Yahoo Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

1)Late reply from the univ recruiter 2)Ask you any damn questions doesnt even realise its for intern who are here to learn and not answer questions which are for experienced people 3)Doesnt even bother about what I did previously ,one questions and if you cant its over

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. I was called to their office. Then there were two rounds of interview with the team leads of two projects. Very intensive and completely technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. In a string of inputs like 1111... followed by 0000..., how would you detect the first occurrence of 0? 2. Given a string of words with all the white-spaces removed, and another array of strings as the dictionary of valid words, reintroduce the white-spaces. Do this by recursion only. 3. Make a square spiral structure using iteration only.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2007.

Interview

Yahoo took a long time to give a decision after the interview. I got one phone interview and one on-campus interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and was asked coding questions. The on-site interview consisted of both personality questions and coding questions. The HR rep who organized the interview was very prompt in all requests and setting things up. However, I got the official offer about a month after my second interview. Basically, the manager didn't finalize on his end after the interview. I usually push for decisions by the end of the week, but Yahoo chose to drag it out to the very end. However, in the end, it all worked out.

Interview Questions

• Write a function given x, the function returns the xth number in the Fibonacci sequence.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was alright. they did ask some pretty tough questions though, but all of them were based on my resume. you should really know everything you put on your resume. Other than that, there is definitely coding, but they let you choose what language you want, I chose java and c.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was via phone by the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that identifies a prime number from a list of numbers ranging 0-100.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I dropped my resume in university career fair. And I was contacted quickly after that. I got two interviews, both phone screens. The employers are from mail team, but they do have strong accent. I usually ask them to repeat several times to understand the questions. Both of them are really tech based. I expected some chatting about experiences and backgrounds, but the both interviewers just start right with technical questions. Questions are broad and basic ones. the difference between POST and GET. Find unique ints in an array something about html css and server side stuff. The second interviewer asked more than 10 questions during the call.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

2 phone interviews. I had a negative experience. The person who contacted me asked me if I could interview at a certain time, during which I replied I had an exam and offered many other times for an interview on following days. After a week of no response, I followed up, and was told I will be receiving phone interviews at times other than ones I had listed. The first interview went well, but the second interviewer seemed to think I was incompetent and disregarded my suggestions for the solution even though he later suggested the same things.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo in November 2013.

Interview

Applied at campus job fair. Heard back in a about 2 weeks and had 2 technical phone interviews about a week apart for the mobile team. Both were pretty straightforward questions and interviewers were very nice. Talked a bit about past projects as well. Received offer within a few weeks. Overall a great interview process!

Interview Questions

• Questions were not too difficult. One was: given 2 sorted arrays (of length 2n and n), merge into one sorted array.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

They interviewed me few months after talking me to at my college career fair. I had two interviews. The first one was one simple OO concepts and basic programming questions. The second one was more focussed on front end questions and I didn't know the front end concepts really well. It was pretty clear after that I wasn't going to make it after that. I had another deadline just a few days after that so heard back from them regarding it pretty soon. Even though I didn't get through. I liked their overall interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Yahoo came to campus for a career fair where I talked to them. We then set up a 30 minute phone interview

Interview Questions

• It honestly wasn't that difficult. They asked a question about object oriented programming and a simple reverse a string in place.   1 Answer