Yahoo Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2014

2.9

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

After speaking to representatives at a job fair, I received an interest email and from there had a phone interview scheduled. It was a 45 minute technical interview where I coded in a Google Doc. The interviewer had a strong Indian accent that was very difficult to understand and besides that, she wasn't articulate at explaining each problem prompt. It was actually a very frustrating interview. I didn't hear back for three weeks, at which time I got an email saying I had made it to the next round, but at that point I was turned off enough by the process and had already received other offers that I stopped.

Interview Questions
  • There was a question on JavaScript closures, in particular about factory functions. Very specific to JavaScript.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Yahoo.

The Process took 2-3 weeks. Initial phone interview followed by 2- phone interviews. Still waiting for the HR interview and confirmation.

Interview Questions
    • HTTP post methods, how to make programs compied on different machines (32 and 63 bit) compatible with a single application using them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Yahoo.

three phone interviews with analysts and then marketing director. It's very pleasant and informative. I learnt a lot about the work they are doing. They also gave feedbacks on my performance which I find extremely helpful in my future job search

Referred by a friend

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in October 2011.

I heard about the position through a friend, emailed her contact and was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview with the team. I was called a few days later and offered the job

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you overcame adversity   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Two onsite interviews. One by HR and one by a engineering team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Yahoo in May 2012.

I was referred to by another intern and sent my curriculum vitae through him. I received a phone call within 2 days. He asked me all sort of questions from my curriculum vitae, about my experiences and was impressed by my previous internships.

Not negotiable

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in August 2010.

Had a phone interview because I was going to do a study abroad internship for a short period during the summer. Great communication skills asked me questions about my team work.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe how you overcame an issue on a team related issue?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2008.

The interview didn't focus on the boring algorithm/coding problems. We spent most time discussing the open problems related to the group's work. It's more flexible and it's not possible to prepare. I like this format though. I was feeling relaxed and it was like chatting.

Interview Questions
    • What is the largest possible number of internal nodes in a red-black
      tree with black-height k? What is the smallest possible number?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2013.

I dropped my resume in university career fair. And I was contacted quickly after that. I got two interviews, both phone screens. The employers are from mail team, but they do have strong accent. I usually ask them to repeat several times to understand the questions. Both of them are really tech based. I expected some chatting about experiences and backgrounds, but the both interviewers just start right with technical questions.
    Questions are broad and basic ones.
    the difference between POST and GET.
    Find unique ints in an array
    something about html css and server side stuff.
    The second interviewer asked more than 10 questions during the call.

Interview Questions

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!