacted quickly after that. I got two interviews, both phone screens. The employers are from mail team, but they do have strong accent. I usually ask them to repeat several times to understand the questions. Both of them are really tech based. I expected some chatting about experiences and backgrounds, but the both interviewers just start right with technical questions.
Questions are broad and basic ones.
the difference between POST and GET.
Find unique ints in an array
something about html css and server side stuff.
The second interviewer asked more than 10 questions during the call.

Interview Question – How to deal with large traffic on a website.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo Intern interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees and interview candidates.