Yahoo

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.8

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

three phone interviews with analysts and then marketing director. It's very pleasant and informative. I learnt a lot about the work they are doing. They also gave feedbacks on my performance which I find extremely helpful in my future job search

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

After speaking to representatives at a job fair, I received an interest email and from there had a phone interview scheduled. It was a 45 minute technical interview where I coded in a Google Doc. The interviewer had a strong Indian accent that was very difficult to understand and besides that, she wasn't articulate at explaining each problem prompt. It was actually a very frustrating interview. I didn't hear back for three weeks, at which time I got an email saying I had made it to the next round, but at that point I was turned off enough by the process and had already received other offers that I stopped.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question on JavaScript closures, in particular about factory functions. Very specific to JavaScript.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

The Process took 2-3 weeks. Initial phone interview followed by 2- phone interviews. Still waiting for the HR interview and confirmation.

Interview Questions
    • HTTP post methods, how to make programs compied on different machines (32 and 63 bit) compatible with a single application using them.   Answer Question

Referred by a friend

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo in September 2014.

Very bad experience. They sent a new hire for interview who has limited knowledge of anything. Very bad of Yahoo to send such a newbie for interview when I myself have 2+ years of industry experience. Also I was told that I will be reimbursed for cab fare which I never was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo in October 2011.

I heard about the position through a friend, emailed her contact and was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview with the team. I was called a few days later and offered the job

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you overcame adversity   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yahoo in May 2012.

I was referred to by another intern and sent my curriculum vitae through him. I received a phone call within 2 days. He asked me all sort of questions from my curriculum vitae, about my experiences and was impressed by my previous internships.

Not negotiable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Two onsite interviews. One by HR and one by a engineering team.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in April 2013.

Got an email asking for availability, followed by an email with a scheduled phone interview. Got asked a few resume based questions followed by a couple technical questions. Was then emailed a date for second and final phone interview. Asked more high level big data questions and some behavioral. Was told I would have a decision by the end of the week. After emailing the recruiter back and forth about 2-3 times over the course of two weeks, got the not interested email.

Interview Questions
    • How do you remove a node from a singly linked list, given only that node? (no head)   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo in January 2008.

The interview didn't focus on the boring algorithm/coding problems. We spent most time discussing the open problems related to the group's work. It's more flexible and it's not possible to prepare. I like this format though. I was feeling relaxed and it was like chatting.

Interview Questions
    • What is the largest possible number of internal nodes in a red-black
      tree with black-height k? What is the smallest possible number?

View Answer