Yahoo

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Yahoo in April 2007.

Yahoo took a long time to give a decision after the interview. I got one phone interview and one on-campus interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and was asked coding questions. The on-site interview consisted of both personality questions and coding questions. The HR rep who organized the interview was very prompt in all requests and setting things up. However, I got the official offer about a month after my second interview. Basically, the manager didn't finalize on his end after the interview. I usually push for decisions by the end of the week, but Yahoo chose to drag it out to the very end. However, in the end, it all worked out.

Interview Questions
  • Write a function given x, the function returns the xth number in the Fibonacci sequence.   View Answers (4)

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

The interview was via phone by the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Write an algorithm that identifies a prime number from a list of numbers ranging 0-100.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in September 2013.

The interview was alright. they did ask some pretty tough questions though, but all of them were based on my resume. you should really know everything you put on your resume. Other than that, there is definitely coding, but they let you choose what language you want, I chose java and c.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Got an email asking for availability, followed by an email with a scheduled phone interview. Got asked a few resume based questions followed by a couple technical questions. Was then emailed a date for second and final phone interview. Asked more high level big data questions and some behavioral. Was told I would have a decision by the end of the week. After emailing the recruiter back and forth about 2-3 times over the course of two weeks, got the not interested email.

Interview Questions
    • How do you remove a node from a singly linked list, given only that node? (no head)   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Yahoo.

Yahoo came to campus for a career fair where I talked to them. We then set up a 30 minute phone interview

Interview Questions
    • It honestly wasn't that difficult. They asked a question about object oriented programming and a simple reverse a string in place.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in January 2014.

Contacted by University recruiter. Got phone interview within a week

Interview Questions
    • There's only one coding question, which is about implementing peek() method in ArrayList iterator (get the value of next without moving iterator to next element). You can only use the next() method in the implementation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at Yahoo in January 2014.

Submit my resume on a career fair. Got a technical phone interview after 2 months. the questions are about data structure and algorithm. e.g. class of tree in C++. and a coding questions concerning tree traversal DFS and BFS.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in March 2013.

I dropped my resume in university career fair. And I was contacted quickly after that. I got two interviews, both phone screens. The employers are from mail team, but they do have strong accent. I usually ask them to repeat several times to understand the questions. Both of them are really tech based. I expected some chatting about experiences and backgrounds, but the both interviewers just start right with technical questions.
    Questions are broad and basic ones.
    the difference between POST and GET.
    Find unique ints in an array
    something about html css and server side stuff.
    The second interviewer asked more than 10 questions during the call.

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo in January 2008.

The interview didn't focus on the boring algorithm/coding problems. We spent most time discussing the open problems related to the group's work. It's more flexible and it's not possible to prepare. I like this format though. I was feeling relaxed and it was like chatting.

Interview Questions
    • What is the largest possible number of internal nodes in a red-black
      tree with black-height k? What is the smallest possible number?

View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in August 2010.

Had a phone interview because I was going to do a study abroad internship for a short period during the summer. Great communication skills asked me questions about my team work.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe how you overcame an issue on a team related issue?   Answer Question