Yahoo

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – three phone interviews with analysts and then marketing director. It's very pleasant and informative. I learnt a lot about the work they are doing. They also gave feedbacks on my performance which I find extremely helpful in my future job search

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – After speaking to representatives at a job fair, I received an interest email and from there had a phone interview scheduled. It was a 45 minute technical interview where I coded in a Google Doc. The interviewer had a strong Indian accent that was very difficult to understand and besides that, she wasn't articulate at explaining each problem prompt. It was actually a very frustrating interview. I didn't hear back for three weeks, at which time I got an email saying I had made it to the next round, but at that point I was turned off enough by the process and had already received other offers that I stopped.

Interview Question – There was a question on JavaScript closures, in particular about factory functions. Very specific to JavaScript.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details – The Process took 2-3 weeks. Initial phone interview followed by 2- phone interviews. Still waiting for the HR interview and confirmation.

Interview Question – HTTP post methods, how to make programs compied on different machines (32 and 63 bit) compatible with a single application using them.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details – Referred by a friend

Interview Question – How do you get the min of a stack in O(1) time?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in October 2011.

Interview Details – I heard about the position through a friend, emailed her contact and was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview with the team. I was called a few days later and offered the job

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time where you overcame adversity   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Yahoo in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred to by another intern and sent my curriculum vitae through him. I received a phone call within 2 days. He asked me all sort of questions from my curriculum vitae, about my experiences and was impressed by my previous internships.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Taipei (Taiwan)

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details – Two onsite interviews. One by HR and one by a engineering team.

Interview Question – Algorithms   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email asking for availability, followed by an email with a scheduled phone interview. Got asked a few resume based questions followed by a couple technical questions. Was then emailed a date for second and final phone interview. Asked more high level big data questions and some behavioral. Was told I would have a decision by the end of the week. After emailing the recruiter back and forth about 2-3 times over the course of two weeks, got the not interested email.

Interview Question – How do you remove a node from a singly linked list, given only that node? (no head)   View Answer

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview didn't focus on the boring algorithm/coding problems. We spent most time discussing the open problems related to the group's work. It's more flexible and it's not possible to prepare. I like this format though. I was feeling relaxed and it was like chatting.

Interview Question – What is the largest possible number of internal nodes in a red-black
tree with black-height k? What is the smallest possible number?
  View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in August 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview because I was going to do a study abroad internship for a short period during the summer. Great communication skills asked me questions about my team work.

Interview Question – Please describe how you overcame an issue on a team related issue?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo Intern interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees and interview candidates.