Yahoo

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – three phone interviews with analysts and then marketing director. It's very pleasant and informative. I learnt a lot about the work they are doing. They also gave feedbacks on my performance which I find extremely helpful in my future job search

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – After speaking to representatives at a job fair, I received an interest email and from there had a phone interview scheduled. It was a 45 minute technical interview where I coded in a Google Doc. The interviewer had a strong Indian accent that was very difficult to understand and besides that, she wasn't articulate at explaining each problem prompt. It was actually a very frustrating interview. I didn't hear back for three weeks, at which time I got an email saying I had made it to the next round, but at that point I was turned off enough by the process and had already received other offers that I stopped.

Interview Question – There was a question on JavaScript closures, in particular about factory functions. Very specific to JavaScript.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – The Process took 2-3 weeks. Initial phone interview followed by 2- phone interviews. Still waiting for the HR interview and confirmation.

Interview Question – HTTP post methods, how to make programs compied on different machines (32 and 63 bit) compatible with a single application using them.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details – Referred by a friend

Interview Question – How do you get the min of a stack in O(1) time?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in October 2011.

Interview Details – I heard about the position through a friend, emailed her contact and was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview with the team. I was called a few days later and offered the job

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time where you overcame adversity   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Yahoo in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred to by another intern and sent my curriculum vitae through him. I received a phone call within 2 days. He asked me all sort of questions from my curriculum vitae, about my experiences and was impressed by my previous internships.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Taipei (Taiwan)

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details – Two onsite interviews. One by HR and one by a engineering team.

Interview Question – Algorithms   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email asking for availability, followed by an email with a scheduled phone interview. Got asked a few resume based questions followed by a couple technical questions. Was then emailed a date for second and final phone interview. Asked more high level big data questions and some behavioral. Was told I would have a decision by the end of the week. After emailing the recruiter back and forth about 2-3 times over the course of two weeks, got the not interested email.

Interview Question – How do you remove a node from a singly linked list, given only that node? (no head)   View Answer

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview didn't focus on the boring algorithm/coding problems. We spent most time discussing the open problems related to the group's work. It's more flexible and it's not possible to prepare. I like this format though. I was feeling relaxed and it was like chatting.

Interview Question – What is the largest possible number of internal nodes in a red-black
tree with black-height k? What is the smallest possible number?
  View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in August 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview because I was going to do a study abroad internship for a short period during the summer. Great communication skills asked me questions about my team work.

Interview Question – Please describe how you overcame an issue on a team related issue?   Answer Question

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!